Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

fsif posted:

Every year I forget if training camp news is actually marginally interesting or if I lose interest after about 36 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The real sticking point is going to be what he wants in guarantees that will determine if he'll be a Chief or get traded for a poo poo ton like Hill

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

That's big news for Lions fans.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Rectal Placenta posted:

Is it me, or do there seem to be a lot more freak stationary jet ski accidents this off season?

The script really jumped the shark

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

soggybagel posted:

Jet ski injuries are non stop. If you go on youtube and search jet ski accident you'll get 1000000 videos. Because they're water motorcycles except you can rent one on vacation and all you need is a drivers license. I don't need to explain to anyone that driving a car is not like driving a boat or jet ski. People go way too fast and don't realize they're a bit clunkier to maneuver at high speeds and on top of that don't have magic brakes. Also I'm almost certain that the person who hit him was probably drunk.

Also, like Lime and Bird scooters and unlike bikes and motorcycles, there's no barrier to entry. You don't have to get experienced on them to do it. Like snowboarding and surfing and even waterskiing takes practice.

Any drunk idiot with zero experience can get on a jetski and go 50 mph instantly.

Not that they aren't loving fun as HELL

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Bateman is still returning from injury. OBJ is more learning the playbook and taking things slow in minicamps because he's 30-plus year old vet with a history of knee injuries. Flowers is the only one of the three that has been showing up daily, which makes sense as he's an uninjured rookie.

Supposedly the whole team has been taking things slow. Probably out of abundance of caution with 50% of their starters returning from season ending injury within the past two years. With this approach there is sure to be no set backs or new key injuries for this year's Ravens.

quote:

"This NFL football season, veteran wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. will be playing his first snaps in well over a year as he makes his return to the league. But even though it will be a triumphant return to the field, it seems like it will be his last season, as well.

During a recent interview with Dan Pompei of The Athletic, Odell Beckham Jr. announced that he is viewing this upcoming NFL season as his last and that he is planning to retire after the season."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...99ba035e4&ei=8

seems bad

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

See it's nothing like Ruggs, he's trying to save a dog, not kill one

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It's well known that which direction altruism is pointed makes a major difference in impact.

Also have you read The Secret

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I hope the rumors of it being a meniscus are true, seems like the best case scenario

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Wanted to love these but instead :lol:

https://twitter.com/DailyBroncos/status/1683873924939915264

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If only Julius Thomas still played for the Broncos.

Orange Julius would be a good nickname

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

What will Toney be able to do without training camp and a lot of reps

what if he only gets us *reads list*

a Super Bowl win

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Docjowles posted:

Not sure if serious but that absolutely was his nickname when he was on the Broncos :v:

I seriously did not know that but I never underestimate my ability to state the obvious as if it was a unique idea

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

a neat cape posted:

Friendship is for everyone!

except goons

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

For sure. That's a different conversation. Dude can't stay healthy and this surgery is for cartilage he already had repaired and re-injured

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Especially if you're the Chargers trying to get a foothold on LA fanship. You can't let that guy leave.

Also if not him then who

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

That's incredible.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

They will redo it for sure. That was always the plan

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The Northwestern hazing poo poo is unreal

b. Running 170. A “run” or “running” consists of a group of players forcibly holding down a nonconsenting teammate and rubbing their genital areas against the teammate’s genitals, face, and buttocks while rocking back and forth without consent from the teammate. 171. “Running” was an act performed by one or more players to assert their dominance. 172. Running would happen in many different circumstances at Camp Kenosha. Most ominously, in the dorms. 173. It was well known by the Freshmen Wildcats as threatened by the older Wildcats that you were going to “get ran” at camp. 174. Freshmen Wildcats were encouraged to keep their doors unlocked because upperclassmen Wildcats would be coming to their rooms and “running them.” 175. For those that locked their doors, they were warned that eventually, they would get caught and “ran.” 176. Many Freshman Wildcats left their doors open and took their “runnings” without a fight, believing it was better to give in early than live in constant fear. 177. However, even those who did not resist were not safe from repeated “runnings.” 178. Freshman would remain on the field longer at camp than upper classmen, to learn the fight song.

“Car Wash” 229. Most, if not all players, were also subject to the “Car Wash” during their time at the camp in Kenosha. 230. During this event, the larger players would line up in two parallel lines, leaving little room between them, in the middle of the small shower, loudly chanting and singing the song “Car Wash,” a famous song by Rose Royce. 231. The “Car Wash” would consist of anywhere between ten and twenty upperclassmen who stood naked at the entrance to the shower and would lather themselves up with soap. The “Car Wash” Players would squirt soap on the players in the line while they spun in circles. 14 https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ng/70441175007/ 28 232. New players were forced to strip naked and walk through the middle of the “car wash” in order to get to the showers while being smothered and forced to walk penis to penis or penis to butt with the players in the line.

There's so much poo poo in here I don't know where to begin. Page 20 it gets wild

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://bencrump.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/Complaint-Yates-1.pdf

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Magic's head size compared to everyone else is positively Shrekian

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ross couldn't handle the heat of Other Ross

https://twitter.com/fieldyates/status/1684308756270665729?s=42&t=vYGMjgtg31X780Jer9MHvA

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Where can I go to post about Rashee Rice dominating camp five days in a row

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I went on a river cruise from Germany to Budapest. It was the best vacation I ever had.

Silly Burrito posted:

Well yeah, I hope you wouldn’t ditch your family to hang out with teenagers since you’re 32.

No you and your partner ditch your family to get hammered with other couples in their 30s on the top deck

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It's been years and I still can't tell if Mr Logan is trolling

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

GD_American posted:

I worked in a repair shipyard for 5 years. I've been below the waterline and in the machinery spaces.

I will die having taken zero cruises

I was going to say what about river cruises but this happened to the ship I was on three weeks after I left

https://gcaptain.com/two-officers-killed-after-viking-river-cruises-hits-bridge-in-germany/

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Yes watching the games is how we determine the Titans to be better than the Eagles lol

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

MrLogan posted:

Exactly. Or you can be like the posters who said "what a great throw" when I posted Hurtz throwing a duck into double coverage and AJ Brown bailing him out.

The Eagles defense last year was on par with Chicago 85 or Tampa. It was historically great. They are loaded at every position but once Hurts threw a bad pass. See? They suck! This is why you watch the games!

The Titans, my friend, are rear end.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Titans line and Eagles line made my point for me. Screw the eye test and screw deep analytics. The true TFF way is to determine the strength of the team BY ITS FATTIES

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Docjowles posted:

This is a weird take on a game the Eagles very nearly won if any single one of a bunch of things went their way (in before "yeah but they didn't")

I mean even having a normal, non-slip and slide field could have been enough of a difference. The Eagles defense was definitely affected by that. Sure they both played on the same field but it's an equalizer for sure.

edit: forget all that poo poo, here comes Mongo!

I should have caught up

kiimo fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jul 27, 2023

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I was going to say cramp or pulled calf which is painful as hell and I hope that's what it is.

my gut says achilles though

edit: or maybe not?

https://twitter.com/profootballdoc/status/1684658358681518080?s=42&t=vYGMjgtg31X780Jer9MHvA

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1684659347245457408?s=42&t=vYGMjgtg31X780Jer9MHvA

also reminder that season tickets are still on sale!

edit: this thread movin fast

kiimo fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jul 27, 2023

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I was going to say if that's the injury he has (he was wearing a compression sleeve on that calf BEFORE the injury) then I've had that and it was a loving nightmare.

Not only does it take forever to heal but you're terrified of running on it for a while

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Thaddius the Large posted:

Needs a little less time in the film room, a little more time on the foam roller imo

The first thing to go is random injuries. Hair is next.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Cavauro posted:

Joel died

When they make the movie about this injury what should they call it

I'm going with DIE ANOTHER DEY

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

wandler20 posted:

lmao this is even more hilarious than Bryce Young.

Showed this to my friend. He said what is it, take your kid to work day?

Me: ummmm, yes. His dad works for the Cowboys

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I think no one gives a poo poo who the photo and name is that is tweeting the information.

https://twitter.com/WesSteinberg/status/1648018545156956192

edit:

fartknocker posted:

And I will always trust Wesley Steinberg and Adarn Scheftor

are you kidding me

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Lifespan posted:

What a lovely question and an honest answer.

I might be getting whooshed but this is a parody account that toes the line of sounding real very well

https://twitter.com/WesSteinberg/status/1646912596195328000

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It's a good picture in fact. It's the world that is crossed, Daniel just sees it for what it is

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

that's a lot of paint to cause your back to sweat good thing it isn't crazy hot in LA right now only mid 90s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The offense is like 80% Andy Reid so I’m not really worried but it will be interesting because there are a lot of rumors that Bienemy was kind of hated