Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thunder Bear
Jul 27, 2009

fig. 0143
I'm an overnight stocker at a grocery store; I bought this account with my first paycheck in 2009 and I've been working there ever since. The work sucks but it's union so the pay's not bad.

I don't post much but I lurk every day and a lot of your posts have made me smile. You are very kind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe

MonkeyHate posted:

I'm an administrator at a care home for the cognitively disabled. Been doing that for 10 years now. Our residents believe they are night watchmen and mostly they watch movies on TCM and play videogames. We give them little chores to help keep them stimulated like cleaning up poop and pee, then it's back to movies and videogames.

Uhhhhhh

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I'm a machinist by trade but I'm a manager here at this shop. I design stuff and fart around on the forums way too much. Also, I have a kid on the way and I'll be 44 by the time it arrives. I'm too old for a baby, especially my first one lol.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I do some extremely nerdy computer touching.

MonkeyHate
Oct 11, 2002

Dance, monkey, dance!
Taco Defender
Oh I'm so glad this topic came up! I just got a new job and want to brag! It's going to be good money but the downside is I'm going to be stuck in this tiny little company town in the middle of nowhere. I almost didn't take it as there will be no girls around but I'm told there is a barrel with a hole in it I can use as often as I like six days out of every week.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

MonkeyHate posted:

Oh I'm so glad this topic came up! I just got a new job and want to brag! It's going to be good money but the downside is I'm going to be stuck in this tiny little company town in the middle of nowhere. I almost didn't take it as there will be no girls around but I'm told there is a barrel with a hole in it I can use as often as I like six days out of every week.

hmm... which days are you in it, i might pay a visit

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Prepress monkey at a commercial/packaging print company. (Hey, somebody's gotta make the boxes your razor blades come in.)

Also gonna start learning to be an EMT in about three weeks.

Zamboni Rodeo fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Jul 26, 2023

Rides Naked
Jun 4, 2006

Program, Whale, Program
i overeducate undereducated young adults and pursue fruitless research

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I go around to businesses and tell them to please, please stop trying to scam your customers. Then I shut them down if they don't listen.

MonkeyHate
Oct 11, 2002

Dance, monkey, dance!
Taco Defender
I do sales for like a medical supplier but honestly I want out. I don’t really have the right personality for sales. My boss actually runs a few businesses and knows I’m unhappy so he’s been teasing moving me to his recycling business. There I’d work more with my hands and less with customers and that sounds pretty good to me. It’d be a little more dangerous and mean more night hours but the job sounds really cool. It’s like modern alchemy but instead of lead into gold I’d be transforming platinum group metals into Crystal.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Mostly write erotica. Sometimes write boring stuff when the mood strikes.

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009

MonkeyHate posted:

Why can’t you use it in the seventh day?

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Was that clip of the dude with the dogs on a slipperydip you op?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Carlos Lantana posted:

Was that clip of the dude with the dogs on a slipperydip you op?

A, uh, what now??

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Lol at this guy who doesn’t know what a slipperydip is

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Lol at this guy who doesn’t know what a slipperydip is

Nuh uh!! :(

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I spend about $1,000,000 a year in an extremely regulated industry. Well, I don't, I'm the guy that get's thrown under the bus if an audit shows we were non-compliant with the spending.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Dial A For Awesome posted:

Why can’t you use it in the seventh day?

That's his turn in the barrel.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
AutoCAD, excel, project management

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Three Olives posted:

I spend about $1,000,000 a year in an extremely regulated industry. Well, I don't, I'm the guy that get's thrown under the bus if an audit shows we were non-compliant with the spending.

reported

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

just got a weird promotion at the dick sucking factory, they sent me to some bumfuck nowhere town... and you wont BELIEVE how cramped my office is!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Three Olives posted:

spend a mil on me, tia

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Shinjobi posted:

spend a mil on me, tia

Highly regulated, like, I get asked why I approved a buying $80 bolt, how do we know it meets NIST 5252014-25425 Rev.4 8-23-79 and approved P&P regarding bolt replacement?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I'm sick of seeing animated weiners french kissing in every fucking GBS thread.

Three Olives posted:

Highly regulated, like, I get asked why I approved a buying a $80 bolt, how do we know it meets NIST 5252014-25425 Rev.4 8-23-79

cGDP/cGMP are a motherfucker and people who've never worked with them have no comprehension of what it is

JamMaster Flash
Dec 3, 2003

Hang w the bros, pump iron, kick doors, save lives, play a shitload of CK3 and Civ 6.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

MrQwerty posted:

cGDP/cGMP are a motherfucker and people who've never worked with them have no comprehension of what it is

Not quite, but close enough that you get the idea. Even at my own employer, I mean, honestly, my own assistant has no idea what I really do or why I am in such a bad mood all the time. Yeah, I've been in four of hours meeting about $212.14, I was literarily about to drive down to the ATM, roll it up into a ball and throw it someone in the next meeting I have over this. No, you don't want to know, I literally can't explain it to you, I don't have time to explain just the acronym pronunciation right now.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
i stalk goons on linkdin and facebook and keep dossiers on their friends and family just in case one of you fuckers ever crosses me i fuckin swear

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Post pictures of less than 49.9% of my butthole on the internet.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I run OnlyGoons.com

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I do not work in IT, unlike basically every guy I have ever spent any amount of time with, and I am still not entirely sure how that ended up happening considering I spend all of my time on computer and only want to interact with computer

Something something avoiding assisting the profit motive no matter what the cost (ho ho! how ironic, a cost)

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

I work at the meeting factory. I had 11 already today and one more to go.

We talk about doing work.

I have about 40 meetings a week.

It's super fun.
Meetings and training are usually the only parts of a job I enjoy because you do not actually have to work during them, this sounds like the role for me

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

MonkeyHate posted:

I'm an administrator at a care home for the cognitively disabled. Been doing that for 10 years now. Our residents believe they are night watchmen and mostly they watch movies on TCM and play videogames. We give them little chores to help keep them stimulated like cleaning up poop and pee, then it's back to movies and videogames.

lol, drat boss didn't know you posted here

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I work from home OPs :smug:

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

MonkeyHate posted:

So you’re a forum admin on something awful dot com

gently caress I was beaten by hours

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i sell debt to rich people to allow them to become more rich

its a very fulfilling career

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
I graduated from beginner to senior advanced server infrastructure toucher and it pays better and I can just go ski a lot

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Surgical tech. I help surgeons do the surgery but I do a wide variety of stuff. Sometimes it's doing cool stuff like fixing hosed up guts, sometimes it's stuff that sucks like taking hemorrhoids out of peoples' assholes. I am learning to do suturing which is a cool and valuable skill. Y'all ever hear of vicryl? poo poo's wack

JamMaster Flash
Dec 3, 2003

Heath posted:

Surgical tech. I help surgeons do the surgery but I do a wide variety of stuff. Sometimes it's doing cool stuff like fixing hosed up guts, sometimes it's stuff that sucks like taking hemorrhoids out of peoples' assholes. I am learning to do suturing which is a cool and valuable skill. Y'all ever hear of vicryl? poo poo's wack

I bet those people that used to have hemorrhoids are super grateful though

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Land surveyin'

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
whatever i drat well please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

JamMaster Flash posted:

I bet those people that used to have hemorrhoids are super grateful though

Not immediately after. The first week of recovery is apparently one of the most painful there is because the kind of hemorrhoids that require surgical intervention are generally burned out with an electrode and then the wound is sutured. We do load the rear end in a top hat up with a long-lasting local anesthetic called Exparel. The surgeons will often not take calls from patients for the first week because the aftermath is rough and everyone freaks out about it but yes it is supposed to look like a WWI trench in your rear end for a little while