Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
So with Coryell in who takes his place as Most Egregious HOF Oversight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

That idiot taunting Cam is why I think the NBA should have set precedent for all athletes by letting Ron Artest off the hook.

Yes, we like to giggle about Cam doing dumb poo poo and failing to jump on a fumble, from here in our corner of the internet. It'd be crass and lovely to do the same to his face. It's also extremely dumb. He's also 6'4" and in the .0000001% of human physical achievement, and would tear you apart like a goddamned bear would a ribeye.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

MakaVillian posted:

This thread prompted me to check the Sea Doo website to see what has changed (my dad had a 1996 GTX, man I miss that thing) and the new top of the line model has 300 hp! It looks like a small boat but holy poo poo that's still a lot of power for a pwc.

what in the goddamned gently caress

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

sweet thursday posted:

How fast do you have to go before the water would feel like concrete

I've always heard 15-20 feet is when the ouch factor starts to become the injury factor, so maybe 25 mph?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

The performance over skill factor was bad enough with OG Jet Skis. That was in the Wild West days when no state had even considered licensing requirements for them.

Mission Bay in San Diego was pretty much a warzone. Wake jumping assholes following fishing boats headed out to sea all day long.

Finally, some 10 year old got partially decapitated by a ski rope he didn't see, and blammo 5 mph no wake buoys all the way from the launch to the Pacific. A 5 minute trip to open water became a 30 minute one.

I know there's probably been about 10 generations of PWC and the types of users since the 1980s but I can't get over my early dislike of them.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Cat Hassler posted:

People who have boats really like to tell others that they have a boat

Ex-boat owners are more smug than ex-smokers

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

(holds hammer over knee) that's a nice knee I've got there. Shame if....something were to happen to it

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Hey do y'all know he used to play basketball

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

So do these turn blue when my beer is cold or something

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

wandler20 posted:

I've been to roughly 8 all inclusive resorts and there is no way you're getting me on a loving cruise.

I worked in a repair shipyard for 5 years. I've been below the waterline and in the machinery spaces.

I will die having taken zero cruises

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

kiimo posted:

I was going to say what about river cruises but this happened to the ship I was on three weeks after I left

I took a Rhine day cruise that wasn't bad. Smaller boat than that one.

Wouldn't do it on the other side of the world, though. I had an experience in Cambodia pretty much like Bill Shatner and Jon Lithgow in the Twilight Zone, except I was in a bus driving parallel to a barge steaming up the Mekong, pointing in horror and yelling "IS NOBODY ELSE SEEING THIS poo poo BUT ME"

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Kalli posted:

PFF "math" of how good Ben projects each team's pass blocking to be. Which man, lmao if the Pats are projected to have the 8th best.

https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1684228663343022081

lol Andrus Peat

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Who's the Bengals backup QB?

We don't practice hosed

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

https://twitter.com/BobJustfkinBob/status/1684735683699634176

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

No, his species just matures at a faster rate

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

kiimo posted:

How long has it been since You Can't Do That on Television premiered? Maybe let the slime go

Is the original cast even still all alive? I don't mean Alasdair Gillis or Alanis.

Moose is a producer. Lisa runs a funeral home. Alisdair is a musician. Abby went into voice acting. Vanessa is an urban planner

They're mostly in their 50s; remember they were doing this show basically around the time of puberty.

Les Lye is dead, but he was already 50-something when the show aired.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Pain of Mind posted:

I just remember Barth and the General guy trying to execute the kids (I think it was the same actor?).

He was basically the only adult actor on the set for the majority of the show

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I thought he was going to be kept firmly in your side of the Atlantic and in a commentary booth

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1687000760054095872

You get him for exactly as long as we had Piers Morgan

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Nodoze posted:

James Corden is easily the biggest export crime

I'd put Piers above him but Corden could absolutely be #1A

If he's such a legendary rear end in a top hat to waiters I'm surprised nobody's got him with phone video yet

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Elephanthead posted:

what happened to stays in vegas? This can't be legal.

So what you're saying is, if the Raiders had stayed in Oakland, they'd have more depth at WR?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I never thought I'd feel sorry for Wentz but my god that picture

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

It's a good thing OBJ went to LSU, since being a public dumbass couldn't lower the value of that degree any

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Question- is there anywhere that has tried to quantify how well a player has over/underperformed vs. their draft position? Like, an overall database for draft classes back x number of years?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I’m on mobile so I’m not gonna search, but I remember trying to find a database for something like that a few years ago.

I didn’t find any databases but I did find some articles and interviews about it.

If you do find that database please share!

Closest I could come is this weirdly formatted article

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/sports/nfl-draft-history/?tid=graphics-story#NFL

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Johnathan Gannon does not understand how to link sentences to build a query.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Holy poo poo I just realized Gannon was administering a Voight-Kampff test to an entire football team at the same time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

yesssssssssssssssssssss