Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
New thread means that I don't have to scroll through 1500+ unread posts in the last one, feels good man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

You can't convince me that the Lions will have a fighting chance in this game, so stop trying.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Wearing a Kelly Green shirt rn, owns

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Big "Aaron Rodgers cannot fail, he can only be failed" vibes coming off of that placement. Maybe reuniting him with Hackett will be a positive change but I'll believe it when I see it.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Everything about the Blind Side movie is embarrassing, looking back at it now.

Yeah, but I also love any movie where a well-known person plays themselves in said movie with the scene of all of the SEC coaches visiting their house. See also; anytime an ESPN talking head shows up in the Creed films.

Anyway I hope Oher gets as much money out of those creeps as he can.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

SKULL.GIF posted:

The average weight of a bike is something like 1/10 to 1/15 the weight of your typical SUV or micro-bed "truck". The forces at play are wildly disproportionate in favor of the moving metal cage.

Hot Diggity! posted:

This but you notice it even more when cycling

Was out on a ride over the weekend with a few friends including one pretty serious triathlete, who chided me for yielding right of way to a car when I didn't need to. Buddy I only need to make one wrong assumption about right of way while biking for my life to be ruined, I'm going to play it safe as often as possible.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Hot Diggity! posted:

Being predictable is good so generally if you have the right of way taking it is preferable, but obviously can't speak to the specific situation. Don't see the point in chiding anyone for passing it off imo.

Fair, I don't ride that often so the etiquette is lost on me.

Hot Diggity! posted:

Anyhow football stuff:

https://twitter.com/mchappell51/status/1691479471549747201

I completely forgot about Scott Tolzien until now. Him putting Kendricks(?) in a spin cycle one season as GB's backup was hilarious.

I don't know how many QBs the Colts trotted out in each of those seasons, but now I'm picturing a Colts version of that one Browns jersey where the list of QB names stretches beyond the bottom edge of the jersey.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Late to bad QB chat, but Hackenberg is the worst QB I have seen live. And in a preseason game no less!

Freaquency posted:

Yeah

https://youtu.be/2JYx-_eXQa4

e: Vincent Smith, the guy who got popped, ended up starting an urban gardening non-profit after he failed to make a team in the NFL, so that’s kinda cool

I could have made that tackle if I had been blocked the same way Clowney was.

Why no I'm not still bitter about that play.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Aug 19, 2023

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

a neat cape posted:

Lions are the huge dark horse team of 2023 imo

Everyone is going to abandon the Lions as a trendy pick as soon as they fail to beat the defending champions on their own turf in week 1, and as certain as I am that they will lose to the Chiefs I'm not prepared for the psychic damage I'm going to receive when the entire NFL media machine is going "lol SOL"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I'm just not ready to say that the Lions will win a division that they've literally never won. But it's also hilariously up for grabs this year so ???????????????