Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

a neat cape posted:

EXAGGERATING injuries

Don't they already play through a shitload of injuries anyway? Just stop doing that. No need to "exaggerate".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

This guy couldn't get anything going with the Packers but was a pretty decent draft prospect. He won the USFL championship and looked great doing it. Hope he does well in Buffalo.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

RASHIBA WALLACE posted:

This raises the question, does a player get to choose what team he’s enshrined into the HOF on, or is that up to the Hall?

As far as I know they're enshrined as a player and not specifically affiliated with any particular team beyond recording which teams they played for.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Doltos posted:

The rookie wage scale was the worst thing to happen in NFL player history. [...] The NFLPA is an utter joke of a union.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Nature is healing

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

euphronius posted:

The X doesn’t display fully, what does it say ?

Packers cut a bubble player on his birthday.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Koirhor posted:

AAron getting saucy

?? post the news not just the views

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

BlindSite posted:

Yeah somehow I think the PA would come down on that like the fist of an angry God if he wasn't injured.

Has the PA ever done that before?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Kalli posted:

Mike Sando's QB Tiers article is up: https://archive.ph/tFwYF

I love how every QB is shown in uniform wearing a helmet, but this is Jimmy G's mugshot:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

abelwingnut posted:

is rodgers even a top 15 qb now?

Come on man.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

C-Euro posted:

Big "Aaron Rodgers cannot fail, he can only be failed" vibes coming off of that placement. Maybe reuniting him with Hackett will be a positive change but I'll believe it when I see it.

He's one season removed from back-to-back MVPs. He was playing with a broken thumb and visibly displeased with the Packers organization in 2022. Father Time might strike him down any moment now, of course, but I won't write him off until I actually see it happening.

That said I think going to the Jets is largely a lateral move for him offense-wise. I don't see that Garrett Wilson and Breece Hall are meaningfully better than Christian Watson and Aaron Jones, and the Jets offensive line is significantly worse than the Packers OL. Rodgers's success this season is gonna be really reliant on Saleh's defense holding up their end of the bargain.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

kiimo posted:

My only issue with this post is you not seeing the difference between Garrett Wilson and Christian Watson

what

Wilson got a lot more volume but produced yards at a similar rate as Watson. Once Watson got over his early-season drops he put together a nearly all-time stretch of games in November. Tied Moss's rookie record.

They're different players with different strengths but I don't think Wilson is a clear tier above Watson is what I meant.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Love is coming into a really healthy situation for a fresh QB. Green Bay has a top 5 offensive line, one of the best RBs in the league and a solid backup, and has been investing heavily in WR and TE. LaFleur might be a pussy but he's a good offensive coach. The expectations and pressure are also fairly low right now, no one's expecting the Packers to get a third consecutive Hall of Fame quarterback -- half the fanbase expects him to suck out loud and are just waiting to see it happen.

Compare that to the Bucs, Patriots, Commanders, Texans, Colts...

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

It seems like most teams oscillate between hardasses and player-friendly coaches to try to correct for the previous coach's failings.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Did Gannon get rid of the pingpong table? The Xbox in the break room?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Does anyone else remember that cubicle Kirk Cousins was proudly showing off on one of these shows? It barely had enough room to turn around and Cousins was talking about how he memorized the entire offensive playbook while sitting in there.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Silly Burrito posted:

the guy who puts mayo in coffee

Levis got angry and snarly that he wasn't drafted in the first and flew home to sulk. He might end up a smiler but he's not a Russell Wilson.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Docjowles posted:

I think he also said he could see 10 coaching openings next year which seems... insane? There's never that many, and just looking around the league most of the bad teams already have new coaches. Unless he''s expecting a bunch of dudes like Belichick and Carroll and Tomlin and McVay to all retire I have no idea how you get to more than ~5

Didn't we have 8 openings a couple years back?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/snyjets/status/1686067145594085376

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

kiimo posted:

PRISON??

Looks like it's not because of the gambling, but because of fraud/tampering related to the gambling:

quote:

The charge of tampering with records stems from Uwazurike’s alleged efforts to conceal his identity and deceive authorities by falsifying personal electronic sports wagering records.

The period covered by the complaint spans from February 7, 2021, to July 10, 2022, during which the accused player reportedly participated in the illicit gambling activities.

Tampering with records is classified as an aggravated misdemeanor in the state of Iowa, carrying a maximum punishment of up to two years in prison.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Dexo posted:

Yeah lol alcoholism is a huge issue in the NFL.

Dudes self medicate pain with it. And players extremely have shown up lit to practices and games.

Who was that RB that was taking swigs of Grey Goose during practice? Clarett?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1687276606446866432

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

DeimosRising posted:

Is Lewis a ready good blocker or locker room guy or something? He had maybe one really good receiving year in his whole career and has just kind existed putting up replacement numbers otherwise, but I can’t claim to have watched him a ton

Along with his blocking, he's an exceptional locker room leader, yeah. Very very well-respected by virtually everyone he plays with.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

wandler20 posted:

They have a great lineup of options:

These look like they could easily be Falcons uniforms.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

It's a shame Teddy didn't get as much attention as Alex Smith did for a miraculous recovery from a horrific injury. From what I've read about what happened to him, his leg was hanging on by like 2 arteries or something.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/JoePompliano/status/1689079266355400705

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Codependent Poster posted:

He's Johnny Football not Johnny iPad

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

D-LINK posted:

Johnny Maziel is from a working class family. He, himself planted the story that he's from Oil Money as a cover explanation for his extravagant lifestyle that was actually funded from selling millions of dollars in autographs and signed jerseys, etc

Magnificent. Sublime.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

kiimo posted:

It just seems so...easy to check up on

Like, the oil money thing was in all his draft writeups as potentially a bad thing that he may be an entitled prick. How can nobody have done any even moderate research on that

He went to A&M. It wasn't a crazy stretch that a nutbar Texan with loads of money came from oil. Still amazing.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I read the book but didn't see the movie. I'm fairly unsurprised by this development. That whole situation seemed really strange.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The average weight of a bike is something like 1/10 to 1/15 the weight of your typical SUV or micro-bed "truck". The forces at play are wildly disproportionate in favor of the moving metal cage.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I feel like the terms "franchise WR" and "one of the best WRs in the league" are getting muddled together here and it's leading to some confusion.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

"Franchise" means you have a guy good enough that you don't need to worry about the position anymore unless you come across a diamond of a prospect/free agent/tradeable player. He's a building block of the franchise and will get a second and probably third contract from the team.

"Elite" means among the best in the league.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The question we must ask ourselves: Was Joe Flacco a franchise QB?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Pontius Pilate posted:

Forgot Warner spent a year as a giant before heading off to the cardinals. Must have been a depressing year for Faulk, Bruce, and Holt

holt should be in the hall

Weren't these the Marc Bulger years? He was decent for a couple years before the concussions did him in, I thought.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I see a pretty bad block in the back on that play, but Bijan goes for the TD if #12 engages his man instead of hesitating.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

pmchem posted:

other than this thread, what's everyone's favorite way to get a no-bullshit news roundup on the last 24 hours of the NFL? preferably something that's phone friendly and not infested with ads everywhere. text based.

so no autoplay videos, no "opinion" pieces, no previews of upcoming things, etc. just like -- actual news and important happenings of the last day?

every site or app is so optimized for ads or engagement these days that I can't find a goddamn vanilla news site anymore

/r/nfl is honestly pretty decent, you can scroll through the first couple front pages and you'll be more or less caught up on any major news. (The comments are almost never worth reading.) I also have a subscription to The Athletic, which also sends out daily news-roundup emails.

That subscription expires soon, I'm not sure if I'll renew or not since I've noticed the coverage kinda declining in quality after the NYT acquired it. I was able to renew for like 12 bucks after that happened last fall, but I don't think they're offering it that cheap again.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The camera wiggles around after the staffer leaves the view, but if you look at the Panthers logo directly behind the staffer, Bryce looks only about 1-2 inches taller than the staffer. Woof.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Grittybeard posted:

Won't inline it in case you don't want to see it but it's just bad luck. But the man does not move at all once he's on the ground.

Fwiw he was showing motion after he got put on the stretcher. Still very bad, but not Hamlin level bad I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Manoueverable posted:

Yeah this has become really, really grating because it's usually coupled with local news commercials about the homeless, which makes watching games in public nearly impossible without overhearing a godawful conversation in the wake of the ads.

Seattle sounds like a nice place :)