Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cruft

My new glasses just arrived!

They're progressive lenses, like bifocals but more nausea-inducing!

You can tell me how good they look in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Whoa man. Did you get wrongfully accused of a crime?

Cuz you look framed :agesilaus:

https://i.imgur.com/9jTkSUL.mp4
Thanks to vanisher for the paradise sig! :)

emSparkly

I'm open to interpretation!
I got some of those big round ones. They make me look like a librarian who's secretly really freaky, but would never give it up for some knuckle dragging jock.

I am a patient they.

cruft

Previously I was in rectangular frames, but these are sort of oval. Seems like there's not enough glass in the rectangles to do the multifocal lenses.

Also these were in the women's section. I guess I'm finally over the gender line on my clothing. May as well go all in at this point and buy a swishy rayon skirt.

Escape From Noise

Did your old ones come with a free satin tote? For the nausea?

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

cruft

The new ones came with a free satin tote that is bright yellow, which is really nice, because if I'm digging around in my purse for my glasses, subtle earth tones aren't helpful.

cruft

Progressive Lenses Update:

I didn't actually get nauseous, actually. As a matter of fact, I had to to a quick jog with them on for about a mile, because my dad didn't think to take the three knives out of his pants pocket before attempting to enter the baseball stadium. Who the hell carries three knives around everywhere? My dad, apparently! Anyway, I didn't trip or even get sick.

What I'm learning here is that with these new glasses you can only use up to 50% of the lens at any given time. If something is far away, you use the top half, and you just deal with the fact that the bottom half is blurry. If something is near, you use the bottom half, and you turn your head from side to side to read instead of turning your eyes, because the focus area is about 3 inches wide.

I probably should have gotten traditional bifocals. Everything I'm reading is like "the best thing about progressive lenses is you don't have to look like an old person with a line on the lens". And I'm like, dearie, that is not going to help with how the rest of me looks.

cruft

three knives

Ass-penny

four more knives! :patriot:

Escape From Noise

Knife to meat u! Again and again! :fsn:

cruft

emSparkly posted:

I got some of those big round ones. They make me look like a librarian who's secretly really freaky, but would never give it up for some knuckle dragging jock.

Been thinking about this image a whole lot lately. I think the idea here is that when you take the glasses off with one hand, something interesting is about to happen. Am I on the right track?

emSparkly

I'm open to interpretation!

cruft posted:

Been thinking about this image a whole lot lately. I think the idea here is that when you take the glasses off with one hand, something interesting is about to happen. Am I on the right track?

If I take them off I'm either gearing up to screw and/or fuss with my hair for the next 5 minutes.

I am a patient they.

Finger Prince

My new glasses have magnets and matching sunglasses with matching magnets so they just snap together and look like normal sunglasses.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
I can't do detachable shades. I lose them.

Transitions it is

https://i.imgur.com/9jTkSUL.mp4
Thanks to vanisher for the paradise sig! :)

Finger Prince

Viginti Septem posted:

I can't do detachable shades. I lose them.

Transitions it is

I lose full sized sunglasses. I figure with these, they fold up and fit in a pocket (especially that little pocket jeans have on the right side), and if I deliberately put them in a pocket, they're slightly less likely to get lost.

Escape From Noise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKKJV0Aiiv0

Ass-penny

I lose everything, but especially when I'm drunk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cruft

I've been eyeing a pair of prescription sunglasses from Bombard You With Ads But Low Prices And Also Yellow Pouch Glasses Inc, they're like $25. Thing is, I already have a lot of sunglasses, and my distance presciption is so weak that it really doesn't matter yet.

New multi-focal vomit lenses are transitions, but they don't change at all when there's a window between me and the sun, which means not in the car. I actually kind of like it, they don't get as dark as the last ones, which means people can typically see my eyes at any time, which is important in conversation. But really bright light also bugs me.

Combine this with my new need for reading/computer glasses, and it's looking like I'm going to have to carry two extra pairs of glasses in my purse. Maybe I should just give up and get a bigger purse.