Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cpmaoa1990
Jul 21, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Does anybody remember this show? Or the Adult Swim block it was on? Kikaider, Cyborg 009, Cowboy Bebop, was Inuyasha still on the block? Was Blue Gender before or after it (I think before?).

It was weird, the intro movie is candid, say's "No one has power's!" and it's tagline is "" if it has one! It had a story? Moved? Was straightline? Like all of the AS shows! Nihilistic!

What was about it? Do you remember? What was the heroes name? I remember Straight Cougar, the little female lead being a common trope character, like in that OAV on TechTV that was like, dark scythe cool! I draw it all the time, it's sceneful! Whatever it's name was!

Was your clique AS/TechTV? Did you even know TechTV had anime!? Wow! Saiyuki: Journey West and Vandread were on it! As well as... Was Crest/Banner of the Stars on TT or AS? Weird!

Anyway, hello! What do you remember about S-cry-ed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 24 days!)

i remember not figuring out how to say the title

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Crest of the Stars was on TechTV and I'm still stunned they ever bothered putting it on TV because the English dub is one of those things that is so bad I wondered how it even got made

How the gently caress DO you say S-cry-ed

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Good soup! posted:

How the gently caress DO you say S-cry-ed

GateOfD posted:

i remember not figuring out how to say the title

It's just like the English word "scried".

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

scryed is cool.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it has a character named Straight Cougar

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Don't they say the name of the show every single eyecatch? That's still stuck in my head after all these years. There are two main characters, red punch-guy and blue slash-guy. I always kinda felt like punch-guy got the rawer deal.

The teacher in Oregairu made a S-cry-ed reference in episode 1 which I got and laughed at.

Edit: Is punch-guy's name... Kazuma? Something like that.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Jul 22, 2023

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Only thing I remember about the show is the final episode where the MC and his rival just decide, "gently caress it, I just gotta beat the poo poo out of you," and they do. It's a fun fight!

cpmaoa1990
Jul 21, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
It was Kazuma! He ain't gonna kiryu, he's in Highschool and we won't google that! Straight Cougar is a 14 year old who just got a car! He ain't Takuya, nor a vampire, nor does he have any special powers bro! What give's!?

But the rest are forgotten! What was that TechTV OVA? It had the loli type character little girl old woman mainstream physic who wasn't empowered like orange kid here! Ran from Texhnolyze had powers, she could grow Raffia! And Soul Hunter was all about powers but WAS this character! weird

who else thinks they wanna go make games when they see s-CRY-ed (it's ess-CRY-edd)

like ey lowtax gonna die make a scene! ess for S! cry for CRY! like Becko said! and ed like special ed!

screed

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Endorph posted:

He was just napping at the end btw.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I rewatched this last year and it was every bit as awesome as I remember. Good poo poo

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Endorph posted:

his power was called Radical Good Speed

Everything about that character was perfect.

cpmaoa1990
Jul 21, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
I tried but I just wanna make games about it! It's not immersive anymore!

SRPG

Kazuma - Whackemoff Battler!
Role: Slayer!

So, the game is a turn-based RPG! With skills that pop up in bubbles! Tap them to execute! Then you have 3 generally like
Attack!
Say a Phrase!
Retreat!

The character's move themselves, it's iOS and Retreat! causes them to move back a space! They'll move forward, say a phrase and unlock the Battle Action Menu! It's so good!

What was the show about?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Clarste posted:

Don't they say the name of the show every single eyecatch? That's still stuck in my head after all these years. There are two main characters, red punch-guy and blue slash-guy. I always kinda felt like punch-guy got the rawer deal.

The teacher in Oregairu made a S-cry-ed reference in episode 1 which I got and laughed at.

Edit: Is punch-guy's name... Kazuma? Something like that.

IIRC they cut that out of the dub? They say the whole scyed thing a few times in the show but I can't recall the dub ever actually saying it. Maybe I'm wrong, it's been a while.

It was a fun show though, I think my favorite episode is still the stupid one where they use that one guy's power to try and write a script that had the main character joining the government agency and becoming best friends with his rival.

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

his power was called Radical Good Speed

Everything about that character was perfect.

:agreed:

EDIT: also the show had a rad opening track.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

cpmaoa1990 posted:

It was Kazuma! He ain't gonna kiryu, he's in Highschool and we won't google that! Straight Cougar is a 14 year old who just got a car! He ain't Takuya, nor a vampire, nor does he have any special powers bro! What give's!?

But the rest are forgotten! What was that TechTV OVA? It had the loli type character little girl old woman mainstream physic who wasn't empowered like orange kid here! Ran from Texhnolyze had powers, she could grow Raffia! And Soul Hunter was all about powers but WAS this character! weird

who else thinks they wanna go make games when they see s-CRY-ed (it's ess-CRY-edd)

like ey lowtax gonna die make a scene! ess for S! cry for CRY! like Becko said! and ed like special ed!

screed

cpmaoa1990 posted:

I tried but I just wanna make games about it! It's not immersive anymore!

SRPG

Kazuma - Whackemoff Battler!
Role: Slayer!

So, the game is a turn-based RPG! With skills that pop up in bubbles! Tap them to execute! Then you have 3 generally like
Attack!
Say a Phrase!
Retreat!

The character's move themselves, it's iOS and Retreat! causes them to move back a space! They'll move forward, say a phrase and unlock the Battle Action Menu! It's so good!

What was the show about?

what in the world

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

op just wants to talk about scryed

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

okay hold on i think ive figured that post out, op also posted in the gamedev thread. i think they want to make a scryed rpgmaker game?

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYQfmlkxGb8

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
One thing I remember about this series is that the manga had a bunch of fan service scenes with nudity that aren't in the anime

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Good soup! posted:

what in the world

OP took drugs before making this thread and jumping all around SA. It's understandable that their thoughts at the time were a bit scatterbrained.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

One thing I remember about this series is that the manga had a bunch of fan service scenes with nudity that aren't in the anime

The manga's plot is also nothing like the anime's and was an adaptation of the anime IIRC. It goes insane after a certain point.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Yeah, it was a cynical cash-in on a popular anime that no one paid attention to so it went off the rails.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lol

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

KAZUMAAAAAAAAAA

RYUHOOOOOOOOOOOOO

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i rewatch it every couple years and it always holds up. especially all that amazing screaming.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

Nuebot posted:

The manga's plot is also nothing like the anime's and was an adaptation of the anime IIRC. It goes insane after a certain point.

Straight Cougar's name is Cougar Straight in the manga

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
I rewatched scryed in the last year, it was mostly okay. Still a struggle to get over Hirai face.

Concurred posted:

KAZUMAAAAAAAAAA

RYUHOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You forgot HAMMMAAAARRRRRRRR!

At least at the end the two mains decide to just shut up and beat the poo poo out of each other in a no defenses brawl which was awesome.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

This anime gets my eternal respect for ending the main story 2 episodes early so we could spend the remainder focusing on what everyone REALLY wanted to see, Kazuma and Ryuho beating the crap out of each other.

Also Kazuma definitely won.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Nuebot posted:

*looks back to the anime*

Goes insane?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's basically dada.

chefscientist
Mar 23, 2007

#1 Cockeyed Ghost fan
I was a sucker and got the manga. They introduced a brother to the main character who worked for the bad guys because why the hell not?

There was also good character who's special attack was summoning a bunch guns; the special attack was called Golan Heights :(

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Supremezero posted:

*looks back to the anime*

Goes insane?

For a small sample;

The old man antagonist, Martin Zigmar or however that was spelled reveals that, actually, that was all a lie and actually he's...

And also remember that weird living alter crystal guy? That's actually his alter.

I stole these images from a wiki because I'm lazy, but poo poo gets weird. Real weird.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

That is a Jojo Stand and no one can tell me otherwise.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Lol at the first half of the thread completely ignoring the OP sounding like a manic AI trained on bootleg RPG dialogue and spam emails

Anyway Scryed ruled and it was always on right before Big-O, which also ruled. A full hour of Steve Blum-voiced main characters.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

holy hell that permaban

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Scryed is a great show so I hope this topic sticks around.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I don't see why they'd close it. The OP is nonsense but it's still a thread about an anime show.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
A great anime show :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Endorph posted:

holy hell that permaban

:eyepop:

Shadowlyger posted:

That is a Jojo Stand and no one can tell me otherwise.

It basically was just the grungy rear end star platinum from the first like chapter of Stardust Crusaders, yeah.