Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA
Niners also got an LB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Deejay Dallas stays in the NFCW and signs a 3 year deal with the Cardinals. That's good for him, but he's more or less a replacement level RB with some slight upside on special teams returns.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
If seattle is to use the FA market for a backup QB, Handsome Jimmy G is available...

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Wagner gone again

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Lifespan posted:

Wagner gone again

Rejoining Dan Quinn in Washington. Probably his last ride.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Papercut posted:

Niners also got an LB

Apparently not

https://www.nbcsportsbayarea.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/eric-kendricks-free-agent-cowboys/1712650/

gently caress the Cowboys

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA
drat it

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

MakaVillian posted:

gently caress the Cowboys

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Seahawks signed some random guys. George Fant is back, plus some veteran safety named Rayshaun Jenkins and a backup O lineman from Cleveland

Artie Burns is also back, and the team extended Darrell Taylor, somewhat surprisingly.

None of these guys are needle movers really

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

meh nvm.

Strong Sauce fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Mar 14, 2024

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Leperflesh posted:

signed Yetur Gross-Matos, DE, to a 2-year deal. Never heard of him.

He's a good player. Not exceptional, but highly serviceable.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

edit: wrong thread :(

Strong Sauce fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Mar 14, 2024

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Wrong thread? I mean, lol, but that should be in the correct lol thread.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Lifespan posted:

Wrong thread? I mean, lol, but that should be in the correct lol thread.

gently caress i hate this!!! lol

edit: 49ers need oline help. sign 10 people to the DLine. GIVE BROCK SOME HELP

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Strong Sauce posted:

gently caress i hate this!!! lol

edit: 49ers need oline help. sign 10 people to the DLine. GIVE BROCK SOME HELP

They'll draft a few with a RB in the third.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Seahawks need way more OL help. Our IOL looks worse than last year.

Our boy Troy Fautanu from UW will be an all pro guard for Seattle, inshallah

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Also gently caress it, trade for Justin Fields.

Leto II foresees this as part of the golden path.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Also gently caress it, trade for Justin Fields.

Leto II foresees this as part of the golden path.

Fields is not a good qb tho. You normally have fair takes. Are you ok??

(I will.legit be mad if they trade for fields)

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Fields was done dirty by one of the worst and least flexible playcallers in modern NFL history.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah Fields has talent and in particular enhances a run-first offense. The bears can't seem to figure out how to build and scheme around their QB.

I think it's too early to say for sure that he's the next Jered Goff comeback candidate, but I think we also need to see him in a different environment before we can say he's just a total bust.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

EmbryoSteve posted:

Fields is not a good qb tho. You normally have fair takes. Are you ok??

(I will.legit be mad if they trade for fields)

He's had too much spice.

I think Fields can definitely be better than what he showed in Chicago. Honestly it probably won't even take a 2nd rounder to get him away from the Bears at this point, take a flyer if you're a team in need of a youngish QB.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

In addition to all the previous posters, all of who are correct (especially spice use), my appetite for Fields grows because the price to get him seems so darn low!

Before the offseason I was expecting it would take two third round picks, at the cheapest, to get Fields. Now it seems like a fifth plus a sixth might get it done!

Plus Fields can sit on da bench for a year behind Mr Geno Smith.

At a certain point the trade price is so low that the gamble is worth it, to this poster :)

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Based on the cuts and walks, next year is definitely looking like a rebuilding year thank god. I'm actually surprised they decided to spend the money on Noah Fant. Williams is awesome, but I feel like one of the main reasons they paid him was to justify the second round pick (and hope that they can get a team together quick). I'm down with them throwing dice on something for next season as long as the price is cheap, Fields included.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

MakaVillian posted:

He's had too much spice.

I think Fields can definitely be better than what he showed in Chicago. Honestly it probably won't even take a 2nd rounder to get him away from the Bears at this point, take a flyer if you're a team in need of a youngish QB.

Fields is better than what he showed but his unwillingness to pull the trigger when the play is there is going to drive OCs crazy. Everybody runs schemes where the QB is expected to throw on time and trust the receiver scheme to create a window and the receiver to get there but Fields just waits and waits and waits…

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Ornery and Hornery posted:

In addition to all the previous posters, all of who are correct (especially spice use), my appetite for Fields grows because the price to get him seems so darn low!

Before the offseason I was expecting it would take two third round picks, at the cheapest, to get Fields. Now it seems like a fifth plus a sixth might get it done!

Plus Fields can sit on da bench for a year behind Mr Geno Smith.

At a certain point the trade price is so low that the gamble is worth it, to this poster :)
And then he will want to be paid. Dude can't throw, and like someone else said he doesn't pull the trigger and Grubbs offense, at least in college, was very timing throw to space and pull the trigger deep kind of offense. I don't know how he would fit

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Fields is better than what he showed but his unwillingness to pull the trigger when the play is there is going to drive OCs crazy. Everybody runs schemes where the QB is expected to throw on time and trust the receiver scheme to create a window and the receiver to get there but Fields just waits and waits and waits…

True, but look at his receiver corps, not exactly a ton of amazing options, you've got DJ Moore, and then.... ?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Leperflesh posted:

True, but look at his receiver corps, not exactly a ton of amazing options, you've got DJ Moore, and then.... ?

He had only 200 more yards on 50 more attempts with DJ Moore. He's not a good passer. He has an insanely high sack rate because he holds onto the ball for so long. He fumbles a lot. He can't throw with anticipation.

He's bad, OP.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I'm seeing a rumor of Sam Howell to the Seahawks. If its true that'll mean no Justin Fields to the Seahawks.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Leperflesh posted:

It shows up over and over on his tape that he looks at open guys and just won’t throw the ball. Darnell Mooney and Cole Kmet aren’t so bad that you should scramble for 5 seconds then take a sack rather than throw to them when they’re open. He’s got the post injury RG3 thing where just doesn’t trust his eyes or his arm.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I'm seeing a rumor of Sam Howell to the Seahawks. If its true that'll mean no Justin Fields to the Seahawks.
https://x.com/adamschefter/status/1768367496908681689

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Welp, I guess that is a throwing the dice thing... Probably in to the garbage, but oh well.

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!
Tyler Lockett's cap hit for 2025 is now $30MM so they could clear 8MM this year in the restructure. That is a weird choice for a soft-tank year. Unless you are planning to tank for 2 years, which maybe we are.

I sure hope we draft Penix if he's available. Rolling with Geno is fine especially if you are soft-tanking but it doesn't make sense to have no plan for QB next if you are gonna be bad for a year or two anyway.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
Sam Howell is younger than Michael Penix.

What

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!
Yeah Penix is a very old man for college football which is probably a contributing factor to his success. I still want to draft him.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
No I just realized this.

In my mind Howell was in his mid 20's and Penix is like 22.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Penisaurus Sex posted:

Sam Howell is younger than Michael Penix.

What

Both were still before 9/11 if that helps.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Sam Howell really threw 21/21/3946 last year?? those are almost Jameis numbers, how did none of that register with me last year

oh yeah because the Commies were unwatchable and Howell spent every week getting the poo poo sacked out of him

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Mustached Demon posted:

Both were still before 9/11 if that helps.

Bo Nix was born the same year, and Spencer Rattler, and Julio.

Time vortex rears its head again -- these are all people who should not be born in the same year.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Wasn't Howell a bottom 3 QB by most metrics last season? Jeez.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

To me this says they aren't gonna shoot for a rookie qb this year or at least are super hedging the draft

Trade back and olineman or byron murphy late first here we go !

Might juat cut geno next year and have super cheap qb in Howell and a rookie they draft next draft