Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i have met quite a few goons irl at this point and they have all been very nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
edit: whoops, wrong person

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

i think your odds are pretty good. there’s only been less than a handful of known goon murderers. how many could be left? probably not a lot

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
sensory deprivation tank

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Dick Fontaine posted:

i think your odds are pretty good. there’s only been less than a handful of known goon murderers. how many could be left? probably not a lot

One in maybe a thousand? I like my chances.

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark
OP have you considered flying to South Korea then running across the dmz laughing all the stress away?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
bird sanctuary. try to be stressed around a curlew i dare you

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Peggy Edson posted:

any ideas for a vacation that doesn't involve like, doing things? not interested in stuff like landmarks, buildings, history or any of that boring rear end poo poo lol :)

Yeah, I been too busy so far this year so I just took the afternoons off. Cut my work stress in half and there's no stress from staycationing.

I'd love to live my life like this working 4 hours in the morning and blocking the rest of my white collar calendar out for everyday forever.

Edit: just did this for second half of July, but will do this again. Obviously you need to like where you live to enjoy this poo poo.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jul 20, 2023

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Private Cumshoe posted:

sensory deprivation tank

sensory overload tank

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
that's the crack cocaine package

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Earwicker posted:

i have met quite a few goons irl at this point and they have all been very nice

Same.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Visit Connecticut

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Extra Large Marge posted:

The Sturgis motorcycle rally is coming up.

The only food thing about the rally is the yearly videos of some random chud in full harley regalia trying to pet a baby bison and getting a painful but nonlethal lesson about why you shouldn't do that.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Deki posted:

The only food thing about the rally is the yearly videos of some random chud in full harley regalia trying to pet a baby bison and getting a painful but nonlethal lesson about why you shouldn't do that.

remember in 2020 when they still had it and like a ton of old fat bikers died from covid lol

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

You should go on a Dragonball Vacation Retreat. Dedicated to to physical fitness, spiritual purity and a desire to scream and punch your challengers.

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags

redshirt posted:

Visit Connecticut
That's the best slogan that the state tourism board could muster. 'Connecticut is also for lovers' came in second

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

nice obelisk idiot posted:

That's the best slogan that the state tourism board could muster. 'Connecticut is also for lovers' came in second

I wouldn't go so far as the Lovers thing.

MonkeyHate
Oct 11, 2002

Dance, monkey, dance!
Taco Defender
Why not just make your spouse take on all the labor and stress of planning and paying for everything, then when you arrive put on a bathrobe and lay in the big hotel bed looking at pictures of dresses on Instagram and eating room service food while the tv is on playing Friends loudly for nobody all day every day until it’s time for your spouse to pack you up and whisk you back to the airport? That looks so very relaxing.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

lol this is great, thank you

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

MonkeyHate posted:

Why not just make your spouse take on all the labor and stress of planning and paying for everything, then when you arrive put on a bathrobe and lay in the big hotel bed looking at pictures of dresses on Instagram and eating room service food while the tv is on playing Friends loudly for nobody all day every day until it’s time for your spouse to pack you up and whisk you back to the airport? That looks so very relaxing.

oh wow

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
If you're gonna meet goons just make sure you're a murderer or creep, because the odds of both of you being that is so low!

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

syntaxfunction posted:

If you're gonna meet goons just make sure you're a murderer or creep, because the odds of both of you being that is so low!

:hmmyes:

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

you can always do some cracker tourism and hit up small towns in like missouri or arkansas or some swamp in florida

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:
Well serves me right for mentioning that I played with the idea of going to Disney I guess. I already kicked that plan aside anyway. Going to the US atm isn't really that attractive overall, so I was mostly hoping for some fun generic ideas. My budget is pretty flush from not doing any real vacationing during the pandemic.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Probably could've mentioned you're not in the US.

I still say cruise. It seems right up your alley.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

MonkeyHate posted:

hmm projecting much?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Yeah honestly cruises are about as low stress as you can get unless you're someone who lives in one of the Covid threads.

naem
May 29, 2011

sometimes I wish that I had, spouse

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

You could always take a vacation outside. Don't cost nothing (yet).

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
Civil war battlefield tour, just don't get caught jerkin off

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Sip an island drink!

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

oh, yeah, i have an extremely introverted friend who goes on two cruises every year—the official dr who cruise and the official star trek cruise—and he loves it! sounds like they party in a way that really clicks with him because he’s always smuggling drugs and stuff in there (which is crazy because the rest of the year he never leaves his house and won’t even touch a beer lest it interfere with his life’s true passion, site reliability engineering)

so maybe check out theme cruises for super dorks? it seems like they’re actually pretty cool and not at all lame like you would expect

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Dandywalken posted:

Sip an island drink!

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags

Dick Fontaine posted:

oh, yeah, i have an extremely introverted friend who goes on two cruises every year—the official dr who cruise and the official star trek cruise—and he loves it! sounds like they party in a way that really clicks with him because he’s always smuggling drugs and stuff in there
Tweakers almost ruined the dr who cruise last year by dismantling the robots and pulling apart the big scarf thread by thread

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

nice obelisk idiot posted:

Tweakers almost ruined the dr who cruise last year by dismantling the robots and pulling apart the big scarf thread by thread

oh no :(

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Dig a big fuckin hole in the middle of your house and go see what's down there?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Dick Fontaine posted:

the official dr who cruise and the official star trek cruise

what the gently caress

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
which smells worse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU