Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Reading that OP got me looking at the Rams' salary cap. 60mil in dead money just for ARob, Ramsey, and Leonard Floyd. Ooof.

~40 of the 90 guys in Rams camp are rookies.

May chaos :schotty: supreme!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Leperflesh posted:

bet ten dollars on the cards, you could win two hundred thousand, that's what that means right

My buddy went to Vegas in the summer of '99, so I gave him $10 to put on the Rams to win the SB. I won $2,000.

It's the only bet I've ever made.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
Thursday:
Sony Michel: Getting second opportunity with Rams 'means a lot'

Friday:
Sony Michel retires

:wtf:

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/StuJRams/status/1686552727248351232

:ohdear:

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
Kupp has a hamstring injury and it's expected he'll be ready for week one. :pray:

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Poetry in motion. Beautiful.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
John Johnson is coming back to the Rams on a one year deal. That a nice addition to the secondary.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

Trade Trey Lance to the Rams

No.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

rjmccall posted:

.... On top of that, they’ve seemingly missed on a lot of the picks they’ve actually had. So yeah, it’s a rough roster outside of the stars.

The Rams drafted 26 players between 2020, 2021, & 2022. 18 of those picks are still on the roster, so their drafts haven't been complete failures. A lack of first or second rounders certainly didn't help.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
The Rams' first round of cuts:

LB Kelechi Anyalebechi
WR Braxton Burmeister
DB Timarcus Davis
DB Tyon Davis
DB Vincent Gray
WR Tyler Hudson
DB Tanner Ingle
DB Jordan Jones
G Sean Maginn
WR Lance McCutcheon
TE Camren McDonald
TE Christian Sims
DT Taron Vincent

The only "surprise" is Lance McCutcheon who was last year’s preseason "star."

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
The rest of the Rams' cuts:

LB Ryan Smenda
OL A.J. Arcuri
K Tanner Brown
DE T.J. Carter
OLB Daniel Hardy
DB Quindell Johnson
TE Nikola Kalinic
OL Mike McAllister
DB Cameron McCutcheon
OL Grant Miller
WR Xavier Smith
OLB Keir Thomas
WR Austin Trammell
QB Dresser Winn
LB Jaiden Woodbey
DT Marquise Copeland
RB Royce Freeman
QB Brett Rypien
DB Rashad Torrence
LB De'Andre Square
OL Logan Bruss
WR Tyler Johnson
DB Robert Rochell

A lot of those guys will be on the practice squad if (when) they clear waivers.

The Rams currently do not have a kicker on their roster.

Also, the Rams did not release any of their 14 2023 draft picks.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Gonz posted:

I don’t know what the big hangup with ghosts would be. I’d demand a realtor show me all the houses with the largest amount of ghosts and ghouls and spectres and poltergeists. I’d throw haunted parties all the time and set up cameras that run on gas generators to continuously prove the existence of the afterlife. It’d be a streaming/financial bonanza.

What’s the worst that could happen? Oh no the ghost(s) have moved my kitchen table chairs two inches to the left! Oh no the ghost(s) are making thumping noises in a broom closet!

Big deal. A small price to pay for potential entertainment.

I’d occasionally play Jump In The Line by Harry Belafonte really loud just to mess with them.

“If you don’t make me levitate to this song, then you ain’t poo poo!”

Get real antagonistic with the ghosts to put them in their place. Force them to acknowledge their pathetic limitations.

“What’s the matter? Going into the light was too good for you? Now you’re gonna sit there and watch me put together this IKEA bookshelf. Smooth move, ex-lax.”

Interesting take.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

kensei posted:

Has that ever happened before? Cause wow

I heard recently that the Rams' 2023 draft class was the largest in modern NFL history, so I'm going to say that it has never happened before.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Leperflesh posted:

respectfully, I would argue that it remains to be seen whether they have in fact hit on that many dudes - their having made the final roster of this particular Los Angeles Rams is not a convincing metric

100%.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
Sean McVay and Christian McCaffrey make an appearance on Peyton & Eli Search for the Third ManningCast Host.

Jim Irsay portrays himself perfectly, and I'm pretty sure Pat McAfee is high as gently caress. There's a lot more players and celebrities on as well.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
Well I certainly did not expect that.

I was only able to watch the RedZone, so I'm looking forward to seeing the entire game.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

SoFi may have had more dolphin fans than chargers fans last week. This is not strictly a Rams issue. It's an L.A. issue.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

MakaVillian posted:

Sounds like an excuse a fan of the SOSAR would come up with :colbert:

The answer I was pretty much expecting.

Play posted:

Now that makes me think of what the niners would be with Matthew Stafford. That would be disgusting

Shame on you for even thinking that.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Play posted:

Van Jefferson sucks so much rear end. Drops everywhere, running lovely routes to cause INTs, low effort, barely seems to care. Seriously, take him out. I rarely get frustrated with players but man he just blows

Apart from that the game went about like I expected. I thought the Rams played really well for the most part, but talent wins out and and the niners are like five times more talented overall.

Both these points are spot on.

I only saw the game via RedZone, but I saw enough of Van Jefferson to confirm my thoughts that he does, indeed, suck.

Boot Cam Ackers out the door too. Kyren is so much more down hill than Cam, which is exactly what the Rams need.

This team is not as bad an everyone initially thought they'd be.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

mllaneza posted:

The Rams are probably going to be a middle of the road team. They've got a good defense, and when they aren't up against last season's #1 defense, they have a solid offense. Their rookie WR, Puka Nacua, set a couple of rookie WR records against a great defense. He's going to be a player to watch, and you'll probably see a lot of him on highlight reels.

They aren't winning the division though, not by a long shot.

Yeah, Puka really seems to be the real deal. He's been great.

Yeah, they're not winning the division, but they're not the joke people thought they'd be. I understand it's very early in the season, but this team looks waaay better than last year's team.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Benne posted:

Healthy Stafford is still one of the best quarterbacks in the NFC, so as long as he stays upright they're going to be in every game.

Agreed. The o-line has not been poo poo like last year, so things are going well. I hope it stays that way.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Papercut posted:

He's making less than Bryce Young was making in college lol

I thought this was sarcasm, so I looked it up.

:stare:

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

Rams still not very good, it’s going to be a long weird season

Zach Thomas shouldn't have been anywhere near the field tonight. Noteboom should have replaced Jackson at LT, then let Anchrum fill in for Noteboom at RG for the entire game.

I'm aware there's other issues, but the OL needed more help than it was getting tonight.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Ornery and Hornery posted:

How has Steve Avila looked so far? I wanted the hawks to draft him and some of podcasts have praised his games with the rams so far.

Besides prime time games, I only get to watch RedZone and highlights, so my knowledge is limited. But from what I can tell, and I'm not an expert, I think he has played pretty well, especially for a rookie - I believe he's penalty free through the first three games.

I do know he played better than their replacement LT and current RG tonight. I'm comfortable with him at LG for sure.

I assume DariusLikewise can provide more in depth info as he sees all the games.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
In addition to being a Rams fan, I am also a fan of the much hated St. Louis Cardinals baseball team.

Any time I mention the Cardinals' troubles over the last couple of years to friends, I get the old "shut the gently caress up the Cards need some seasons like this." :(

algebra testes posted:

I'm still laughing at this Lynch photo when he's asked if he hung out with Wilson outside of work.

There's something wrong with you if you don't like this guy.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

algebra testes posted:

I am enjoying watching Dallas get destroyed.

If I was a betting man, I would have put everything on SF to beat Dallas. Dallas is a fraud. The Rams even have a chance to beat them.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Waltzing Along posted:

Dallas just doesn't match up well with the 49ers. Cuz the 49ers are a lot better.

Correct. And it's strange how a lot of people didn't recognize this going into last nights game.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Manoueverable posted:

It really, really feels like unless something goes horribly awry, you can write in the Niners for at least the NFCCG Super Bowl right now. In pen.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
I'm stupid.

Nit Wit Dog Shit fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Oct 9, 2023

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I was expecting a typical Niners beatdown but I wasn't expecting what we got. The Cards put up a way better fight.

Absolutely. The Rams played them tough as well.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

MakaVillian posted:

One of the funnest and funniest 49er games I've ever watched

I hate the niners - obviously, as I should - but I actually wanted to see them destroy the cowboys to shut everyone's loving mouth about how "great" Dallas is.

The cowboys are not great, nor are the the eagles. The loving lovely loving najdjkada gdgdh GAH niners are the best team in the league this year and I don't even think it's close. iffjhvjfuyfyf gently caress!

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

MakaVillian posted:

Pretty crazy he's still playing at such a high level

He was easily the best LB on the Rams last year. He actually had his most sacks in a season last year while with the Rams with six. He's ageless.

Play posted:

just posting to celebrate that the Rams got rid of that bum-rear end Van Jefferson.

and they even got a sixth and seventh round pick in the process which may be small potatoes but is a veritable feast compared to using a player who is actively hurting your chances of winning

Actually the falcons sent a 2025 sixth-round pick to the Rams for a seventh-round selection in the same year. I made the same mistake I assume you did when I read the initial press release.

Regardless, I like the trade because Van needed to go.

Nit Wit Dog Shit fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Oct 12, 2023

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

The Rams defeated the Cardinals in a Week 6 NFL matchup 26-9

McVay should not be pissing me off, but he is. How in the hell does he think not running the ball in the first half was a good idea?

Thank goodness he adjusted in the second half, because he's not prone to doing that too often.

Who knows. Maybe he adjusted simply because Stafford was not on today from what I saw.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

SAME

OLD

SORRY

rear end

EVERYBODY ELSE

See, now, I like this one. SOSAEE.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I'm not a fan of an NFC West team but I thought of you guys when I saw this:

A man ahead of his time.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

I am extremely mad about football

Fine. :mad:

RAMS

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Papercut posted:

It is 100% time to sign Gould

Yes, the Rams should sign him. I agree.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

Still mad about

- Blowing 7 point 4th quarter league to Kenny loving Pickett
- McVay blowing the timeouts so he couldn't challenge the 4th and short spot
- The idiot refs blowing that spot in the first place
- Maher
- Really soft PI penalties against Witherspoon

Five x yep. So frustrating. The Rams are better than what they displayed on Sunday.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
Also, you niner fans are out of your loving minds. They're still one of the best teams in the league, even without Deebo and Trent.

R E L A X

I wish the Rams had your teams' "problems."

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

Goodbye Brett Maher, hello Lucas Havrisik

Maher had to go, but I'm not impressed with Havrisk's college stat line (zero NFL experience):

XPM 73 XPA 78 XP% 93.6
FGM 34 FGA 53 FG% 64.2 :cry:

Maher's worse FG% was 66.7% in 2019 (20 for 30)

Havrisk is the best they could get? Yikes.

It's such a shame they couldn't afford to keep Matt Gay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

:drat:

seiferguy posted:

The obsession with the tush push is getting QBs killed!!

Except for the only team that has the best personnel to do it correctly.