Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I might be one of the better examples of Wellbutrin use; I've been taking it for about 8 months now, and my libido is through the roof, like I was 18 again. Also, while slow, I'm losing weight, as the temptation to binge eat or snack is almost entirely gone.

I'm still kind of a wreck because I'm like 100% unmotivated to do what I used to do, which was compose music, but ehhh... I'll get back into it someday I'm sure. I have a paying gig coming up soon and that's fine, I just have zero desire to make music for 'fun' or for myself.

I used to be on escitalopram and I hated how it killed my sex drive. I mean, I kind of hated it from a distance, looking at the bigger picture, because when you're on it, obviously, you don't feel like having sex, so.... you're not missing it. It's just that you also know that it's weird that you don't want that. It's like not liking a food that's good for you and everyone else likes. You want to like it, but you just don't.

Anyway, I'm not a fan of SSRIs for that reason and how they just kind of make me feel blank. Takes the depression away, sure... but also takes away any joy at the same time. Instead of hills and valleys of emotion, you're on a flat, albeit safe, plain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU