Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

fishing day blessings yall

thanks deep dish peat moss and big black turnout!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

Chloe hopes you all are having a good day

Blow

Code Jockey posted:

Chloe hopes you all are having a good day

Chloe looks like an intelligent doggo.

Give her a treat.

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

Blow posted:

Chloe looks like an intelligent doggo.

Give her a treat.

Done and done!

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er
Hey I hope you all have wonderful,,, quick afternoon and manage to have a chill evening! Get some nice food you enjoy, and just do something relaxing y'all enjoy! ❤

baka of lathspell

Gaylor Moon posted:

Hey I hope you all have wonderful,,, quick afternoon and manage to have a chill evening! Get some nice food you enjoy, and just do something relaxing y'all enjoy! ❤

u 2 orb

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

Gaylor Moon posted:

this

nesamdoom
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
A couple of nights ago I was given this tiny electric I was looking at when I was at someone's house. It's jack was inside the body and it looked iffy on if it was junk. I got around to taking off the panel and jack panel. One wire was disconnected from the output jack and someone had put the nut to hold it in place on the thing then put that panel on. 15 mins of messing with it and I've got a working 30" electric for my kid to play while I play my bass. So, I officially have a second band member. Fully excited for him to get home in a few days and get to play.

And it gives me an excuse to get my leather stuff out and make him a strap, so extra good mood at a fun project after I measure him for it.

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
hell yeah!!!
spread the music!

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
it's fun to rescue used music gear cause a lot of the time, if you can do some basic soldering and have some cleaning spray, you can revive it. people junk stuff all the time that just has a scratchy potentiometer or something.

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free
This is probably the absolute best batch of weed gummies I have ever made, from a taste, texture and "I actually like eating it" standpoint, holy cow

and I am caught up on work, I can get obliterated without thinking "I should be doing X"

cruft

This week's 150-particdpant training has been a non-stop parade of problems, but my awesome staff has figured out how to work around each one and provide participants with a great experience anyway.

It's only Tuesday, but so far we are absolutely slaying putting this thing on.

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er
In the name of the moon I hope you're all having a nice Wednesday! Sippin some soda and watchin the hours slink by until fweedom

Code Jockey posted:

This is probably the absolute best batch of weed gummies I have ever made, from a taste, texture and "I actually like eating it" standpoint, holy cow

and I am caught up on work, I can get obliterated without thinking "I should be doing X"

That sounds loving fantastic. Tch I'm one of the few midwest states still illegal. People tout delta8 gummies but yeah I'd love to be just ripped on those

Blow

Not legal in :australia: either :(

Having said that, I scored a deal a while back. Really good poo poo, bit seedy though. I kept the seeds.

It's getting a bit warmer, past midwinter now. So I threw 'em in little pot of soil the other day.

They would appear to be fertile :)

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free
+

cruft

Today's the last day of my 2½ week business trip! I get to see my wife again, and we get to re-learn how to be happy without raising a child.

In related positivity news: our child is now living on her own and shows every sign of continuing to be a productive member of society. We get an A at parenting! (Ms Cruft's parents got a D- so this is a nice step up for her DNA line.)

Blow

cruft posted:

Today's the last day of my 2½ week business trip! I get to see my wife again, and we get to re-learn how to be happy without raising a child.

In related positivity news: our child is now living on her own and shows every sign of continuing to be a productive member of society. We get an A at parenting! (Ms Cruft's parents got a D- so this is a nice step up for her DNA line.)

:hfive:

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free
solved a problem at work today that was driving me up the walls, it didn't help that this is an R&D effort I'm helping with and so there's zero support. It's all new experimentation, and like very little pressure because people "get" that it's all unknown. But of course, my brain is flaring up and making me think the worst, so solving this one was a huge relief. Felt nice to blast out a bunch of I FIGURED THAT poo poo OUT messages on chat, too, lol

Simple stuff in the end, purely in retrospect, but getting there took me learning new stuff, so I can't fault myself for it taking as long as it did. Plus I now know stuff I did not know before, bonus!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I got a call on my direct line a week or so ago from an advisor at a big firm that is normally handled by another group in my department at work--think, I handle big money advisors over here, but they handle these other big money advisors over on that side of the big-firm fence. She was pretty intense but I hit it off with her (because, also intense) and did a 30 minute long illustration review for a high dollar ticket (couple milli) with her on the fly.

I didn't expect anything to come from it but she told me she really loved talking to me, she only liked talking to competent folks and that she was really happy with my performance and that I was able to answer her questions. Cool, that felt good!!! I love hearing that I'm not just pretending haha.

I got an email later in the day from a field partner that has her in the territory praising me up one side and down the other to my boss, my boss's boss, my boss's boss's boss, and ultimately, the divisional president. Cool!!! They all gave me an attagirl and I felt rad as gently caress. Like seriously flying high on that.

Mother fucker, my boss emailed me yesterday. "Congratulations on your award!!!"

I got a bonus. Not huge, but like, surprise money. And another semi big award for the industry on top of that. This advisor, my divisional president and my field partner all nominated me for it.

FEELS.
FUCKIN.
GOOD.

Blow

Randy Travesty posted:

I got a call on my direct line a week or so ago from an advisor at a big firm that is normally handled by another group in my department at work--think, I handle big money advisors over here, but they handle these other big money advisors over on that side of the big-firm fence. She was pretty intense but I hit it off with her (because, also intense) and did a 30 minute long illustration review for a high dollar ticket (couple milli) with her on the fly.

I didn't expect anything to come from it but she told me she really loved talking to me, she only liked talking to competent folks and that she was really happy with my performance and that I was able to answer her questions. Cool, that felt good!!! I love hearing that I'm not just pretending haha.

I got an email later in the day from a field partner that has her in the territory praising me up one side and down the other to my boss, my boss's boss, my boss's boss's boss, and ultimately, the divisional president. Cool!!! They all gave me an attagirl and I felt rad as gently caress. Like seriously flying high on that.

I got a bonus. Not huge, but like, surprise money. And another semi big award for the industry on top of that. This advisor, my divisional president and my field partner all nominated me for it.

FEELS.
FUCKIN.
GOOD.

:hfive:

Good poo poo :)

cruft

Randy Travesty posted:

FEELS.
FUCKIN.
GOOD.

nice

nesamdoom
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I got a cupcake this morning.

It was really good.

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

Randy Travesty posted:

FEELS.
FUCKIN.
GOOD.

hell yes

remember this when your brain tries telling you that you suck

nesamdoom
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I'm almost out of caramel cheesecake vape juice, just got some strawberry shortcake. I'm quite happy to get home and I'm gonna fill my room with tasty fog while lounging in Aircon.
I also figured out how to get pandora to just play stuff I like by jamming every and I could into a station. It just decided I want to listen to Blur and was correct. Woohoo!

https://i.imgur.com/1qBoiAi.mp4

Manifisto - 2023,rear end-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
Blow

nesamdoom posted:

I'm almost out of caramel cheesecake vape juice, just got some strawberry shortcake. I'm quite happy to get home and I'm gonna fill my room with tasty fog while lounging in Aircon.
I also figured out how to get pandora to just play stuff I like by jamming every and I could into a station. It just decided I want to listen to Blur and was correct. Woohoo!

Did you get your head checked?

nesamdoom
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Blow posted:

Did you get your head checked?

:parrot:That's Wednesdays. Also a positive.

cruft

We made Ruby a tiny breakfast burrito.

Quadramind

An incredibly good deed

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

Quadramind posted:

An incredibly good deed

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

Quadramind posted:

An incredibly good deed

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free
Messed up a batch of weed gummies by leaving out one of the tbsp of gelatin, but really it just makes them harder to get out of the mold. I put them in the freezer, then since it's a thin silicone mold, I just poke them out and they mostly come out okay. Very super thick goo texture vs gummy, since they're more fruit pectin than "structural" gelatin

But, structural issues aside, they turned out well enough that it is taking me a long time to write this, despite feeling like I am typing quite fast, lol

also big thanks to sao for movie night which I am currently enjoying!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Code Jockey posted:

Messed up a batch of weed gummies by leaving out one of the tbsp of gelatin, but really it just makes them harder to get out of the mold. I put them in the freezer, then since it's a thin silicone mold, I just poke them out and they mostly come out okay. Very super thick goo texture vs gummy, since they're more fruit pectin than "structural" gelatin

But, structural issues aside, they turned out well enough that it is taking me a long time to write this, despite feeling like I am typing quite fast, lol

also big thanks to sao for movie night which I am currently enjoying!

you just made freezer jam! put it on toast! get high on toast! yesss!

Blow

Randy Travesty posted:

Some quality bread, perfectly toasted, buttered, with weed jam sounds awesome. Perhaps mix in an another jam (conserve/jelly) like blueberry or boysenberry to round out the flavour profile.

:)

Quadramind

Well, it's taken me over a year to get back here, but I am officially able to shower regularly without needing a chair

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

Quadramind posted:

Well, it's taken me over a year to get back here, but I am officially able to shower regularly without needing a chair

Well done! That is progress!

canyoneer

I only have canyoneyes for you

nesamdoom posted:

A couple of nights ago I was given this tiny electric I was looking at when I was at someone's house. It's jack was inside the body and it looked iffy on if it was junk. I got around to taking off the panel and jack panel. One wire was disconnected from the output jack and someone had put the nut to hold it in place on the thing then put that panel on. 15 mins of messing with it and I've got a working 30" electric for my kid to play while I play my bass. So, I officially have a second band member. Fully excited for him to get home in a few days and get to play.

And it gives me an excuse to get my leather stuff out and make him a strap, so extra good mood at a fun project after I measure him for it.

I rescued a little Yamaha electric guitar that had a loose connection to the output and was strung wayyyyyy too tight (could probably shoot arrows with it rather than play music). After cleaning up the connection and getting the neck straightened out and restrung it plays great. I put on some colored strings that match the colors in Rocksmith so my kids can use it to play along.

next big project is our yamaha clavinova has a couple of dead keys that need to be fixed.

our diswasher died 3 1/2 months ago and the backordered replacement finally came in and i installed it last night. i'm so happy to have a dishwasher again

baka of lathspell

Bump

after getting broke af i dried out for 48. had to do afternoon, sleep, full day of basically lying in bed all day with Jareth and shivering and feeling sick cuz i couldnt really eat. however weed is some kind of drug and i appreciate the hell not lasting overly long. i feel fine now and might make weed a special occasion thing in the future

not an anti weed post I appreciate hella that it only lasted a day and a half cuz i was going hard

just kind of happy to be up and listening to music and doing stuff again

e: as opposed to quitting the vape which was impossible. But this post is positive cuz im happy

baka of lathspell fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Aug 24, 2023

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Quadramind

I just finished about a month and a half of no green and I love little bongs

nesamdoom
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
My wife called me up yesterday and we chatted a bit because some state agency sent something for me to her mom's house. No clue why. Never used the address for anything ever. But she has, so I'm guessing they saw it on list of contacts for the person I'm legally connected to. The positive bit is that I absolutely love when I talk to my wife. There was the bonus of the step-grandbaby has started talking since the last time I was over to that town. So, I got my first hi from a gbaby.
She's a cute little thing that looks like my wife's oldest. Last time I left the city to go over there was over a year ago and she was smaller, but I got a finger squeeze for the trip down.
I like babies. They are people that haven't become assholes yet. Babies also like staring at me, always have since I started noticing it when my nieces were born 20some years ago. And that's a pretty cool thing because them staring at me lets me have an interaction where I don't want less attention.
Sorry, kinda went on a baby tangent. The paper I got was them offering to help get my SSI kicked up to something like upwards of 900 more a month.
Lots of good stuff all in a 30 min call.
Oh, landlord got my sink fixed so it chucks lots of water out now and put in a new aircon the first day of the heat advisory.
He also told me I gotta clean up my place a bit more because my kid and I have just a fucklot of cool poo poo, and obviously he's jealous that his collection of chartoon character theme juice bottle lids is lacking. I've been meaning to get a lot of this stuff done eventually and, despite the anxiety from being told what to do and how to manage my own things, it's been a push towards getting a lot of put off organizing/housework done. Then if I pass the next inspection my rent is getting kicked way down next to nothing and I'll have more money to buy more cool poo poo for the tiny dude and I(but with some storage shelving and such).
So, that new getting stuff also leads to me being likely to buy a new bed this year and a metal frame thing that allows for big underbed storage totes.

I'm going to stop because really I could throw a bunch of stuff out with my way of finding good things in almost everything. Have a good weekend everyone and Fall is coming soon.

Quadramind posted:

I just finished about a month and a half of no green and I love little bongs

I'm rolling up on 7 years without. Not by any like need to avoid, just really only like smoking when I can go to sleep, but things haven't really been right with stuff going on. Looking forward to vacay next year to a legal state and getting pretty high. I'm going to try to get uncomfortably high off of some infused thing one wouldn't think should be used enough for this purpose. Like lots of infused mustard on hotdogs. Also, my sis-n-law works at place that sells(not primarily, but a lot) of stuff for smoking and my brother has a pretty good collection of little bongs. Some of them are really badass.

canyoneer posted:

I rescued a little Yamaha electric guitar that had a loose connection to the output and was strung wayyyyyy too tight (could probably shoot arrows with it rather than play music). After cleaning up the connection and getting the neck straightened out and restrung it plays great. I put on some colored strings that match the colors in Rocksmith so my kids can use it to play along.

next big project is our yamaha clavinova has a couple of dead keys that need to be fixed.

It's pretty great how simple general care is for a lot of instruments and even failure to is normally so easy to fix. I never played Rocksmith, but a dude I know on steam does a lot and I love the idea of coloured strings. I still wanna take his guitar apart sometime and we can paint the body and he can put stickers on it then sheen/sealer
(don't know what the equivelant to sheening a bit of leather is). So, coloured strings would be a cool excuse to turn that into a Sunday afternoon thing.
I've not really played piano much, but I loved when I had a keyboard and I've messed with pianos enough times trying to find close to were I should be to try to play bass lines on them. Is the fixing keys just making sure the string is properly tensioned?

baka fwocka fwame posted:

just kind of happy to be up and listening to music and doing stuff again

e: as opposed to quitting the vape which was impossible. But this post is positive cuz im happy

Good to hear you're not miserable.

Randy Travesty posted:

This would be awesome to put into homemade icecream as the like swirls they do in them. No hate on toast, but getting hosed up on a bowl of ice cream in the summer sounds like a good time.

Hey sorry everyone. I was gonna be done, then decided to reply to some of the positivity. Thanks everyone for the bits of cheeriness coming in. It helps a lot on days that I'm tired of finding it on my own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka of lathspell

it was a nice read tho. sometimes you gotta just post

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)