Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Jivesauce posted:

The Colts are going to participate in some football games this year!

That's as much commitment as I'm willing to make at this time.

They're going to be fun to watch, unlike most of last year.

I think Richardson is gonna start, and while he'll likely struggle, he's also gonna make some awesome plays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That sucks. Hines is a good dude.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah I mean going that fast even if it's for your dog is not cool.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

MrLogan posted:

The Titans would legitimately be the best team in the NFC and people don't even think they will make the playoffs in the AFC.

lol what

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Nodoze posted:

Irsay is a treasure

JT: I want a trade.

Irsay: Nobody would care if I died.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm pretty sure his agent is loving things up.

They have zero leverage, especially with him failing his physical. No team would trade for him, but the Colts wouldn't trade him anyway unless it was some crazy offer that involved a first. But that will not happen. It's he's on the NFI, this year of his contract rolls over into next year and delays him reaching free agency. If he sits out, he's an RFA and Colts control where he plays.

The best thing for him is to play the year out. The worst thing is if he goes on the NFI.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

fsif posted:

What's the opposite of "benefit of the doubt?" Whatever it is, I'm giving it to the guy who hired Jeff Saturday.

I'm only speaking in terms of leverage, not about all the other stuff.

No team is going to trade for him and offer him a high value contract extension right now. He was injured last year, and is seemingly injured now. Sitting out won't get him any closer to getting a big payday next year and it would be maybe another season or 2 before he got a big contract.

So the best way for him to get paid is to have a healthy, good season this year.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

It sucks. I think he's a special player and he should get paid. But the market is not there.

Unless injuries linger though I wouldn't expect him to have a down year. I think the rushing attack is one thing that you can expect the Colts to do really well this year and JT would probably benefit from playing with Richardson.

It just seems like JT's only path to getting what he wants is to play this year and have a good year, unless some team is out there who will offer the Colts a first. But that's not gonna happen, and even then it's even more unlikely that same team would also extend him for like $15 million a year.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Soul Glo posted:

is kyler murray even playing this year

Is there a new Call of Duty coming out this year?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

kiimo posted:

Also Zach Moss broke his arm

leverage for Taylor maybe?

Maybe a little but they drafted Evan Hull and Deon Jackson did well last year. I don't think it moves the needle much

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

fsif posted:

You guys are all going to miss it when you don't have ol' Dangeruss to kick around anymore.

Who is the next QB in line to be the corniest with a bland, corporate persona?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's going to start. The Colts want him to get experience on the field and are willing to live with the growing pains.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

a neat cape posted:

who are the raiders paying

the refs

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I like my team's owner even if he responds to a trade request by saying nobody would miss him if he died.

I hope that whale gets back to her pod safe and sound.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Mega64 posted:

At least he didn't do something really hosed up like gamble.

It's hilarious how bad these suspensions are.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

He's Johnny Football not Johnny iPad

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Kalli posted:

He didn't have much of a chance last night. They didn't have an oline in front of him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaRx3q-lNd0

Like yeah, he didn't make plays, but not many dudes are doing much of anything when you give up immediate pressure like that.

All those reports before the draft were right! CJ Bust

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

How could the refs do this?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

oh hey new Madden is out. Surely this year will be the year they get it right

https://twitter.com/GrittyGamingGG/status/1691332860219691008

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Diva Cupcake posted:

Colts control him for another year plus two tags, right? He’s not getting traded.

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1693750120439771203?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

Yeah, I'm pretty sure this is to play nice with him and show him that there isn't anyone out there who is gonna give him the money he wants and there isn't any value there. So he's better off staying and playing.

But if some team does actually want to give the Colts a first, they should probably take it.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Diva Cupcake posted:

Eagles/Colts joint practice was apparently cancelled after too many fights. Derek Barnett punched Anthony Richardson as well.
https://twitter.com/Jeff_McLane/status/1694009766064894313?s=20

Seems weird those teams wouldn't get along with how the coaches have been on both teams

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

I bought some of this to put on some beer brats I cooked up for watching the draft. It's decent!

What does a touchdown in your mouth taste like

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

fartknocker posted:

gently caress Ryan Grigson

Those people who booed Luck suck as well.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I don't get why not breaking the bank for an injured RB is seen as bad.

They haven't offered an extension to Pittman but you don't hear anything about that because he knows he's gonna get paid after this year.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Because they have nobody else good to spend the money on and your project rookie QB needs the loving help.

He's injured so how exactly is he gonna help? How is signing him to a big deal when he's still hurt and possibly screwing the team for the future capwise helping develop the QB?

Again, Pittman is in the exact same situation. He's also going to get paid more than Taylor. But there's no noise about that. Pittman isn't demanding a trade because he's not getting an extension.

It's not bad for the team to not want to break the bank for an injured player at a position that's had its value diminished a shitload. Taylor has zero leverage and there's no reason for the Colts to trade him or to extend him for $15 or $16 million a year, especially since he's still hurt. And if he's hurt, who is going to actually offer anything of value for him? So it would be stupid for the Colts to trade him unless they got a good return. Like yeah, asking for Waddle and a third is pretty ridiculous, but might as well give it a shot.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Metapod posted:

Love the colt fan just eating up the he's hurt line from management the moment there's a contract dispute

He had surgery in the offseason and has been on the PUP list before all this started?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Ches Neckbeard posted:

71mil in cap space next year with a raw as hell rookie on the books and being cheap about good players. Some analytics level brilliance.

What deals have other RBs gotten?

Like are you all intentionally being obtuse about this or what. You're smarter than NFL and Twitter Reddit. If any team signed an RB for 15 or 16 million a year it would be dumb. What did Barkley and Josh Jacobs just sign for?

Metapod posted:

He had surgery in January and the injury noise all started immediately once he started asking for money

He came to camp on the PUP list and the noise didn't start until after camp had opened. Like it's in both sides best interest if he's healthy and playing for them.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Ches Neckbeard posted:

If you want a serious answer, the Dolphins were likely to pay him something close with....LMAO a project 28mil over next year. Yes pay the man and stop trying to win the league with cap space. Following the lead of the Raiders and Giants is dumb.

I thought the Dolphins didn't have enough cap space next year to sign everyone they have, but I could be wrong.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

He's "injured".

With the amount of cap the Colts have signing him to a 2-3 year deal that is marginally more money is not going to move the needle. Again, what are they saving cap space for? All those superstar players? You don't win anything for not spending $70 million dollars. Not paying the few good players you have out of principle is stupid and bad management.

They're not re-signing anyone who's deal is up because they want to see how they perform in the new system with a new coach. Next year at least Pittman and Grover Stewart are going to get re-signed and with the WR market, Pittman is going to get a ton. The Colts usually have to spend a bit more to get free agents to sign, so if they have any major targets for next year they'll need the space. Part of that space for next year is also for JT.

There's zero reason for them to sign a long term deal and reset the RB market, especially when they still have the franchise tag they can use.

You're also assuming that JT would sign for a 2-3 year deal. I don't think that's likely since when that deal comes up, he'll be even older and less likely to get a long term deal. It's most likely he's looking for a big long term deal now at the end of the first contract, because it's not likely that there will be a big payday after the second contract is up considering the shelf life of current NFL RBs.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah I do think Irsay didn't help with his comments. But the Colts had already said they weren't extending players before the season before all this happened.

The press conference today had a lot of Ballard talking about how the situation sucks. I think you can tell he isn't happy about how all this has happened and probably blames Irsay for some of it. Like how last year he looked like a hostage at the Jeff Saturday announcement, since he was against that hiring but was overruled.

But in the end I think JT ends up playing and getting a good extension from the team next year.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

The Colts also had no problem paying everyone else until they cut off the money tap this year right in time for JT to go wtf

Yeah, but they have a new coach this year with a new system. And I don't think it helped that the guys they did extend with Nelson and Leonard immediately got hurt and/or had their play fall off a lot. They also overpaid for Hines with his extension and had to trade him because of it, and because they didn't even use him right.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Ballard not spending is getting old, yeah. Hopefully that will change now that they aren't spending a ton on old and bad QBs and have one on a rookie contract.

Next off season will be pretty important. Nobody is expecting much this year except to hopefully get Richardson experience and show that he can play. Then next year they really have to get him more help on the offensive side.

It's why I think they are fine with losing this year because they absolutely want Harrison Jr.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

When he said he wanted killers it came off as he literally wanted killers

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

GD_American posted:

Johnathan Gannon does not understand how to link sentences to build a query.

Did you drive here?

Did you take the bus?

Are you on a football team?

Do you want to kill a person?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Did you drive here?

Did you take the bus?

Do you like movies about gladiators?