Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
We’re at an all time dopamine low here. Bupropion supposedly inhibits the reuptake of dopamine. Thinking this could be a win thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Why not adderall or dextrostat or Ritalin or something?

Im on adderall OP and it stopped doing anything. That was where the buproprion idea came from because it should inhibit reuptake of dopamine whilst adderall releases dopamine HOWEVER, reddit is saying that buproprion can actually make adderall not work at all due to CYP inhibition????? thoughts? concerns? thinking to go to the goon doctor?

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Pladdicus posted:

go to a real doctor op

have an appointment set up but wondering about if anyone on SA has experience with depression drugs. A long shot to be sure

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Im hoping the goon doctor can be of assistance

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Smugworth posted:

Try the trump thread

That's the last place I would expect to find depressed people because, in case you havn't heard the good news, T and the chuds are absolutely finished.

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

zedprime posted:

I'm on an SNRI and on a particularly high dopamine day I'll eat en entire bag of chips, scrub the toilet to a like new sheen, mow the lawn, and get wracking frisson every time something vaguely rhymes. A+ would play cocaine roulette again.

Intresting.... we talking about straterra? I always thought norepinephrine was the most fail of the catecholamins......

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

DemonDarkhorse posted:

just started buproprion pre-menstrual, so i dont feel like bursting into tears at random for the ~week before my period. normal regimen of venlafaxine+buspiron doesnt have an effect on horniness, but adding buproprion absolutely murdered my libido.

whats Buspar like I thought it was a junk med from the 60s. I have DEPRESSION, and NOT ANXIETY so i dont need any JUNK thats gonna make me feel DOWN.

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Private Cumshoe posted:

avoid if you have bouts anxiety/are prone to panic attacks

also go to a real doctor wtf

Have an appoointment OP, as mentioned.....Obviously the goon doctor cant prescribe.....

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

oh yeah weed too but i know you ain't 'bout that

Does the NHS give adderall or is it a fail land

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
How about modanafil?

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

it's called something else here, but in scotland at least all prescriptions are completely free unlike for the english who have to pay like £10 or something.

But do they like basically never give it?

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Modanafil? thoughts? opinions? in combo with adderall? experiences?

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Modanifil in compbo with adderall? win or fail?

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Wellbutrin is generic now and doesn't have a problem with insurance.... However now im speculating on Modanafil aka Provigil......

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Bad Purchase posted:

try ketamine op, it's actually promising and it worked better than any antidepressant for the person i mentioned above

How does ketamine work for depression. Do you like take it every day? obviously that will make you feel good to take a freaking anesthesia for the win every day? I thought they like infuse you with it in an effort to break your brain during therapy and rebuild it better so you only get ketamine like a couple times then you're fixed????

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Bad Purchase posted:

it's not an every day thing. i think it was like a month or two of weekly sessions in a clinic where they give it through an IV, and then after that you can schedule them as-needed. the person i know gets it maybe 3 times per year, something like that, it's not often. (i know because i volunteer to drop them off and pick them up since they can't drive afterward)

Lmao thinking that I would be booking PRETTY regularly for freaking IV anesthesia "therapy" as needed OP

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
need modanafil/provigil opinions folks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
I go to therapy. Lol if you think it is definitive with a brain this unraveled.