Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:
So I have zero interest in any mainstream vacations as it seems and I am struggling for ideas on what to do with my vacation time and savings. I'm looking for ideas on things that could be of interest to a nerdy introvert like me that aren't going to way too hot beaches or trekking around cities just to take photos with famous buildings. I was kind of considering Disney World for a while just cause it's something you can't find in my neck of the woods, but while my budget would allow for it, the prices are just too outrageous for me, plus going to Florida ATM just doesn't sound that attractive.
What are things you guys like to do for vacationing during the summer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

just stay home if you're too afraid to actually leave I guess

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

ah yes, Disney World, a place notorioualy free of people,

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

soma

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

thinking to take a low stress vacation to disney world, thoughts? :)

OsteoMcB
Mar 19, 2023

I hear Tonga is nice this time of the year.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
OP have you even been near a Disney property? They extrude stress like radio waves. You can feel it when you drive past in Anaheim.

if you want something chill and good, go to a local state park camping ground. For the money you would've spent on a Disney vacation, you could get some baller camping gear and go basically the rest of the summer.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
The Sturgis motorcycle rally is coming up.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

any ideas for a vacation that doesn't involve like, doing things? not interested in stuff like landmarks, buildings, history or any of that boring rear end poo poo lol :)

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
always nice to do a bit of camping in the back garden, or a nearby forest/park if you're feeling adventurous

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

have you tried camp out parties? might sound kind of crazy, but those usually cater much better to introverts than other types of parties

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I am a fellow introvert nerd and I enjoy visiting small towns near me for the day to visit weird shops, museums, and places I don’t have back home. Drive up or down, spend a few hours on foot wandering around, eat local, then drive home. It’s fun.

Also, visiting natural parks and the like. The beauty of of an open flower field, imposing mountains, or a vibrant sunrise/sunset is something to behold.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Just go roller skating, it's the poo poo :cool:

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Is there anything you want to eat, or drink, or see that's not available where you're at? You don't have to act like a trourist caricature. You can go to Naples just to have some pizza and not take any photos whatsoever.

Vampire Panties posted:

OP have you even been near a Disney property? They extrude stress like radio waves. You can feel it when you drive past in Anaheim.

if you want something chill and good, go to a local state park camping ground. For the money you would've spent on a Disney vacation, you could get some baller camping gear and go basically the rest of the summer.

Yeah, OP. Unless you think crowds, queues, and BO are stress relieving, I'd forget about Disney anything.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
i quite want to go to a "Dark Sky Site", a place where there's so little light pollution you can see the milky way in its majesty

https://www.darksky.org/our-work/conservation/idsp/finder/

could see if you have one near you and go for a weekend

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Peggy Edson posted:

make sure you go in july

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Peggy Edson posted:

bring small children and a limited budget

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags

Chinatown posted:

bring small children and a limited budget
Squirrel meat is plentiful, but you may have difficulty finding a discreet place to build a cookfire. There's some dense landscaping near the Animal Kingdom that may work.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

go to japan or europe and just ride the trains around without any destination, seems to be a popular goon vacation

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
go to disney world China with ur kids op

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Columbia, and experience a week of being an extrovert

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

go pet the aggressive deer in kyoto

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

have you ever toured around visiting historically significant telescopes, op? that’s pretty fun. they even let you look through most of them

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Buce posted:

go pet the aggressive deer in kyoto

it was some island off hiroshima but i saw those deer steal mad poo poo from fools. it was weird seeing deer not be skittish cowards

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i enjoyed going to the aquarium in chattanooga tennessee. and thats not a town a ton of people think to go to for tourism, so its usually pretty mellow. and its pretty nerdy i guess. the weather loving sucks there this time of year tho.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Peggy Edson posted:

any ideas for a vacation that doesn't involve like, doing things? not interested in stuff like landmarks, buildings, history or any of that boring rear end poo poo lol :)

Peggy Edson posted:

lol

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

not all beaches are in typically really hot places, op. maybe somewhere like the coast of Washington or Oregon is more your speed, where you can rent a little place right by the shore and just vibe with the waves for a while

e: both states are also :420: -friendly, to assist the aforementioned vibing

SatansOnion fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jul 19, 2023

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i have a load of hobbies op so i like to just really dig into those some weeks i take off. sometimes it involves travel like if i wanna visit a certain cool crag for rock climbing or if i'm going to participate in a rally, sometimes i just stay home and paint miniatures or make terrain and stuff

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Smoke some DMT and watch as your soul leaves your body for a few hours and enjoy the trip without having to go anywhere

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Joplin

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Toxic Mental posted:

Smoke some DMT and watch as your soul leaves your body for a few hours and enjoy the trip without having to go anywhere

have you done this? what kind of pipe would you use?

Nurglings
May 6, 2016
go to amsterdam and do a bunch of drugs, but the low stress ones

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Cabins in national parks are chill. Go horseback riding, visit a couple of caves, peep some animals, maybe hang in a hot spring...

The US's national parks are seriously our best feature.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Take a trip to Azeroth lol

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Das Boo posted:

Cabins in national parks are chill. Go horseback riding, visit a couple of caves, peep some animals, maybe hang in a hot spring...

The US's national parks are seriously our best feature.

the us national park system is nearly unparalleled. happy to have something similar here as well but its def an aberration in the world

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

kntfkr posted:

have you done this? what kind of pipe would you use?

Use a lucky crack pipe

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Das Boo posted:

Cabins in national parks are chill.

National parks have great hot springs too. They usually cordon off the best ones - the rangers save them for themselves - so just ignore any warnings and hop on it.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

This might be contentious but have you considered a cruise OP? There was a thread about them here not too long ago and it might be what you're looking for.

You just have to get yourself to and from the boat, and everything in between is completely taken care of. No schedule, everything is provided and self-contained, and you don't have to interact with anyone if you don't want to. Get hammered, eat all you want, gamble, enjoy the sunshine and breeze and pools, see a show, go on a low-effort excursion or two. Or don't, and just sit in your room and stare at the ocean while enjoying air conditioning.

Just make sure you don't get on a lovely line like Carnival or whatever.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

the us national park system is nearly unparalleled. happy to have something similar here as well but its def an aberration in the world

this tbh. go see the Redwoods in CA. Olympic Park in WA is cool too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

The last real vacation I took was a two week road trip from kitchener Ontario to Cape Breton ns. Hitting parks and camp grounds along the way to hike and camp. Besides the traffic poo poo in Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal it was pretty dang chill.