Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I am requesting from the community;
1. Camp reports for all those highly rated rookie prospect TEs
2. Camp reports on Jalin Hyatt

I believe that the notre dame te is generic and meh

Darnell Washington looks bad running routes, but can block anyone, including Cam Heyward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I'm cry

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Now do Burrow

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

News: https://twitter.com/bepryor/status/1685436082647711744?s=46&t=Qgh-eLhX8Q9jyz3EuqeiXA

Views: :hellyeah:

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

George Pickens continues to be absurd
https://twitter.com/Mazursky8895/status/1686447102296047616?t=7ndne3mtmPA8bRNKzBJlrw&s=19

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I watched the Johnny Football Netflix movie last night, and this is not even close to the funniest revelation. He and his buddy 100% made up the story about him coming from Oil Money in order to explain the hundreds of thousands of dollars he was publicly spending. It was just a cover for his multi-million dollar autograph and memorabilia side gig

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Johnny Maziel is from a working class family. He, himself planted the story that he's from Oil Money as a cover explanation for his extravagant lifestyle that was actually funded from selling millions of dollars in autographs and signed jerseys, etc

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

He also low key implicates at least one famous athlete as vouching for the mob poo poo he got himself into

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Docjowles posted:

Yeah I am failing to see why “I make millions on my merchandise” needed a weird cover story. That seems…very good? Was he supposed to be giving a league a cut and doing it all under the table?

He was getting like 3 catches a game, he had the makings of being maybe a better Ted Ginn. Which is a respectable nfl career! But not enough to take PR hit on the murder guy after 5+ years away from football.

Whoever said he’ll be kicking around a spring league like current Josh Gordon was dead on imo

Sorry for the confusion. Johnny Football didn't do poo poo in the pros, but he was the only Freshman to ever win the Heisman.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

a neat cape posted:

Guess who finished 2nd in the Heisman that year who the media also didn't do a lot of research on

Well, since I just watched it Manti Te'o lol

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Edward Mass posted:

Jameis Winston won the Heisman as a freshman the next year.

The eternal Tim Tebow-ness of Heisman winning QBs

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Diva Cupcake posted:

Someone is loving lying. I mean this was Outside The Lines, generally pretty respectable with fact checking since it was an interview with his dad.

https://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/9521439/heisman-winner-johnny-manziel-celebrity-derail-texas-aggies-season-espn-magazine

Paul was his business partner in the scheme

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

sharknado slashfic posted:

Soon the Ravens will begin the defense of their Superbowl title

And lose in the AFCCG to the Steelers. Some old as Spring

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

If I lived in Europe I would totally get a rad bike. But in North America it basically seems like a ticking time bomb until you get into a serious accident if you ride regularly.

If I die, at least it will be doing something I enjoy greatly :shrug:

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Pain is weakness leaving your body

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Relentlessboredomm posted:

how long have the Ravens had terrible injury luck and does it correlate with them trying way too hard in the preseason

Marlon Humphrey is already injured

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

I like Josh Dobbs and how much he enjoys football when he really doesn't need to deal with this crap.

He's not good at football and would probably be pretty good at a whole bunch of other stuff, but I like the person and the dream.

He's literally a rocket scientist

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Is TFF ready for the Steelers to be good again?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Welp

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

a neat cape posted:

When will they be

[in extremely Raiders guy voice]: I know TFF doesn't watch football

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

MrLogan posted:

Does Pickett look a lot improved this off season? I literally don't remember seeing a single thing about the Steelers this entire offseason.

Yes. 5 possessions in pre-season games, 5 tuddies

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1694863610059632994?t=Fc6FzWLpreQoGWzZzfyzWA&s=01

D-LINK fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Aug 25, 2023

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Look like 4th to me.

TFF says this every year. Their roster, bc of QB on a rookie contract, might be the best in the division this year

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

MrLogan posted:

The Bengals also have a QB on a rookie contract, tho?

Burrow's extension is pretty much an Any Day Now thing. I think the Steelers roster improvement alone is enough to ensure they don't finish 4th.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Pontius Pilate posted:

With the bears/panthers it’s clearly accounting for trades and not the pick earned—anyone know if the steelers traded away a top five pick since 1970? Wild if not

I've been a Steelers fan since '94, and I have never seen them have a pick higher than #8 overall, and that pick was Plexico Burress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

It is a little odd even if they've always been pretty good or at least middlingly bad now and then that they haven't lucked their way into some trade where they ended up with a top 5 pick in all of those years.

They haven't done worse than 8-8 in 20 years lol