Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Very cool. As someone who grew up watching the original houston oilers nostalgia is hitting huge!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Android Apocalypse posted:

Also jetskis don't have this fun thing cars or motorcyles have called "brakes."

New ones from sea doo do!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

wandler20 posted:

Those new sea doos are amazing. At the lake this weekend there was some kids messing around with some 90s yamahas (a couple of those stand ups and then a normal one) and then there was a few newer sea doos out there. The older ones were so much less stable and they were struggling to even keep them up while the huge rear end sea doos just cruise along like nothing.

I was blown away when I got my 2014s. Even those have brakes! The technology is wild - last ski I had was an old 96 Yamaha like you are talking about. Night and day!

Plus these have like 3x the horsepower.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah I’d hate to fall off. Average seems to range 55 to like 65 but I know the 300 models are modded to hit 80+ and that speeds way beyond what it takes to hurt you.

Edit the talk about speeds and water reminds me of the fake tiktok trend they claimed to kill several people

https://www.euronews.com/2023/07/19/this-boat-jumping-tiktok-challenge-went-viral-turns-out-it-was-a-hoax

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Jul 25, 2023

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

soggybagel posted:

I’m way to broke to own a boat but it feels like the worst people are driving boats and any other personal water craft. I don’t need more stress.

Jet ski people and pontoon boat people are the bottom tier

Good for Barkley. Or the Giants? Seems like the tend for RBs is making itself more apparent - current top RB contacts https://overthecap.com/position

Edit 2 in other news - Detroit’s kicking tires on Bridgewater https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1683593134163517440?s=20

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Jul 25, 2023

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Dalvin Cook will be lucky to get the vet min, let alone 6 mil

He already has offers from NE, MIA and NYJ that are above vet minimum

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Gatts posted:

Don’t the Jets have Breece Hall? Did he get hurt? I assume Dalvin isn’t…Cooked lol

Well now Im not sure because the same exact report that said Miami, New England and the Jets all gave him offers in the 5/mm a year range... has been debunked

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2023/07/25/dalvin-cook-denies-dolphins-offered-contract/

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Confirmed Maholmes wants 65 a year now

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Why the heck was Miami trying to trade for Saquan

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Had to quickly check and wow you're not kidding. Is he a next level tier blocker as well?

That just seems like a lot. Every RB must see this and weep.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
https://www.yachtcharterfleet.com/luxury-charter-yacht-24343/phoenix-2.htm

Holy poo poo

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
At least that other team from jersey has a qb that understands SACRIFICE

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Diva Cupcake posted:

Miami might, honestly. They don’t give a poo poo about draft picks or money and McDaniel just saw his mentor spend the same on CMC.

Haven’t been paying attention to Miami of you genuinely think Miami doesn’t give a poo poo about money

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Forrest on Fire posted:

Same way James Corden and Ricky Gervais did, through the Overton Window

Okay okay let’s rip on them all and well but Ricky deserves way more respect than loving James Corden

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Forrest on Fire posted:

No he doesn't hope that helps

Yeah but to be honest not sure i can trust the opinion of someone who still champions “hope that helps” 🤷‍♂️ but different strokes I suppose

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Gotta wonder how much of that is guaranteed. Lower AAV compared to the current deal so assuming a hefty chunk is.

He’s truly outlasted Jordan Cameron and thus absorbs his powers. That alone makes it a Good move Nola

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Maed posted:

Gervais is a terf who abuses his employees, he's just as bad

Oh drat wasn’t even thinking politics until i just looked em up and welp i stand corrected

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Oh no now he’s moved on to it being a media narrative!

Dan Patrick roasted him

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Pontius Pilate posted:

The post you quoted literally has the Overton Window in it and you weren’t thinking politics?

Not really sure how Overton window relates to lovely personal politics of a guy who wrote several funny comedies. Brushed it aside as a nerdy joke reference tbh

I don’t care enough beyond this ^

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Pontius Pilate posted:

This was the post they were responding to when they said they didn’t realize it was about the brits’ politics, but the whole joke is based on the Overton window so it’s pretty explicitly about politics. Maybe the Overton window is more obscure than I thought? My parenthetical comments were just to contrast Forrest on Fire’s good joke as opposed to my stupid Overton window frame pun

Anyways, apologies, it’s been a day; back to our regularly scheduled football chat

Imo you should jump out of the Overton window

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Aug 5, 2023

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Aaron watching this clip on repeat in the dark

https://twitter.com/CBSSportsNet/status/1687591893402558464?s=20

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Beat writers are saying the UDFA from San Diego State is playing out of his mind for a rookie let alone an undrafted one. Yay Ross.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Zach Thomas had a great canton speech and his honoring Junior Seau was very nice

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1687864889749221376?s=20

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

a neat cape posted:

Alama Uluave?

If it's him, I'm really happy to see it. He was the rock of our offensive line from 2020-2022 and the line looked so much better when he was in. He was a first team MWC selection last year and worked his way up from being on special teams. Love that he's playing well and hope he makes a roster.

That’s him! He’s playing 3rd string center but he’s earned a few 2nd team reps so far. I think he’s carving a roster spot for sure. If I remember you were talking about him in the draft (or immediately after) so I just wanted to update!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Ruggs pulled mcmagic as his judge? Or what happened folks are discussing him playing again?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
OBJ still trying to suck up to Rodgers eh?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Kalli posted:

It wasn't really a producer. The movie was crowdfunded, and one of the thousands of them was arrested for child trafficking last week. She backed the movie at a level where her names were in the credits.

I mean, technically... she was a producer. But still, thats absolutely wild and just so staggeringly gross.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Kalli posted:

Yeah, to be fair in the other direction, I think that level of funding was well over $500 to get your name in the credits, so yeah, blast away.

The irony is just too good so I’ve gotta use this as headcanon.

You’re exactly right tho and I appreciate the backstory.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Is jacking off in the bathroom right after seeing the Sound of Freedom during work hours the most american thing you can do?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Cthulu Carl posted:

No shooting of guns, so no.

I probably shouldve added something about drinking too. Guns and booze are USA as gently caress

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

We met her at a work event when I was at my last big company, and man she is everything you expect she is. Entitled, narcissistic, general rear end in a top hat vibes

edit: Wow. Tricking the dude @ 18 to sign away his rights, then do this

quote:

The petition further alleges that the Tuohys used their power as conservators to strike a deal that paid them and their two birth children millions of dollars in royalties from an Oscar-winning film that earned more than $300 million, while Oher got nothing for a story "that would not have existed without him." In the years since, the Tuohys have continued calling the 37-year-old Oher their adopted son and have used that assertion to promote their foundation as well as Leigh Anne Tuohy's work as an author and motivational speaker.

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Aug 14, 2023

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Wow. Way more support for the blindside family on social media than I expected. It’s still shocking to me goddamn

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Is it really that surprising? Most people's conception of him is a kid who didn't know what a bed was. Between that and old fashioned racism every boomer and otherwise will believe them.

I mean they clearly didn’t adopt him thus the movies fake as hell. I guess people don’t connect the dots immediately? Phew depressing either way.

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Aug 15, 2023

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Darren Brown too busy or simply too British? We gotta bring in the latest generation of “pick a book! A page! A line! I’ll read it back to you”

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Oh no wonder he needed that extra 2-3 million the jets offered.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Hence the hush money!

edit Its 7 million with 1.6 in extra incentives. Thats 3-4 million more than anyone else offered I believe.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Can a team realistically make the playoffs when they’re 4th in the division? Asking for a friend outta Boston

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Well when that guy flies home to Miami for the winter he'll have his answer.

How’d you know that friend was Billy B?!?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

tarbrush posted:

Miami has a bit more hype than they deserve tbh, Mina had them as the third best roster in the league. Which is only true if you turn off injuries for the season.

Joint tenth with the Chargers feels about right.

Yeah 3rd in the league is insane. Bills dolphins and Jets all feel about equal right now with Patriots a few notches below but still likely not too bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah this is a non issue nobody is paying a 1st just to agree to 14mm