Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I'm on an SNRI and on a particularly high dopamine day I'll eat en entire bag of chips, scrub the toilet to a like new sheen, mow the lawn, and get wracking frisson every time something vaguely rhymes. A+ would play cocaine roulette again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
*dutifully making a chart of neurochemicals linked in the wiki articles of the medicines and putting Os and crosses on scribbled unreadable categorical columns*
You should give that guy your Adderall OP.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
My therapist veered hard into self help so she is completely interchangable with watching PBS Kids shows. I highly recommend Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood if you need to learn important mental health lessons like "before you do something new, let's talk about what it is you're going to do" while you're on meds.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Therapy is important with depression meds for a different reason than therapy advertises itself as because you need an accurate qualitative measure of how your brain doing so you can work with a doctor or psychiatrist in case your dick not working is making things worse. Some people can naturally self interrogate, some people need practice and figure it out with an initial course of therapy, and some people need the therapist along for the ride forever.

Depressive curious people reading the thread should also learn that episodic major depressive disorder is more common than chronic and remains under diagnosed because of the stigma of mental illness. A 6-12 month course of SSRI or SNRI can knock you out of a funk for several years so your broke dick doesn't always need to be permanent.