Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Looking up a guide before even playing the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Renting games to purposely delete the saves on the cart even if you didn't need the space.

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

putting down "joke" soapstone messages. or worse, untruthful ones that lead to honest players who just want to play the loving game leaping off cliffs and losing minutes of progress

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

gah!

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

this is clearly just a troll post. c'mon.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

tmfc posted:

this is clearly just a troll post. c'mon.

...you don't consider that a sin?

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

to clarify, its so blatantly a sin that i think you just made it up for shock value

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

:stare:

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

legendary lmao

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I've posted about it before but this is basically how my dad plays FPSs except he's got no strafe buttons

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I've posted about it before but this is basically how my dad plays FPSs except he's got no strafe buttons
your dad is going to burn in gaming hell

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Martman posted:

your dad is going to burn in gaming hell

I've known this, but it doesn't make hearing it any easier

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

One of the mouths of Satan is for those who ask the group if you're gaming tonight then they never show up

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

gaming sin #?: going to a LAN party and then just playing wow by yourself in the corner

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

gently caress you!

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Fungah! posted:

gently caress you!

:twisted:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

herculon posted:

Similarly, playing a game on mute. People worked hard to compose wonderful music just for you

all of my cousins did this and it just seems completely insane to me.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Unplugging someone else's controller during a multiplayer game

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Plebian Parasite posted:

Unplugging someone else's controller during a multiplayer game

Also, screenwatching

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Turning off the GameCube when I was paused in the middle of Windwaker's wind temple without telling me while we go have a delicious meal at Olive Garden.

*slams desk and looks at the ground*

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Turning off the GameCube when I was paused in the middle of Windwaker's wind temple without telling me while we go have a delicious meal at Olive Garden.

*slams desk and looks at the ground*

happened to me the first time I made it to Death Egg Zone in Sonic and Knuckles. such bullshit

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Breathing getting heavier and more labored as my mom explains that the SNES was on despite the TV being off and she went ahead and turned the console off for me.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

one time i was doing seven day survivor in dead rising and i had to go to school so i left a note on the 360 that said do not turn off. and when i got home my dad said the 360 fan was getting so loud it sounded like a plane was flying overhead but he didn't turn it off

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

That Little Demon posted:

Also, screenwatching

yup. got irrationally angry just from reading the word

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

STONE COLD 64 posted:

all of my cousins did this and it just seems completely insane to me.

this is why i don't game as much as i'd like to lately, because it's frequently not convenient to have the sound up or even have headphones on a lot of the time and the idea of playing something for the first time with the sound off is psychopath poo poo imo

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Arch Nemesis posted:

failing to watch the credits in full and thank, verbally, as many of the hardworking staff/Kickstarter backers that sweated and bled to bring you the game as your lips are able

going to the hospital and shaking hands with all the developers and staff

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
Not using items.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

the first time i ever got to the end of nes legend of zelda i got ganon to the point where you cn shoot him with the silver arrow my mom made me go get ready for some party so i paused and said i'll finish this in a minute. i come back and i'm on second quest and going wait, what the hell happened. turned out my stepbrother unpaused and killed ganon while i was gettin dressed. guess what i'm sayin, if gamer hell is real I'll see him there

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Radar_Guy_41 on To Catch a Predator: Just wait til you see the Tinykin's Healing Output.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Decoy: I Baked Tents for you, along with some Elixirs! Help yourself! BRb

Tiny FF14 Midget Guy w/a Huge Pervert Mustache: *nods*

lol

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I got the tude now posted:

Not using items.

but what if I need em later?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

tmfc posted:

this is why i don't game as much as i'd like to lately, because it's frequently not convenient to have the sound up or even have headphones on a lot of the time and the idea of playing something for the first time with the sound off is psychopath poo poo imo

I could never listen to a podcast while gaming that's psycho to me

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Fungah! posted:

the first time i ever got to the end of nes legend of zelda i got ganon to the point where you cn shoot him with the silver arrow my mom made me go get ready for some party so i paused and said i'll finish this in a minute. i come back and i'm on second quest and going wait, what the hell happened. turned out my stepbrother unpaused and killed ganon while i was gettin dressed. guess what i'm sayin, if gamer hell is real I'll see him there

your ganon's dead
my brother dared
if there is a hell
i'll see you there

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Leadthumb posted:

but what if I need em later?

Grow up

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Naming your quests in a game Ironic or Meme related things

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

using the default name for an rpg character

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Spoderman posted:

Hmmm. Not so sure about this one

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Spoderman posted:

Sounds like deflecting. Someone fucj this guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

That Little Demon posted:

Hmmm. Not so sure about this one

the devs designed a part of the game for you to have fun with and put a piece of yourself into so that the journey they designed becomes your own. it’s a sin to refuse their generosity.