Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

soggybagel posted:

Jet ski injuries are non stop. If you go on youtube and search jet ski accident you'll get 1000000 videos. Because they're water motorcycles except you can rent one on vacation and all you need is a drivers license. I don't need to explain to anyone that driving a car is not like driving a boat or jet ski. People go way too fast and don't realize they're a bit clunkier to maneuver at high speeds and on top of that don't have magic brakes. Also I'm almost certain that the person who hit him was probably drunk.

They also need throttle to turn, so when inexperienced people realize they're going toward something they instinctively let off the gas and keep going toward it while uselessly turning the steering

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1683584419104423939?s=20

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1683586388703207425?s=20

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1683587391590735874?s=20

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1683588044731961344?s=20

wandler20 fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jul 24, 2023

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Probation incoming

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Android Apocalypse posted:

Also jetskis don't have this fun thing cars or motorcyles have called "brakes."

New ones from sea doo do!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

This guy couldn't get anything going with the Packers but was a pretty decent draft prospect. He won the USFL championship and looked great doing it. Hope he does well in Buffalo.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Amy Pole Her posted:

New ones from sea doo do!

Those new sea doos are amazing. At the lake this weekend there was some kids messing around with some 90s yamahas (a couple of those stand ups and then a normal one) and then there was a few newer sea doos out there. The older ones were so much less stable and they were struggling to even keep them up while the huge rear end sea doos just cruise along like nothing.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Kalli posted:

Probation incoming

Dude should be thankful he didn't end up on a team with Richie Incognito

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Another gambling suspension:

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1683591779025666050?s=20

and a Teddy sighting!

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1683591404566589440?s=20

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kalli posted:

Probation incoming

If I didn't already avoid Boston sports radio at all costs, today would be a good day to start

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Bateman is still returning from injury. OBJ is more learning the playbook and taking things slow in minicamps because he's 30-plus year old vet with a history of knee injuries. Flowers is the only one of the three that has been showing up daily, which makes sense as he's an uninjured rookie.

Supposedly the whole team has been taking things slow. Probably out of abundance of caution with 50% of their starters returning from season ending injury within the past two years. With this approach there is sure to be no set backs or new key injuries for this year's Ravens.

quote:

"This NFL football season, veteran wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. will be playing his first snaps in well over a year as he makes his return to the league. But even though it will be a triumphant return to the field, it seems like it will be his last season, as well.

During a recent interview with Dan Pompei of The Athletic, Odell Beckham Jr. announced that he is viewing this upcoming NFL season as his last and that he is planning to retire after the season."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...99ba035e4&ei=8

seems bad

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Kinda sucks his career kinda cratered after leaving the Giants, but at least he got a ring and had a good presence in the Super Bowl despite getting injured relatively early in it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
He was on cruise control to Super Bowl MVP in that game too. gently caress, dude.

I'm really glad the Rams got that ring and Stafford and Kupp and Donald and OBJ and Miller and Whitworth and all the really cool guys on that team got to win the championship (two for Miller), but goddamn has that turned out to be a cursed-rear end ring.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

MJeff posted:

He was on cruise control to Super Bowl MVP in that game too. gently caress, dude.

I'm really glad the Rams got that ring and Stafford and Kupp and Donald and OBJ and Miller and Whitworth and all the really cool guys on that team got to win the championship (two for Miller), but goddamn has that turned out to be a cursed-rear end ring.

I think any of us from the ringless teams would make that trade in a heartbeat though.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Come on now. Jordan "John Wick" Addison.

https://twitter.com/_MLFootball/status/1683534515065503746?t=1eYDK1Z7sdcj533wKG-klg&s=19

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Kalli posted:

Probation incoming

You, a plebe: making jokes about how New England has a tendency to sign players with last names that are :gay:.

Me, an intellectual: making jokes about New England signing players named after old Soviet Union jet fighters.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

I'll still judge him.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Kalli posted:

Probation incoming

I’m not sure which was the funnier probe: Petey Faggins or Elisha Manning

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

I mean, in fairness, collisions at 140 MPH don't do any damage if you were going that fast because of a dog.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

soggybagel posted:

I'll still judge him.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

wandler20 posted:

Those new sea doos are amazing. At the lake this weekend there was some kids messing around with some 90s yamahas (a couple of those stand ups and then a normal one) and then there was a few newer sea doos out there. The older ones were so much less stable and they were struggling to even keep them up while the huge rear end sea doos just cruise along like nothing.

I was blown away when I got my 2014s. Even those have brakes! The technology is wild - last ski I had was an old 96 Yamaha like you are talking about. Night and day!

Plus these have like 3x the horsepower.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

So he was driving home at 3am to deliver medical grade veterinary services to his dog?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

See it's nothing like Ruggs, he's trying to save a dog, not kill one

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

I hit triple digits in my first car on the highway at 3am, it was a 1994 Nissan Altima and a 2000s era Pontiac Grand Am wanted to race. Things got really shaky and I never need to drive that fast again, no dogs were involved.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

I'm cry

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

fartknocker posted:

I’m not sure which was the funnier probe: Petey Faggins or Elisha Manning

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fagner_(footballer,_born_1989)

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

MJeff posted:

I mean, in fairness, collisions at 140 MPH don't do any damage if you were going that fast because of a dog.

Physics does take intent into account for this stuff

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
oh gee golly i guess he's innocent now

lmao

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It's well known that which direction altruism is pointed makes a major difference in impact.

Also have you read The Secret

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

He's got that dog with him

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
His actual apology makes no mention of a dog but this does

Even if true that doesn't excuse going nearly 100 over the speed limit c'mon

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

sweet thursday posted:

:laugh:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah I mean going that fast even if it's for your dog is not cool.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

sweet thursday posted:

:tipshat:

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Don't be violating that dog's HIPPA.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
That idiot taunting Cam is why I think the NBA should have set precedent for all athletes by letting Ron Artest off the hook.

Yes, we like to giggle about Cam doing dumb poo poo and failing to jump on a fumble, from here in our corner of the internet. It'd be crass and lovely to do the same to his face. It's also extremely dumb. He's also 6'4" and in the .0000001% of human physical achievement, and would tear you apart like a goddamned bear would a ribeye.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

If he tried to take a swing at me I would simply act like a fumbled football and watch him jump back

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Amy Pole Her posted:

I was blown away when I got my 2014s. Even those have brakes! The technology is wild - last ski I had was an old 96 Yamaha like you are talking about. Night and day!

Plus these have like 3x the horsepower.

This thread prompted me to check the Sea Doo website to see what has changed (my dad had a 1996 GTX, man I miss that thing) and the new top of the line model has 300 hp! It looks like a small boat but holy poo poo that's still a lot of power for a pwc.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

MakaVillian posted:

This thread prompted me to check the Sea Doo website to see what has changed (my dad had a 1996 GTX, man I miss that thing) and the new top of the line model has 300 hp! It looks like a small boat but holy poo poo that's still a lot of power for a pwc.

what in the goddamned gently caress

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

How fast do you have to go before the water would feel like concrete

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

sweet thursday posted:

How fast do you have to go before the water would feel like concrete

I've always heard 15-20 feet is when the ouch factor starts to become the injury factor, so maybe 25 mph?