Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That sucks. Hines is a good dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Yikes
https://twitter.com/ttwentyman/status/1683480657874284544

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

fsif posted:

Every year I forget if training camp news is actually marginally interesting or if I lose interest after about 36 hours.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1683479165100589059

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Talk about poo poo luck:

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1683480142201384962?s=20

Mid-Life Crisis
Jun 13, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Eek, insurance ain’t going to be anyone’s friend here

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

He's the most underrated player in the league and deserves that plus more

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The real sticking point is going to be what he wants in guarantees that will determine if he'll be a Chief or get traded for a poo poo ton like Hill

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Codependent Poster posted:

That sucks. Hines is a good dude.
Probably the single most important play of the 2022 Bills season.
https://twitter.com/SInow/status/1612150473007706113

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/woodyjohnson4/status/1683462032119541763

These are better than their standard jerseys but still pretty underwhelming, especially relative to the other throwbacks this offseason. Someone needs to figure out the uniform situation in New York

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

xbilkis posted:

These are better than their standard jerseys but still pretty underwhelming, especially relative to the other throwbacks this offseason. Someone needs to figure out the uniform situation in New York
These are awesome and should be their permanent uniforms as soon as they're contractually allowed. Glad they didn't do New York Titans throwbacks again.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Doctor Teeth posted:

did it eve come out why the pats had matt patricia as OC instead of DC last year?

still really bizarre

I don’t know that there’s a deeper reason than Bill likes doing his football homies a solid when he can and he thought it would work. It was never going to work.

If you want you can layer on the conspiracy theory that he gets one lump sum to pay himself and his coordinators and therefore avoids naming legitimate coordinators. Which would be insane behavior by both him and Kraft on a number of levels but they are both nuts so :shrug:

And oof that sucks about Hines and CJGJ. That Lions defense can’t exactly afford to get worse

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Jul 24, 2023

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Eagles dodged a bullet there

Sucks for CJGJ, he was already on a prove it deal

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

that stinks

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Diva Cupcake posted:

These are awesome and should be their permanent uniforms as soon as they're contractually allowed. Glad they didn't do New York Titans throwbacks again.

I’m amazed that with the new helmet rule they didn’t do Super Bowl III throwbacks, but those are some sweet 80s uniforms and I love them.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Hizawk posted:

Sam LaPorta was a star in MINICAMP and looked great on day one so far.
The Lions defense doesnt cover TEs so of course he was.

That is someone elses joke but its just too good to not repeat

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

I like Nyheim and I could be wrong but this reads a lot like a cover story

E: missed that he’s out for the year, I guess there’s no reason to lie in that case

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Doctor Teeth posted:

did it eve come out why the pats had matt patricia as OC instead of DC last year?

still really bizarre

Hubris.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

This dude just has bad karma following him around.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/tompelissero/status/1683502830651359232?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

That's big news for Lions fans.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Lucky news:

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1683523272946733056

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Is it me, or do there seem to be a lot more freak stationary jet ski accidents this off season?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/ComplexSports/status/1683503603305046017?s=20

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
eh, nvm

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

this is classic whataboutism

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I am requesting from the community;
1. Camp reports for all those highly rated rookie prospect TEs
2. Camp reports on Jalin Hyatt

I believe that the notre dame te is generic and meh

Darnell Washington looks bad running routes, but can block anyone, including Cam Heyward

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Rectal Placenta posted:

Is it me, or do there seem to be a lot more freak stationary jet ski accidents this off season?

The script really jumped the shark

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Rookie Zay Flowers has been the best WR at Ravens training camp!*

Rashod Bateman and OBJ are still working their way back from injury.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

OBJ is still working back from his injury from the Rams' Super Bowl??

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

fsif posted:

OBJ is still working back from his injury from the Rams' Super Bowl??

That was my takeaway too heh, dude's still not right a year and a half later? Maybe they are just taking it VERY safe with a veteran but that gets an eyebrow raise

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Bateman is still returning from injury. OBJ is more learning the playbook and taking things slow in minicamps because he's 30-plus year old vet with a history of knee injuries. Flowers is the only one of the three that has been showing up daily, which makes sense as he's an uninjured rookie.

Supposedly the whole team has been taking things slow. Probably out of abundance of caution with 50% of their starters returning from season ending injury within the past two years. With this approach there is sure to be no set backs or new key injuries for this year's Ravens.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Rectal Placenta posted:

Jet ski injuries are non stop. If you go on youtube and search jet ski accident you'll get 1000000 videos. Because they're water motorcycles except you can rent one on vacation and all you need is a drivers license. I don't need to explain to anyone that driving a car is not like driving a boat or jet ski. People go way too fast and don't realize they're a bit clunkier to maneuver at high speeds and on top of that don't have magic brakes. Also I'm almost certain that the person who hit him was probably drunk.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Also jetskis don't have this fun thing cars or motorcyles have called "brakes."

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Also there’s a very real chance the “stationary jet ski” story is just that because otherwise the Bills will be able to void his contract.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

D-LINK posted:

Darnell Washington looks bad running routes, but can block anyone, including Cam Heyward

Dang that’s impressive. Many OL cannot accomplish that.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Pablo Bluth posted:

Probably the single most important play of the 2022 Bills season.
https://twitter.com/SInow/status/1612150473007706113

That was so good.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

e: nm supposedly bullshit

Diva Cupcake fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jul 24, 2023

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

soggybagel posted:

Jet ski injuries are non stop. If you go on youtube and search jet ski accident you'll get 1000000 videos. Because they're water motorcycles except you can rent one on vacation and all you need is a drivers license. I don't need to explain to anyone that driving a car is not like driving a boat or jet ski. People go way too fast and don't realize they're a bit clunkier to maneuver at high speeds and on top of that don't have magic brakes. Also I'm almost certain that the person who hit him was probably drunk.

Also, like Lime and Bird scooters and unlike bikes and motorcycles, there's no barrier to entry. You don't have to get experienced on them to do it. Like snowboarding and surfing and even waterskiing takes practice.

Any drunk idiot with zero experience can get on a jetski and go 50 mph instantly.

Not that they aren't loving fun as HELL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Only panthers news so far is Corbett starting the year on physically unable to perform, which was expected.

JC Horn hasn’t drank a magic tonic or been distracted rescuing furniture from a burning house….yet