Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Really wish I knew how to make a third thing with zucchini. :discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
You can saute some courgette with onions and then add a little cilantro and lime for a latin kick

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i leik to make eggs :kiddo:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Chinatown posted:

i leik to make eggs :kiddo:

U ever make eggs

With a courgette?? :chef:

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I admit it's a high bar but that's why it's an Iron Chef competition. We'd love to see all of these delicious courgette/zucchini pics in GWS any time though!

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

If you are struggling to think of things to do with courgettes/zucchini so you can enter the competition, I should probably say that there is no prohibition against using other people’s recipes.

I frequently use google for inspiration, you don’t need to have created the recipes yourself in order to enter.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica
I'm too lazy to do a recipe write up, but if anyone is looking for inspiration, my partner made eggplant parm tonight, but used courgette instead of eggplant (okay, technically a yellow marrow but close e-loving-nough)

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Was gifted a big old zucc and I'm eagerly awaiting the submissions because I can't figure out what to do with it myself.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Man I havnt had zucchini bread in forever

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Looks like I'll have to kick off this thread proper, stay tuned for some very gooncentric zuchinni food.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I never really liked zucchini. I ate it a whole lot. My dad would always grow some in the garden every year and that poo poo grows like a weed and you can get 20+ gigantic ones in a season in a tiny backyard garden with no effort. Like 2-3x+ the size you'll see in a grocery store. It was always common here when I was young to either give them away or have neighbors give them away because they grow like crazy.

Zucchini bread is good.

edit: hi GWS btw, I haven't posted there in a long time but you guys were always nice :)

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Is that the thing Dr oz said he was making and ended up distancing himself from the non celebrity class

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
No, that was crudites which while it might involve (grilled) zucchini is also known as a vegetable platter. I can see how, as a GBS poster, this may elude you.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

thinking to make some calabacitas maybe

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

ICSA crudités might represent something of a challenge to adjudicate

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

I have entered the competition with my courgette dino nuggies
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4039690

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
The dino bones look like a dick and balls.

10/10, would eat.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Pennywise the Frown posted:

The dino bones look like a dick and balls.

10/10, would eat.

What! Nooooo, they're just... broken. Yeah that's it.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Alright here's my go of it: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4039701

Zucchini, corn, and black bean soup
Zucchini and carrot gyoza
Shaved zucchini and ginger ice with matcha syrup

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I made this tonight

Grilled Zucchini And Sweet Corn Salad
★★★★★
Grill, Sides, Vegetable

Ingredients:

Salad
3 medium zucchini, halved widthwise
1 medium sweet pepper, cored and cut into quarters
5 medium ears sweet corn, husks and silk removed
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small jalapeno pepper, minced
1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro

Dressing
1/4 cup freshly-squeezed lime juice
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon agave nectar or honey
2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
1/4 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Salad
Rub zucchini, sweet pepper, and corn with olive oil. Heat a grill to medium-high heat, then grill veggies directly on grates until zucchini and pepper are tender and corn is slightly charred.
Allow corn, zucchini, and sweet pepper to cool several minutes, then remove corn from cobs and dice zucchini and pepper into 1/2-in cubes.
Combine corn, zucchini, sweet pepper, jalapeno pepper, and cilantro in a large bowl. Set aside.
Dressing
In a small bowl, whisk lime juice, mustard, agave, and cilantro. Slowly drizzle in olive oil, whisking constantly until dressing is smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Pour dressing over salad and toss to evenly coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Chill salad until ready to serve and enjoy!

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

I edited my thread to include 3 total dishes this time.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
We made zucchini and feta gems tonight but I forgot to document the event. They were pretty tasty but I wish I'd put more romano and less flour.

3.5/5 stars, would forget to make thread content again

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Ten days to go! I got two more courgettes out of my garden this morning, I need more inspiration, get those entries in

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Scientastic posted:

Ten days to go! I got two more courgettes out of my garden this morning, I need more inspiration, get those entries in

Quick preview, Zucchini Icecream.

(The Zucchini funnel cake experiment almost burned down my house so I have to rethink that)

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Grandicap posted:

The Zucchini funnel cake experiment

Woah, that was the name of my band when I was at university

I hope you documented the glorious failure

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

Got my stuff made today, I'll put up my post tomorrow. 3 1/2 dishes (two desserts, one of which is a variation of the other), all basics, and I made a couple of compromises one of which nearly ended things in disaster.

There's also alcohol involved!

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Don't trust anyone who knows how to cook. They are Secret Alchemists with knowledge that is sorcerous in nature. Do not cook the courgette

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
The arcane mysteries of the courgette are not to be unlocked by kith nor kine

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
And we return to Goons with Spoons! Competitors, you have one week left!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

My dinner party is tomorrow, but of my recipe testing, behold the most cursed (and delicious?)

Zucchini Strawberry Boba Milk Tea!??!

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I was excited to see a ICSA come up and really wanted to participate, but then August ended up a really lovely month with issues at work and health issues forcing me to cram it all into this weekend which culminated in me messing up 2 of the 3 recipes I was going to do, because I am just not there mentally.

Good luck to all the participants, the contributions so far are great and I love the theme.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Post up!

This was super fun, thanks Scientastic!

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Hopper posted:

I was excited to see a ICSA come up and really wanted to participate, but then August ended up a really lovely month with issues at work and health issues forcing me to cram it all into this weekend which culminated in me messing up 2 of the 3 recipes I was going to do, because I am just not there mentally.

Good luck to all the participants, the contributions so far are great and I love the theme.

Did you take photos? One of my favourite ICSA entries is one where I hosed up a baked Alaska made with aqua faba and coated the floor of my oven in rock hard ersatz meringue

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Scientastic posted:

Did you take photos? One of my favourite ICSA entries is one where I hosed up a baked Alaska made with aqua faba and coated the floor of my oven in rock hard ersatz meringue

Do you still have this photo? I must have missed that one

Edit: VV I meant a photo of Scientastic's floor meringue. VV

Shooting Blanks fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Aug 28, 2023

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Yes, even for people who didn't make the requisite number of dishes, it's still fun to see your adventures in courgettes!

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My submission is up!

Courgettes 101

Nothing fancy, and a bit later to the punch than I wanted (real life interfered), but everything was edible. Tasty, even!

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Shooting Blanks posted:

Do you still have this photo? I must have missed that one

Edit: VV I meant a photo of Scientastic's floor meringue. VV

The thread is here. It was an NICSA, so I wasn’t really eligible to enter, but I love beans and I love ICSAs, so I put together and entry anyway for the hell of it. Some parts were good, many things didn’t work, the baked alaska was a complete disaster, but it was fun and my guests were good spirited about the whole thing.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Scientastic posted:

The thread is here. It was an NICSA, so I wasn’t really eligible to enter, but I love beans and I love ICSAs, so I put together and entry anyway for the hell of it. Some parts were good, many things didn’t work, the baked alaska was a complete disaster, but it was fun and my guests were good spirited about the whole thing.

That's half of what cooking is - experimentation, figuring out what works, and hopefully having friends good enough to appreciate the effort.

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

How long after this ends is the voting thread going up? I'm going to be away for two weeks, and definitely not using my work laptop to visit SA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Voting thread should be up on September first.