Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

MuadDib Atreides posted:

have an appointment set up but wondering about if anyone on SA has experience with depression drugs. A long shot to be sure

I've tried Wellbutrin, Effexor and about 4 or 5 various SSRIs. Lexapro has helped my anxiety a lil, but I'm a loving mess. I can't manage my life. Motivation is hard. Once I get past that, everything still feels like a dreadful chore(not just chores but stuff like practicing guitar and gaming, socializing with loved ones, etc). I rarely even feel good about doing it afterward because it's more like "that sucked, so if I fix my life, it'll just be full of doing these lovely things" I managed to workout consistently for a couple years. It made like maybe a 10% difference. I want to start again, but knowing it barely did poo poo, plus needing to organize and clean all my equipment is making it hard.

Doc and I think I likely have ADHD, which explains why the depression drugs haven't helped. Doc doesn't treat ADHD so I have to go through all the trouble of dealing with another doctor and hoping they aren't one of the lovely out of date doctors who will think ADHD is only for kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
My main hobby or passion or whatever is music I guess. I reckon I've impulsively spent about 10k dollars in straight up purchases or even sometimes pay over time (Affirm is a curse for a mentally ill person with decent credit), on several guitars, recording equipment ,etc. I loving love the idea of noodling around and just recording some of the riffs I come up with. A lot of people are making great sounding stuff with at home gear these days. I have all the stuff I need. I haven't written, recorded or mixed a single thing to show for it(I do have some half way songs transcribed out at least but thats it). I do get some sort of happiness out of just dicking around with my guitars I guess, but it's happiness more based on the idea of eventually doing all the cool recording and writing stuff. Which I won't do. Unless I start taking some of these adderall I've squirrelled away whenever people have given some to me. I'm going to take the adderall next weekend and record some music.

e: I would like to do therapy but it's another giant pain in the rear end. I work like 60 hours a week, so it would have to be scheduled around, then I think finding one who accepts insurance or insurance will pay for is a bitch like the last poster said. I know people say poo poo like this all the time, but I'm not 100% sold. I think therapy will help, but just only a little. I would try it tho if it can be worked out. Whenever I take my rear end to an ADHD doctor they will probably have some resources to check on

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jul 23, 2023