Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
time to splinter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

speng31b posted:

if you look back at the last feedback thread before it got gassed it was too chatty but the thing that pushed it over the top was the Ringo feedback loop, basically just one poster going goblin mode. it's not a hard thing to moderate you just can't do that when literally no one who has forums wide buttons is around.

If Al! hadn't been annihilated by FD I'm sure he could have taken care of it, really not a big deal

Nah, it was over 10 pages within the first 24 hours.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

remembering the cspam2 threads era

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 89 days!

Zodium posted:

don't think you can really know that a priori tbh

well answer me this: what if someone's number doesnt come up and they get mad? what then?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Make me ik so I can gas the bad threads

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 89 days!
what if someone's number comes up and they're part of a Crew? are we really going to allow that kind of power imbalance?

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Pingui posted:

yeah but those first 10 pages were filled with active mod engagement and fun mod discord leaks like this

speng31b posted:

I did a keyword search in the IK-visible parts of the politics mod discord that d&d and cspam mods share and there are 300 hits for "willa" since 2021, or about a 30% chance on any given day in the past 2.5 years that someone was complaining in discord about willa

lmao

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

speng31b posted:

yeah but those first 10 pages were filled with active mod engagement and fun mod discord leaks like this

Which is fine content for a chat thread, but expecting the thread to be useful for getting and giving feedback when like half of the posts are the same couple of handfuls of people bullshitting and it moves at that pace, is foolish.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Pingui posted:

Which is fine content for a chat thread, but expecting the thread to be useful for getting and giving feedback when like half of the posts are the same couple of handfuls of people bullshitting and it moves at that pace, is foolish.

Yeah that's true, but as I posted earlier even a small amount of engagement from a forumwide IK like Al was previously could curb the small percentage of feedback loop posting resulting in the vast majority of white noise that isn't related to feedback.

If it's chattiness related to feedback that is happening while a mod is actively engaging that's nothing to get worked up about, even if it's a lot of posts imo.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

croup coughfield posted:

what if someone's number comes up and they're part of a Crew? are we really going to allow that kind of power imbalance?

gently caress Corey Perry wins IK powers.

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

i think c-spam is pretty good and i also really love complaining, drama, and general emotional dysregulation

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

there are literally ten cspam mods, if they can't Share The Load and follow one chat thread it's time for new mods

hth

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Tungsten posted:

i think c-spam is pretty good and i also really love complaining, drama, and general emotional dysregulation

this

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I don't read this forum much but I like the organizing and marxism threads. there was another I can't remember the name of that was more general theory(?) or something that I liked too but I haven't seen it in a while. oh and the posts making fun of the stranger people in this sub. anyway thanks to those who make those threads good :thanks:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Pingui posted:

ok but what was the total wordcount

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i think i can read 500 sentences in 24 hours

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Al! posted:

i think i can read 500 sentences in 24 hours

wow check out professor readums over here

whens your tea party with your other yale friends?

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Al! posted:

i think i can read 500 emptyquotes in 24 hours

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Al! posted:

i think i can read 500 🖕s in 24 hours

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

let Al read

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

theres a first time for everything

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 89 days!

Pingui posted:

post the list

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

actually yeah, serious feedback: if people are talking about crews and lists and etc. they should have to share the lists or get permabanned

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

speng31b posted:

Yeah that's true, but as I posted earlier even a small amount of engagement from a forumwide IK like Al was previously could curb the small percentage of feedback loop posting resulting in the vast majority of white noise that isn't related to feedback.

If it's chattiness related to feedback that is happening while a mod is actively engaging that's nothing to get worked up about, even if it's a lot of posts imo.

I think a feedback thread which mainly contains actual feedback would be good for everyone. Optimally, seeing the post count increase rapidly in the feedback thread would prompt both moderators and regular posters to check it out.

Instead the last feedback thread read like a fairly insular and overly long chat thread about... idk posting wars and bullshit I guess :shrug:

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 89 days!

Pingui posted:

I think a feedback thread which mainly contains actual feedback would be good for everyone. Optimally, seeing the post count increase rapidly in the feedback thread would prompt both moderators and regular posters to check it out.

Instead the last feedback thread read like a fairly insular and overly long chat thread about... idk posting wars and bullshit I guess :shrug:

post the list

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 89 days!

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

actually yeah, serious feedback: if people are talking about crews and lists and etc. they should have to share the lists or get permabanned

i dont think it should be a perma but it should definitely result in your feedback being disregarded

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I’m going to murder you croup

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

I read the thread and have avatars on.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Pingui posted:

sure, and I think that will happen naturally with the absolute minimal amount of moderation as long as people aren't allowed to spin out of control in slapfights itt. I don't think "zero chat" is a goal worth getting too serious about as long as the mods can be engaged, but the last one was definitely too chatty. that said i still believe most of the white noise unrelated to feedback could have been cut down on with a very minimal amount of moderation effort that probably doesn't even require sixers.

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Poppers posted:

is this another steven unierse

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 89 days!

Poppers posted:

get in line

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 89 days!

Pingui posted:

I read the thread and have avatars on.

should be easy for you then

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Line this 🖕🏻

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 89 days!

Poppers posted:

Line this 🖕🏻

fwiw im not responsible for this one

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

croup coughfield posted:

fwiw im not responsible for this one

Lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

speng31b posted:

sure, and I think that will happen naturally with the absolute minimal amount of moderation as long as people aren't allowed to spin out of control in slapfights itt. I don't think "zero chat" is a goal worth getting too serious about as long as the mods can be engaged, but the last one was definitely too chatty. that said i still believe most of the white noise unrelated to feedback could have been cut down on with a very minimal amount of moderation effort that probably doesn't even require sixers.

ask v to give me back my star, fd has already forgotten im sure

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Poppers posted:

Line this 🖕🏻

yikes white skin tone emoji

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 89 days!

Al! posted:

ask v to give me back my star, fd has already forgotten im sure

full support of this. al was doing a great job and i dont think fd will get up in arms over it even if he does remember

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Poppers posted:

Post the list of ways you plan to murder croup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Feedback, get rid of the Hillary gif for the probation Pic. It's stale af now and it's been nearly over 7 years since we've been using it. It's time for a update