Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

fartknocker posted:

Don Coryell was long, long, long overdue for the HoF.

gently caress the Cowboys.

The poet laureate of TFF

Pats joint practicing with GB to get all the inside dirt on Rodgers :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Yeah that doesn’t seem like enough calories and protein to survive an nfl workout regimen unless his dinner is like an O lineman level food orgy.

- me, an expert in poo poo eating habits

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Manoueverable posted:

Most of the appeal of training camp news is about seeing what shakes out from the sheer attrition of all the season ending injuries in the first week. And maybe some holdout drama.

I seem to remember the Pats beat watching camp last year and saying “oh no this offense is a Butt Fumble level disaster but it’ll probably come together in the regular season *tugs collar nervously*”

It did not come together

So my camp wish is for an offense that isn’t visibly dysfunctional and hopeless to a bunch of reporters watching from the stands

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Doctor Teeth posted:

did it eve come out why the pats had matt patricia as OC instead of DC last year?

still really bizarre

I don’t know that there’s a deeper reason than Bill likes doing his football homies a solid when he can and he thought it would work. It was never going to work.

If you want you can layer on the conspiracy theory that he gets one lump sum to pay himself and his coordinators and therefore avoids naming legitimate coordinators. Which would be insane behavior by both him and Kraft on a number of levels but they are both nuts so :shrug:

And oof that sucks about Hines and CJGJ. That Lions defense can’t exactly afford to get worse

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Jul 24, 2023

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

fsif posted:

OBJ is still working back from his injury from the Rams' Super Bowl??

That was my takeaway too heh, dude's still not right a year and a half later? Maybe they are just taking it VERY safe with a veteran but that gets an eyebrow raise

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kalli posted:

Probation incoming

If I didn't already avoid Boston sports radio at all costs, today would be a good day to start

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

:drat: sweet thursday showing up to training camp in peak posting form, you absolutely love to see it

And jesus christ the Ravens are losing their LONG SNAPPER to an ACL? Whatever blood god Ray Rice Ray Lewis someone in Baltimore pissed off clearly isn't satiated yet

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

soggybagel posted:

I’m way to broke to own a boat but it feels like the worst people are driving boats and any other personal water craft. I don’t need more stress.

I know everyone says this but having a friend with a boat is the way to live life. Then when he/she inevitably complains that it's a huge money pit and BOAT stands for "bust out another thousand" you can just nod sagely as you sip your beer during a beautiful day on the water and chip in for gas.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Yeah it was good

:haibrower: If you didn't think that was funny when it came out I don't know what to tell you, try living a more joyful life

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Those white Broncos helmets whip rear end

Gatts posted:

Don’t the Jets have Breece Hall? Did he get hurt? I assume Dalvin isn’t…Cooked lol

They do and he's great, but he's coming off a torn ACL and last I heard is missing camp on the PUP list. So at best he probably won't be at 100% to open the season and at worst starts out on IR. Adding a respectable vet isn't a terrible idea.

The Pats rumor seems more pointless since they have like a million RBs on the roster behind Rhamondre, surely one of them doesn't suck (???) They do have cap space to spare though.

Woof imagine getting dunked on by Sam Darnold and the literal last draft pick lol

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

kiimo posted:

If only Julius Thomas still played for the Broncos.

Orange Julius would be a good nickname

Not sure if serious but that absolutely was his nickname when he was on the Broncos :v:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Hill is such a petty weirdo about his time in KC

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Sweet we’d been looking to shake up where we host our fantasy draft. Just need to figure out the logistics of an, uh *calculator noises*, 800 team league…

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

Cruises are great vacations, I wish I could take more of them.

I used to work with a couple who would go on a Metal themed cruise every year and it was the highlight of their life (they were VERY into metal). They made the kind of friends they invited to their wedding. Seems like if you get on the right one for your vibe it can be pretty dope.

TFF theme cruise when. Dock in Veracruz and spend a day going to the Mexico City game. fartknocker gives a presentation on some pre 1980 topic every day in the window where we’re drunk enough to heckle but sober enough to learn something. We all try to dodge getting swirlies from Doltos. Berths are grouped by division fandom.

*wakes up* well that was a hosed up dream

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Jean-Paul Shartre posted:

*Cruise gets attacked by literal pirates*
*Mcmagic complains about bias against the raiders*

Um excuse me MrLogan is the raiders conspiracy theorist. mcmagic is the Jets poster known for masturbating at work and eating daily CSPAM probes. Common misconception

Edit: also fullbacks own. The Pats were one of the last bastions and I’m mad they let the German dude go to the raiders :colbert: Oh no he didn’t fit in Patricia’s rocket scientist huge brain offense??? Bring a big boy back to block for Rhamondre, lord knows we aren’t going anywhere with these receivers

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Jul 27, 2023

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kalli's proposal of combining RB / WR / TE into the same tag number seems good, imo. Nobody tags RBs in that scenario, and they get a shot at at least one post-rookie contract before they're chewed up and spit out

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Shinjobi posted:

Eagles nearly lost to Cooper Rush, that really can't be overstated.

They're frauds

The Bengals DID lose to Rush, as did (less impressively) the Giants, Commanders, and Rams. I have no explanation for this except NFCE Bullshit. If anything you could spin this as an indictment of Dak, that he went down and they didn't miss a beat.

The Eagles probably ran a little hot last year, and they indisputably had one of the easiest schedules I've ever seen. They still seem like WAY less of a mirage than the Giants. They have legit stars all over the field on offense and defense. Losing both coordinators is a potential issue although I think Eagles fans would tell you "losing" Gannon is addition by subtraction.

Shinjobi posted:

Yall never stood a chance against Mahomes.

This is a weird take on a game the Eagles very nearly won if any single one of a bunch of things went their way (in before "yeah but they didn't")

Metapod posted:

People hate him but he's right. Titans are a 14 win nfc team easy

Don't they like not have an offensive line? Seems bad (I wrote this before I noticed Kalli's chart, lol. A ONE at RG).

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Whew that's good news. Fun and cool and good players missing major time sucks

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

No Butt Stuff posted:

Not true. If it’s Jason LaCanfora, I know I can ignore it.

It’s honestly impressive that Canfora has built a successful career on being widely known as that guy who is ALWAYS wrong. Like how did this dude build enough clout to become a household name to people who follow sports

Edit: you guys realize that Giants dude is a parody account right

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jul 28, 2023

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

His bit is pretty great, the posts are just a shade more ridiculous than reality but still believable

https://twitter.com/WesSteinberg/status/1640785876337696804?s=20

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

#MAPTPWPS&LTC

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

sharknado slashfic posted:

The Ravens throwbacks are just their jerseys

The Winnie the Pooh school of fashion

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I have mixed feelings on Sony. On the one hand, he was instrumental to the Pats winning their last super bowl, which is the whole goal. Dude went loving HAM in the playoffs including scoring the only TD in that dogshit Pats/Rams SB. On the other hand, I have to imagine they could have found similar production elsewhere. Being Brady's RB tends to make guys look good. And it's brutal looking at that 2018 draft and seeing Chubb right there. (Also Lamar but outside of my fantasies that wasn't gonna happen with Brady still playing at a high level).

I'll go with being happy about the Lombardi. Hope his knee issues don't keep him from enjoying retirement.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

kiimo posted:

Kadarius Toney's meniscus surgery went well and it seems he'll be back on IR in just a few weeks.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I cannot wait for the defense to pick Rodgers over and over and for Javonte to run amok and just demolish the Jets defense.

Wilson? Who's that??

I thought it was funny that their alternate uniform reveal was all defensive players. The Wilson hype flipped from positive to negative so drat fast lol

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

In case anyone else didn’t realize, it’s an aggregate ranking from a survey of “50 NFL coaches and execs”. Wilson and especially Watson sure seem to be getting a huge pass for last season. Tua feels too low. Agree about Lamar and Hurts as well.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Yeah it brings me no pleasure to day this but I think both Wilson and Hall are budding stars. I mean Wilson won OROY with probably the worst QB play in the last 5 years. Breece needs to actually show it for a full season but he was looking electric before getting hurt.

Watson and Jones are good too. But if I was making my own tier thing Wilson at least would be a tier above.

“Most TD scored over a 4-game span for a rookie WR in NFL history” is real but also such a cherry picked stat just to set up the bit that he’s Randy Moss 2 (nobody is Randy Moss)

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Jul 31, 2023

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Dexo posted:

Prooobably, if only for an audition for another team.

Isn't he supposed to be back around like week 5 or 6?

I don't think there's anything concrete out there. He got hurt very late in the year. You can certainly argue that they SHOULDN'T play him and tank for Caleb Williams, maybe roll him out there the last couple weeks with the #1 pick locked up to audition for a trade. But that also assumes 1) you can move him and his huge rear end contract, and 2) that a team will willingly and completely tank. The coaches and players just want to win games, see the Texans last year lmbo.

Dexo posted:

The Bucs are a pretty decent situation. But their quarterbacks are rear end.

shirts and skins posted:

The Geno blurb was basically, "this is one of the biggest year to year jumps we've measured; he needs to do it for more than one year to be tier 2." Which I think is fair.

The hopium case for the Bucs is that they hired "the QB coach who fixed Geno" as their OC. The reality case is that if the dude can consistently turn scrap heap vets into top 10 performers he is a magical unicorn who teams should be paying the $30 mil a year they're saving on quarterbacks

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

3 DONG HORSE posted:

If you say "Let's Ride" three times in a mirror, Russell Wilson appears behind you with a dangerous Subway sandwich.

I don't know if this is true because I'm too scared to go past two times...

I tried this and it didn’t work but my bath tub is filled with Horsey Sauce :confused:

Codependent Poster posted:

Who is the next QB in line to be the corniest with a bland, corporate persona?

Guys these days have someone managing their brand/image to some degree. So we may get fewer absolute weirdos (at both the Rodgers and Wilson extremes) which is a drat shame

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Aug 1, 2023

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Lifespan posted:

I'm really excited to see what Russ does this season. He was great in Seattle and loving awful in his one season in Denver, so either we will learn that he needs a very specific system, needs to not be a part of another specific system, or totally lost it.

Payton fixing Russ, or deciding he is broken beyond repair and shooting him in the head, or being unable to do either because he is a massive fraud propped up by Brees is definitely one of the biggest national storylines. We will all have a front row seat.

Denver doesn't have half their games in primetime this year thank god, but they still have 4 vs Chiefs, Bills, Vikings, Patriots. Tbh their schedule is full of games that look awesome on paper. And then like the Commanders and Texans I guess. If they can't win one of those, maybe they are in the Caleb sweepstakes and Russ starts trying to compete with Peyton Manning for the Denver fast food franchise title.

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Aug 1, 2023

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

a neat cape posted:

I don't think Denver is anywhere near the Caleb sweepstakes, even if Russ is broken

I may have been reaching for a terrible Peyton/Payton fast food post.

Was just saying their schedule looks tough and if they can't even win the cupcake matchups, yikes. Everyone assumes Payton, Russ, or both will figure it out. But what if they don't? What if Evero was more crucial to the defense than anyone realized?

The Broncos' floor is still some circle of hell.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Catching up on Robert Mays' podcast and I thought the extremely premature lookahead at coaching candidates was funny. Mostly in that they spent the whole thing talking about how X's and O's don't make a coach, what really matters is the friends you made along the way. Also The Athletic: puts out a 5 part documentary on how all the best young coaches, headlined by Kyle Shanahan, are total loving sociopaths who spend 22 hours a day thinking about Xs and Os. And the other 2 thinking about how to crush everyone else under their boot including coworkers and family in pursuit of their own greatness.

I think he also said he could see 10 coaching openings next year which seems... insane? There's never that many, and just looking around the league most of the bad teams already have new coaches. Unless he''s expecting a bunch of dudes like Belichick and Carroll and Tomlin and McVay to all retire I have no idea how you get to more than ~5

Anyway I was mostly just lollin at the cognitive dissonance of "relationships are what matter" and also "Jourdan Rodrigue thought Kyle Shanahan might murder her in his office". We can save lollin at bad coaches for Benne's thread in a couple months

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

Bois's Vikings thing drops tonight at 9 Eastern. Or at least the first part of it. I am sure there are many more parts involved.

oh poo poo, thanks for the reminder :f5:

Kalli posted:

Let's see....

I was considering Campbell, Eberflus, Smith, and McDaniels as part of a rebuilding process and probably safe unless they look like Hackett level hopeless. Same for the first year guys. Gannon was handed a roster that's been stripped for parts, as long as he isn't tripping over his own dick (which uh seems possible based on that pew pew lasers video) he's probably got some leash. Vrabel seems entrenched.

I did flat out forget about Rivera (easy to do), who is just keeping the seat warm til the new owners figure out what they want to do.

There's often one "holy poo poo" firing too. Maybe it's Fat Mike's year! Balanced by several "are you loving kidding me they kept that idiot" outcomes. So yeah you can come to a list of 10 guys but I think at least half of them are pretty unlikely.

PostNouveau posted:

Downtown stadiums rule. Everyone can get to them just like driving to work, there is poo poo to do outside of the stadium, public transit goes right there.

Agreed. Love city stadiums. Miss me with the hours of traffic and $50 parking in some rando suburb

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

So JTs agent texted Rapsheet that his client is in high demand, maybe the biggest demand ever, many people are saying it. Got it.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Incitatus posted:

im still legit confused how the top conjecture for team wants new stadium = racist reasons

White flight and putting poo poo out in the suburbs to limit access by people of color and/or lower income from the city has been a thing for hundreds of years in America. When the first highway from NYC out to the Long Island beaches was built, the architect deliberately designed the bridges too low for city busses to pass so only people who owned cars could get there. Less hilariously overt versions of this happen all the time. It's not an insane take.

That said I know NOTHING about the Chicago stadium situation or whether there's anything going on with it besides "welp this is where there's space to build a big rear end stadium"

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

kiimo posted:

I really wanted the Pats to draft him and be DeSean Jackson II but also Kayshon Boutte looks drat ok nevermind I can't do this bit it's too embarrassing

kiimo posted:

^^^ didn't he have surgery like, YESTERDAY? On his deviated septum?

God drat. My buddy had this surgery and could do nothing for several days but sit around on the couch out of his mind on pain killers.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

The Jon Bois Vikings thing is good so far. Episode one wasn’t super funny (although there are a few wild rear end stories) but it was very interesting. I don’t know much about this era of football in general or the Vikings in particular so it’s all new to me. He’s done a good job setting the stage for how improbable it is that they’ve never won a Super Bowl.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Cat Hassler posted:

Did they do Jim Marshall’s fumble recovery touchdown safety yet?

I was a Vikings fan before the Seahawks were a franchise so by age 11 I’d experienced quite a bit of heartbreak following a team

Episode 1 runs from the founding of the team through their first Super Bowl appearance

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

3 DONG HORSE posted:

You're a moron lol

Maybe your point would make sense if the NFL didn't actually encourage gambling??

Sorry man but "my client only did that crime to hide all his OTHER crimes" is a bad take unless you're a former president of the united states :chaostrump:

I think the NFL's gambling policies suck and something probably has to give with the tension between the league making billions off gambling while also having a zero tolerance policy toward gambling. But betting on your own team's games, and then hiding your identity because you know it's wrong and going to get your rear end in trouble is such a third rail issue, dude cannot be loving doing that.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

The NFL also encourages drinking but Kirk Cousins isn't showing up to games sloshed out of his gourd

I would like to see it happen tho

Also the NFL's history is absolutely FILLED with insane stories of alcohol abuse lol. https://www.si.com/nfl/2015/12/28/max-mcgee-green-bay-packers-super-bowl-i

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Aug 2, 2023

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Who the gently caress is Devine Ozigbo

UDFA with 14 career rushing attempts across 4 seasons

lol what are you doing Ballard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Toaster Beef posted:

piersed it obv