Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

more slurs in cspam

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
I think it's fine to close the thread from time to time, lobster doesn't seem to have caught the mod sleeping sickness and it's not like they're proposing shutting it down whenever they're not directly viewing it like SAD.

Regarde Aduck posted:

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Weka posted:

I think it's fine to close the thread from time to time, lobster doesn't seem to have caught the mod sleeping sickness and it's not like they're proposing shutting it down whenever they're not directly viewing it like SAD.

if what you're saying is true then it wouldn't be closed enough to matter, ergo don't bother closing it

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Badactura posted:

If you change my av I will say you're doing a great job

trust the process...

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

once we figure out the rules of this thread we can get started on the real feedback

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

well i dont anticipate getting too busy to look at the forums for at least the next few weeks so we can hash that out... dont want it to get in the way of any other important business

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
Croup is a radlib worse then any of the anarchists lampooned in the anarchism thread, who only gets away with it because he does what he projects onto everyone else.

His entire gimmick is either repeating introductory marxist theory in his own thread or making GBS threads up any other thread on the subforum, often showing his total rear end in any subject that isn't cod marxism. Worst call fluffdaddy made in a long time was chickening out on a year ban for him.

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

I think I should be given a better avatar.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Cuttlefush posted:

Croup is a radlib worse then any of the anarchists lampooned in the anarchism thread, who only gets away with it because he does what he projects onto everyone else.

His entire gimmick is either repeating introductory marxist theory in his own thread or making GBS threads up any other thread on the subforum, often showing his total rear end in any subject that isn't cod marxism. Worst call fluffdaddy made in a long time was chickening out on a year ban for him.

yep

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Cuttlefush posted:

and thats why hes the mod sweetie of me, libster poo poo

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Cuttlefush posted:

syq

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Croup's fine

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

anyone who closes any thread in cspam should be permabanned

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

anyone who closes any thread in cspam should be permabanned

:rip: AIT

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
e/n rules

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

no it doesnt

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Badactura posted:

If you change my av I will say you're doing a great job

the wheels are in motion

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Reboot the cool zone

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Buck Wildman posted:

Croup's fine

he's an unironic trot

Weka
May 5, 2019

and cspam is his newspaper

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Apropos is a dyed in the wool trot and was still a good poster

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

lobster shirt posted:

taking this feedback under consideration. it's really just if this turns into a chat thread, i don't mind not looking at it for a few days if it means returning to a readable number of posts. but i will think about this!

what I don't get: you post like you are the only mod reading anything

are you actually alone in CSPAM (discounting IKs)?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Where are the other mods

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Jose posted:

Where are the other mods

lol every mod going dark one after another starting with NHD

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Weka posted:

he's an unironic trot

I'll allow it

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Regarde Aduck posted:

lol every mod going dark one after another starting with NHD

that's not fair, three of the mods still post

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Zodium posted:

that's not fair, three of the mods still post

for now

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Goa Tse-tung posted:

what I don't get: you post like you are the only mod reading anything

are you actually alone in CSPAM (discounting IKs)?

i can't really speak to how much the other mods are reading/posting particularly as i know some of them are often active in threads (e.g. climate change, trump, covid) i don't read. i also have no idea how much reading vs posting is going on lol, can't really track the latter one. i don't feel like i am flying solo as a moderator at any rate. vyelkin also very active as an admin which is very helpful and appreciated, tahnk you big v.

more broadly though i do think several other mods have said that a busy and fast moving feedback thread that is mostly chat and white noise can be difficult to keep up with on top of along with whatever other threads they normally look at, plus you know mods can also be posters and just post. im the one who keeps making these threads and while i don't mind a busy thread if i can be active on the forums, i don't really want to put a claim on other peoples' time if that makes sense.

i definitely thikn i can be better at communicating when i am getting too busy irl to look at things though and then maybe we can figure out what to do then.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Just tell people to shut up and if they don't, zap 'em.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

lobster shirt posted:

i can't really speak to how much the other mods are reading/posting particularly as i know some of them are often active in threads (e.g. climate change, trump, covid) i don't read. i also have no idea how much reading vs posting is going on lol, can't really track the latter one. i don't feel like i am flying solo as a moderator at any rate. vyelkin also very active as an admin which is very helpful and appreciated, tahnk you big v.

more broadly though i do think several other mods have said that a busy and fast moving feedback thread that is mostly chat and white noise can be difficult to keep up with on top of along with whatever other threads they normally look at, plus you know mods can also be posters and just post. im the one who keeps making these threads and while i don't mind a busy thread if i can be active on the forums, i don't really want to put a claim on other peoples' time if that makes sense.

i definitely thikn i can be better at communicating when i am getting too busy irl to look at things though and then maybe we can figure out what to do then.

thanks for making the feedback threads & posting here.

posting is the best moderation tool mods have. probes and bans cause more problems than they solve half the time because they are punishments at heart, even the beloved sixer, and people react accordingly to that despite all the well intended protestations of people who think it shouldn't matter. for punishments to be effective moderation tools, they need to be timely and clearly reasoned. that's why it's important that the feedback thread has a quality where mods feel like they can just post in it, and why it was very bad to let the old feedback threads become 100db white noise generators. hopefully more mods will post here.

Weka
May 5, 2019

Mr Hootington posted:

Just tell people to shut up and if they don't, zap 'em.

heil hootington

speng31b
May 8, 2010

if you look back at the last feedback thread before it got gassed it was too chatty but the thing that pushed it over the top was the Ringo feedback loop, basically just one poster going goblin mode. it's not a hard thing to moderate you just can't do that when literally no one who has forums wide buttons is around.

If Al! hadn't been annihilated by FD I'm sure he could have taken care of it, really not a big deal

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

The solution is simple: honor the results of the IK contest and give ckf his buttons

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

ik contest would be really fun and i don't know why we can't do it, or at least get an answer as to why we can't do it.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

anything about making IKs is above my head unfortunately, cannot speak to it

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 89 days!

Zodium posted:

ik contest would be really fun and i don't know why we can't do it, or at least get an answer as to why we can't do it.

we already got an answer. vyelkin believes cspam is too diverse to support an ik contest. this wasnt a joke i made, it is what he said.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

hmm i see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

don't think you can really know that a priori tbh