Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I am here for the NFL trading card game

Oh Training Camp nvm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

That’s right I’m in the best posting shape of my life, bookmark this thread for more incredible posts

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

wyts ran outta steam a long time ago

Nah it’s always been hit or miss. It’s hard to consecutively crank out 32 of these and have every one be a banger, but there are always a handful of very funny ones each year. The fan letters have gotten a little tryhard though.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

sharknado slashfic posted:

Tell anyone they suck at any time for any reason

You suck :evilbuddy:

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

100%, and there’s going to be some weird hot take pearl-clutching when it happens too

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

sweet thursday posted:

Clowney would fit in with the Ravens

Yeah!

sweet thursday posted:

Because he's a fuckin clown

Hey :mad:

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Still only on phone/tablet though so no streaming it on your TV :/

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

wandler20 posted:

The NFL Network has lost over 20 million subscribers in the past decade. How can they be so bad at this?

Well I think bundling it with Redzone and Sunday Ticket is a pretty good start, but it’s still going to be hamstrung by the streaming issue that’s a product of their TV rights deals. I’m pretty sure that they can’t offer a product that will compete with the TV broadcasts. People probably aren’t going to opt to watch Redzone on a phone or tablet over what’s on CBS or FOX, so this is safe, but allowing it to stream on AppleTV or a Chromecast will run afoul of it.

I would say that they would probably work that out on the next deal but they just signed this one on 2021 so I don’t know what the hell they’re thinking

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

It's kinda cringe to win the championship, even if OBJ's contribution was cut short he still had an effect on the game, then whine and bitch about how actually he could have done so much more.

Whether or not it's true....you won the big one. There is no accomplishment higher. Shut up?

He should shut up and dribble. Er, catch, I guess

Seriously who gives a poo poo

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

That's not what I'm saying, but it's not like this conversation is gonna go anywhere good so I'll drop it.

That was probably a too-extreme reaction on my part tbh. It just felt really close to the decorum posts that the wraparounds-in-a-truck crowd make anytime an athlete dares to do anything more than say “we played a good game” and shake the ref’s hand on the way out. The game is more fun when players talk poo poo and OBJ has always been a bit of a headcase so it seems like a non-issue imo

Shinjobi posted:

It's kinda cringe to win the championship

This is why the Cowboys haven’t won one since 95 then?

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Honestly the worst part of ESPN dying is that it’s not taking all other sports media with it

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Did Michael Lewis gently caress this up or was all that poo poo invented for the movie? I know the book is a lot more about the left tackle position than Oher, but I never read it.

Lewis went to the same private school as, and was friends with, Sean Tuohy. Draw conclusions as you wish from that.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

gently caress, that sucks

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Docjowles posted:

yeah those MOTORCYCLES ARE EVERYWHERE stickers make me eyeroll. Please be constantly vigilant out of consideration for our safety, say the people driving around like they're in GTA V.

Plenty of people who drive motorcycles safely and legally get creamed because Karen in her Escalade bombs across 4 lanes of traffic to catch her exit at the last second

You should also be constantly vigilant in your car anyway, because it’s a 2-ton death machine for anything not also surrounded by 2-tons of steel

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

C-Euro posted:

Was out on a ride over the weekend with a few friends including one pretty serious triathlete, who chided me for yielding right of way to a car when I didn't need to. Buddy I only need to make one wrong assumption about right of way while biking for my life to be ruined, I'm going to play it safe as often as possible.

Yep, doesn’t matter if you had the right of way if you’re dead

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Harlock posted:

This doesn't mean anything but it makes me laugh that a UDFA safety is giving Watson so much trouble

https://twitter.com/BrandonGowton/status/1691520312460935169

Anything that makes Watson look bad should be celebrated imo

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Why would you ever read comments?

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The Bills with Josh Allen barely squeaked by the Skylar Thompson lead Dolphins. The Chargers finally made the playoffs in their third year with with their top 5ish QB and got bounced in the first round by the Jags who also managed to lose to the Giants.

Guess a player is only valuable if they can single-handedly win you a Super Bowl so the list of valuable players in the NFL are:

Patrick Mahomes

Mahomes lost that Super Bowl where he hit a dude with a dart while parallel to the ground

Everyone is a fraud, let’s just admit it. There are no good players or teams

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

a neat cape posted:

Wasn't it right after a fourth down that was clearly short but called a 1st down

Yeah

https://youtu.be/2JYx-_eXQa4

e: Vincent Smith, the guy who got popped, ended up starting an urban gardening non-profit after he failed to make a team in the NFL, so that’s kinda cool

Freaquency fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Aug 18, 2023

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

lmao

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

God he’s Peak Raider

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

smgdh

Dudes trying to be Joe Flacco without the charisma when Joe Flacco was already Joe Flacco without the charisma

https://twitter.com/koestreicher34/status/1412823276334764034?s=20

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

My only thoughts on the matter are gently caress the Cowboys.

Always and forever

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

is pepsi ok posted:

You should see how he looked in preseason so far.

I will never understand why playoff teams are fine going into the season without a viable backup. You're just straight up ceding every game your QB1 doesn't play.

“We don’t practice hosed,” etc etc

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Woozie66 posted:

I think it's on TV apps too. This is my plan for the same reason, but I haven't signed up yet to avoid paying for an extra month.

You are going to be disappointed (by more than just the Browns):

“The NFL” posted:

Yes! NFL+ will work on connected TV devices like Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, and Android TV. For a full list of supported devices click here.

You will need to download the NFL App on your connected TV. If you have already signed up for an NFL+ or NFL+ Premium subscription, you will also need to sign in with your NFL account credentials.

Please note: some features of NFL+ are limited to viewing on a phone or tablet.

Those “features limited to viewing on a phone or tablet” are games and redzone.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Woozie66 posted:

Well, time to get an HDMI adapter for my tablet I guess. Sigh.

Up your data plan too because they claim you can only watch over cellular, no WiFi allowed

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Edna Mode posted:

Wait, really? Where did you see that? How would that even work if you're watching on a computer?

Here’s the NFL+ FAQ:

So no watching on a computer anyway. A few days ago it said it also said it only supported viewing over cellular connections, but they quietly removed that bit. Archive.org shows it here, though.

I am guessing that all of this is tangled up in the TV rights deals the NFL made so it’s not going to get any better for a while.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Chaplin posted:

Where does it say RedZone is mobile data only? On the site for NFL+ Premium it says it’s “TV, PC, Phone & Tablet.” The only thing that is Phone and Tablet only is “Live Local and Primetime Regular and Postseason Games.”

Their FAQ said as such until a few days ago; there’s an archive.org link in my post on the last page. I don’t think there’s a way to know for sure now until games start getting played.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

The Falcons one is on sale for $283.

I was catching up on Bois’ Vikings history and they drop a 28-3 reference out of nowhere that completely took me out. It’s the gag that’ll never die.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Doltos posted:

I wonder if Aaron Schatz is at all concerned about the large variation of his model either from tailoring it to the numbers he wants to see or ignoring the change in tactics over the years

The numbers cannot fail, they can only be failed

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Fate Accomplice posted:

my friend is currently at a fund raiser and seated next to Sam Darnold.

anyone have any questions for him?

Point at empty space and say “AHH! Did you see that?!” over and over

e: or have your friend do it, whatever

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Docjowles posted:

Someone was asking about deals on The Athletic the other day. They're running another sale

https://twitter.com/ChadGraff/status/1696183054723584022

That’s about all it’s worth these days. They’ve cut a lot of coverage after the NYT bought them out. If they still cover your team it’s nice but I know they dumped a lot of good people over the last couple of months.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Kalli posted:

Kickers are funny because they're almost all interchangeable, but in the bad way where they're mostly random year to year. And then some get the yips and never unfuck it and nobody knows how to coach them.

So that's how you end up getting a draft pick for a 38 year old dude with a dead leg who's at least a bit reliable.

Yeah it’s great. The difference between someone being a franchise’s leading scorer or a guy whose name causes fans to see red mist is razor thin

And no I will never forgive Billy Cundiff

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Android Apocalypse posted:

The page was working fine on my iPhone until I set it down & it went to landscape mode, then it was blank scrolling until the end.

Don’t worry, it was blank in portrait too lol

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

I think the jury is probably still out on Saleh, but watching him on Hard Knocks it looks like he’s got the balance between being a hardass and being a player’s coach down. He also seems like he’s having the time of his life on the sidelines which is fun, I hate the scowly “football is serious business” schtick.

Meanwhile Gannon seems like a Peter Principle poster child that no one is going to like and yet will stick around in the league for another few decades, somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

Did you drive here?

Did you take the bus?

Do you like movies about gladiators?

https://youtu.be/9S1EzkRpelY?si=vuff-zKPXKgBX90b