Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
If there's one thing we can all agree on, the stupid Ravens undefeated preseason streak needs to end this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I don't understand why a team wouldn't immediately dump a backup UDFA offensive lineman who only played in 1 game and even then he was just a special teamer. It feels like you could just sign anyone off the street to replace him.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Imagine in 2020 after the Stafford trade telling someone that between Wentz and Goff, one would be out of the league by 2023 and one would be on the cusp of leading the Lions to a resurgence.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

quote:

"I'm always going to be loud, always going to be vocal, always going to demand from my leaders," Bieniemy said, adding he knows what would happen if he altered his belief.

"If I ain't doing my job, my rear end gets fired. It's my job and my responsibility to make sure I'm getting our guys to do what I'm expecting them to do."

I usually dislike hardass coaches who are trying too hard, but yea he probably has this one chance to do anything with the DC Offense that is playing a 2nd years 5th Round pick at QB who hasn't shown anything yet. He's pretty much in a no win situation.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

a neat cape posted:

The rape and assault allegations maybe?

The NFL is more then willing to turn the other way with just about everyone else.

Watch KC continue to dominate on Offense and suddenly everyone will be putting out puff pieces about Matt Nagy's redemption. He'll be the hot coaching hire for the 24 season.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Relentlessboredomm posted:

If Hackett can get a HC job off of coaching a HoF Qb then there's zero legitimate reason Bienemy can't get one.

And Hackett wasn't calling the plays in GB, which is another reason people claimed Bienemy shouldn't be getting a head coaching job.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
If he gets out in 3 years from right now, it would be August of 2026. His last NFL game was October of 21. There's no way, just based on that. Maybe a spring league gives him a chance? But I don't think they have the level of PR that the NFL does to ignore what he did.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

wandler20 posted:

The NFL Network has lost over 20 million subscribers in the past decade. How can they be so bad at this?

My GF loved falling asleep and waking up with the NFL Network on. She wasn't actually watching or listening to it, but it helped her sleep. I finally started complaining about it because I couldn't stand the hot takes anymore. I don't know how they are as bad as they are. It's the same news being regurgitated by different people all day, and no one ever has a new talking point.

Like they have the whole NFL library to fall back on, they could easily spend 4-6 hours a day replaying old games, breaking down film from games in interesting ways, just about anything BUT what they are doing would be 100% better.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Speaking of just watching old sporting events, since I lived in NYC as a kid, I got the Classic Sports Network before it was bought by ESPN and it was the best. Most of the day they just rebroadcast random old events that they owned the rights to. A lot of it was boxing, but sometimes you'd would get old stuff from random sports. They played a random Home Run Derby from the 50s and they interviewed one of the guys and I remember thinking "What team is the Washington Nationals?". Even better though, for Prime Time they would usually air a classic game/event for an hour, and then spend a half hour or an hour interviewing guys from then about it. It was absolutely perfect.

Then ESPN bought it and within 3-6 months they were using it as a dumping ground for live events that got bumped off of ESPN or ESPN2. Plus they stopped showing a lot of the older stuff from the 50s/60s/70s for stuff that they already had the rights to.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Gase definitely ruined Darnold. There was a story that halfway through the first season with Gase, Darnold had to go to his office and be like "Hey, here's the plays that are working for me, and here's what's not". You would think that would have been a discussion earlier in the season or during the pre-season considering that Gase was the De Facto OC.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

The Puppy Bowl posted:

24 straight wins. John Harbaugh is the immortal god emperor of the Pre-season.

I hate that stupid streak with a passion, and I was hoping the Ravens threw another Pick 6 cause I knew there was no way that Book was leading the Eagles to the endzone

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Finally we are free from the most annoying, useless, pointless streak in football.

Edit: LOL I had no idea Jake Fromm was even still in the league

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

fartknocker posted:

Mahomes won the Super Bowl the first time he was on the cover.

The last time the Madden curse was truly a thing was probably 15+ years ago… and Madden hasn’t been good in 15+ years… :thunk:

Madden died the last time they put him on the cover

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Acebuckeye13 posted:

depends on if they're from North Jersey or South Jersey

Don't forget about the Pine Barrens, Jersey's own piece of Arkansas

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

kiimo posted:

I have this ever so slight twitch in my eye and it's the almost subconscious GOD I hope Matt Nagy isn't actually dogshit at being OC and Reid / Mahomes overcomes all that

I 100% believe that Nagy is going to get a job as an HC next season. Some owner is going to convince themselves that Nagy looked good going 34-31 over 4 seasons with 2 playoff appearances despite the QB situation.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Let's be honest, Colt was going to die behind that line. Did they even play him in the preseason with him being the presumptive week 1 starter?

This roster might be worse then the Texans first season with Watson staying home. At least Tyrod Taylor had been a starter before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Cavauro posted:

try eating a big kangaroo steak. or small. i wonder if anyone will sign joe flacco after a qb gets hurt this year.

It would be funny if someone signed broken old Joe Flacco before they signed Wentz.