Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
Let’s go ginats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
Don’t exaggerate, Doctor Teeth

He was merely co-offensive coordinator, alongside Joe Judge for some reason??????

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

I like Nyheim and I could be wrong but this reads a lot like a cover story

E: missed that he’s out for the year, I guess there’s no reason to lie in that case

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
Seems like a good faith contract to me. He gets ~3M more than he would’ve on the tag this year. (Which IIUC is also $1M more than a 20% bumped second tag next year.) The Giants get more cap flexibility this year and next offseason. Both sides wanted him to be in camp and now he will be. And it all got done very quickly. I am surprised but deignted by this news. Hooray Joe Schoen. Hooray beer!

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
Oh I thought a signing bonus was additional instant money that didn’t count against the cap. In that case he’s getting what would be next year’s bumped tag value. Not as good of a deal (and less than what they offered mid season last year allegedly) and yeah without a no-tag clause he could be screwed again next year. Hopefully it doesn’t come to that again

E: oof yeah having all of his incentives be tied to making the playoffs is even worse. I mean they certainly see themselves as contenders, trading for Waller and such. But Saquon better hope this isn’t another 2016->2017 situation for em

elime anning fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Jul 25, 2023

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
It's so awesome that he's still constantly injured and yet managed to make several critical plays to deny the Eagles a Super Bowl. Giants legend

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
Someone mentioned Julius Thomas which means it’s time for It’s So loving Easy

https://youtu.be/jcrhXVhrVQw

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
I love it when all my favorite boys go to camp.

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
gently caress Yes

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
I am preparing myself for Magic to coolly recap Sam Howell’s 277 yard throwing performance in a narrow Week 3 loss against Buffalo.

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
This raises the question, does a player get to choose what team he’s enshrined into the HOF on, or is that up to the Hall?

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
I’m loving this fan fiction about the Eagles’ incoming Super Bowl hangover season but it’s hard to imagine that will actually happen. Unless their injury luck flips—they were 3rd lowest in Adjusted Games Lost in 2022, so if they lose that edge things could go south. But the same could be said for any team so :shrug:

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
Everybody knows that the key to Philly’s success last year was Miles Sanders.

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
The Sean McVay Camp for Players Who Can Play Good And Want To Learn How To Do Other Stuff Good Too

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
drat, he’s doing the Sterling Shepard speed run.

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
I'll never begrudge anyone for thinking low of Daniel Jones but my counterargument is that he spent two years in the worst offensive system in football under Jason Garrett and then looked pretty solid last year with no-name receivers and had a lot of success running the ball. I'm also pretty sure he was one of the top QBs in terms of not turning the ball over after so many years of that being his main issue. I'm not expecting him to shock the world but I wouldn't be surprised if he changes a lot of people's snap opinions of him this year a la Geno Smith

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
I hate the Eagles and think (hope) Hurts/Philly is due for a heavy regression this year, but I don’t think there’s a good faith argument that he had a bad Super Bowl, even with the fumble

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

Doltos posted:

I hate the Eagles and think he had an average Super Bowl. His one passing TD was an underthrow into double coverage that AJ Brown came down with and two of his three rushing TDs were both gimmies that RBs could have easily scored.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/202302120phi.htm#all_pbp

Just take a look through the play by play and see how many times 'Jalen Hurts pass completes short' comes up. In his defense he had to be a checkdown machine because of the field situation but 25 of his 27 completions being dump offs is kind of not good. Luckily, again, he's a run first QB, and his running helped keep the Eagles in that game. He just didn't have nearly as good of a game as stats suggest.

I agree that his stats make it seem like he had a better game than he did. But he also made a few really nice throws (like the one to Goedert on 3rd and long) and some runs that weren't strictly gimmes (the 2 pt conversion looked like he had no shot until suddenly he did). To this day I have no idea what happened on the AJ Brown touchdown. Did Brown perfectly fake out McDuffie by fighting for the ball at the 5 yard line only to then catch it a couple of yards into the end zone? :shrug:

Anyway if Hurts ends up as unsuccessful as Murray in 3 years time I'll be cool with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

Coldforge posted:

The QB2 designation is a thing required by the NFL for the new "Dress 3 QBs" rule. Darnold being the number 2 at this point is logical, since he has more game experience and Lance is still developing.

They're almost certainly keeping Lance this year; as soon as they passed the 3rd QB rule it became the most likely outcome.

I think teams assigning QB2 and QB3 has been a thing every year, though maybe it's more formal with the new rule? Not sure I've heard anything like that

Which teams would even make sense for Lance? Maybe the Raiders (lol), Commanders... Falcons? Not sure many teams would want him except as insurance, which is what he is already in SF