Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i know someone who was on wellbutrin for a while and went off it because the side effects weren't worth the small amount of help it provided. also it was a constant battle with insurance getting it covered because it cost hundreds per month and they would just randomly reject it.

i think with antidepressants you just have to try a bunch and find one that helps you while also not causing too many unwanted effects, because it's different for everyone. and just hope that none of the side effects become permanent even when you stop taking it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

try ketamine op, it's actually promising and it worked better than any antidepressant for the person i mentioned above

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

MuadDib Atreides posted:

How does ketamine work for depression. Do you like take it every day? obviously that will make you feel good to take a freaking anesthesia for the win every day? I thought they like infuse you with it in an effort to break your brain during therapy and rebuild it better so you only get ketamine like a couple times then you're fixed????

it's not an every day thing. i think it was like a month or two of weekly sessions in a clinic where they give it through an IV, and then after that you can schedule them as-needed. the person i know gets it maybe 3 times per year, something like that, it's not often. (i know because i volunteer to drop them off and pick them up since they can't drive afterward)

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

MuadDib Atreides posted:

Lmao thinking that I would be booking PRETTY regularly for freaking IV anesthesia "therapy" as needed OP

all i know is that it helped someone i know personally, and the turnaround was fast and lasting (for several years now, they started the therapy before the pandemic) after over a decade of struggling with depression and a ton of different prescribed antidepressants

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

^ i think i've posted this before a couple times, but i believe that's true just because he ended one war and didn't start another, which i think means he's the best president in my lifetime