Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/woodyjohnson4/status/1683462032119541763

These are better than their standard jerseys but still pretty underwhelming, especially relative to the other throwbacks this offseason. Someone needs to figure out the uniform situation in New York

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
He’s a solid blocker, nothing spectacular. Kmet’s thing is basically being solid-to-pretty good at everything so you can leave him on the field all the time, although he started to break out a little bit as a receiver in the back half of the year

That’s really not a crazy contract, as far as I can tell? The guarantee is high but ultimately they gave him the same kind of money as dudes like Dawson Knox and Hunter Henry

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1688293285394010112

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1688290109374783488

Houston is a good add for Carolina even though he's getting pretty old imo

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Luckily there should be plenty of practice reps available for the third string QB

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
People predicting the Bills demise feels like people predicting the Chiefs demise a year ago. My money is on the team with one of the best quarterbacks in the league and a solid roster around him continuing to be very good, even if their offseason wasn’t particularly exciting

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I don’t think anyone was predicting the Chiefs demise a year ago and it doesn’t seem like anyone is predicting the Bills demise now, just saying that they appear to be trending in the wrong direction and they don’t seem to have addressed their biggest issues this offseason.

Also, to state the obvious, Sean McDermott is no Andy Reid.

"The Chiefs won't win their division and might not even make the playoffs" was absolutely a trendy prediction last season. I actually think I've seen fewer people outright predict the Bills will miss the playoffs this season, but there are enough rumblings of "Bills are gonna take a step back...Jets and Dolphins look feisty..." that the situations feel similar enough to me

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I think the real moral of the story is that you shouldn’t give up a haul for the right to take the third QB off the board when you allegedly haven’t even internally decided who the third best QB in the draft is

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Relentlessboredomm posted:

wait they released the only qb on their roster who's healthy and knows the playbook?

holy tank job batman

If you were accounting for Kyler you could have just said "Knows the playbook"

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Nobody would be judging the Colts if they just said they don't want to hand out a long-term extension to a RB coming off an injury who's about to play in a new offense.

Everyone is judging the Colts because their owner publicly criticized RBs for discussing pathways to better pay conditions, said nobody would care if Taylor was out of the league, team officials repeatedly alluded to the depressed RB contract market as a factor in the process instead of putting out generic "We'd be happy to pay Jonathan when the time comes assuming we can come to an agreement"-type statements, the team first rejected his trade request and then pretended to entertain offers while asking for ridiculous returns, their GM just questioned the importance of a great RB to a developing QB by invoking a QB prospect the franchise famously ruined, etc.

They did a lot to create an environment where an RB holding out in an extremely unfavorable market somehow looked like the reasonable party

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I agree that the Colts are a team perfectly situated to pay an RB in theory, but I also think it's fine for them to say "lemme make sure you're back to full strength" to a RB coming off ankle surgery and a good-not-great year before handing out an extension.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

CannonFodder posted:

This is oddly funny. I didn't know who Matt Corral was because I don't recall the name, but he was drafted in the 3rd round last year, and then got a lisfrank injury during preseason in a game against... the Patriots.

So, in a game against the Patriots, Matt Corral got a bad foot injury. The next year, he was waived by his team, and the Pats went "Hey, remember when that guy got injured a year ago? Let's sign him!"

I have no idea what's going on.

If you think that’s funny, look up the trade the Panthers made to get Corral