Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
just shoot it straight into my veins YEAHHHH!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
I've been taking anti-depressants for depression and anxiety for fifteen years. I can't remember all of the things I've tried, but the mixture I'm on right now and have generally used for the longest is Wellbutrin and Prozac. I'm functional enough in the real world but I can't really say I'm happy because everything's such a loving chore. Going off the meds and switching to other things has only made me feel worse and so I always end up back with this concoction. It's not ideal but my therapist and I can't really think of where to go next because we've tried so much in general in the last two years and still haven't found a solution.

And the libido issues suck.

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

I've tried Wellbutrin, Effexor and about 4 or 5 various SSRIs. Lexapro has helped my anxiety a lil, but I'm a loving mess. I can't manage my life. Motivation is hard. Once I get past that, everything still feels like a dreadful chore(not just chores but stuff like practicing guitar and gaming, socializing with loved ones, etc). I rarely even feel good about doing it afterward because it's more like "that sucked, so if I fix my life, it'll just be full of doing these lovely things" I managed to workout consistently for a couple years. It made like maybe a 10% difference. I want to start again, but knowing it barely did poo poo, plus needing to organize and clean all my equipment is making it hard.

This post especially feels familiar to what it's like for me. It's hard to put into words, but it's just loving tiring.