Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Mustached Demon posted:

This but the niners and *checks notes* Sam Darnold.

Going to need Arizona and LA to get quarterbacks from the Jet's dumpster too. It's the law now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Yeah and imo one of the biggest contributors to offensive struggles for seattle was the poopy IOL. Given how bad they were last year it seems like, technically, the IOL has to be better than last year. But they will probably still be bad, overall.

Front offices are so stupid. QB and OL matter more than anything else, perhaps get good OL players???

It's my fault. I bought a retro t-shirt, and have doomed the team to a 6-11 season.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Lifespan posted:

Looks like DeeJay Dallas got cut. Didn't expect that.

He always seemed to pull off exactly one explosive play in preseason, then mostly disappear. I wonder how much that was Wilson though?

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Rad Valtar posted:

Colt McCoy got cut so who is starting for the Cardinals? Josh Dobbs?

They're just going to send Murray out in a walking cast, aren't they?

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

The Rams' first round of cuts:

LB Kelechi Anyalebechi
WR Braxton Burmeister
DB Timarcus Davis
DB Tyon Davis
DB Vincent Gray
WR Tyler Hudson
DB Tanner Ingle
DB Jordan Jones
G Sean Maginn
WR Lance McCutcheon
TE Camren McDonald
TE Christian Sims
DT Taron Vincent

The only "surprise" is Lance McCutcheon who was last year’s preseason "star."

Can't be that much of a surprise, "cut" is right in his name!

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Apropriate that this was the season the Seahawks would push retro gear, they're playing like it's 1976.

So that's at least two Cardinals wins this year.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Pungry posted:

Instead of cheering for my favorite team to lose, I simply hope for the Seahawks to win every game and the Super Bowl :cheers:

Indeed. Go 'hawks.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Manoueverable posted:

Really, the surest sign that I won't believe in the Hawks doing anything major this season is the fact that they got blown the gently caress out by the Rams.

I don't know if the Seahawks consistently underestimate the Rams, or the Rams always bring their A-game to the Seahawks, or some combination of both, but the Rams have always been able to beat the Hawks, even when the Rams were genuinely bad, and the hawks genuinely good.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

algebra testes posted:

I cannot wait for the Niners/Cowboys/Niners/Eagles stretch.

Waltzing Along posted:

I could see one of those SEA games being the 49ers first loss.

Yeah, there's one win in there. Of course it depends on the Niners not really trying, or meltdowns from the Iggles or Cowboys.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Waltzing Along posted:

The problem is those are the 3 worst fan bases of the main N. American sports.

Special award in "Please shut up" to Stealers fans. They're dying off now that the team stinks, at least.

Papercut posted:

There's way too much St. Louis Cardinals Huston Astros hate erasure going on in this thread. The Yankees have been laughably terrible for a couple decades; the St. Louis Cardinals Astros are a menace that must be scrubbed from the history books.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Really got to question why Seattle is hanging on to Metcalf.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Pungry posted:

This injury is your fault.

I had no idea I had such power.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Forrest on Fire posted:

I for one would very much like to watch Kyle Shannahan turn Sam Darnold into virtually the same QB as Purdy after an entire career of being completely mid

Did he ever get over mono, or is that just a permanent thing?

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Lifespan posted:

I don't think he is that bad, but it really does seem like his game has seen no improvement and he really just leans in to "be bigger than the other guy" a lot of the time. This could partially be the offensive scheme though because the Seahawks have plenty of good route runners and he provides a unique challenge for DBs. I don't get the feeling he is on the trade block so someone would have to offer a lot.

They need a new QB fast, and if dumping DK would help with that?

He also throws tantrums that result in penalties, which is a perfect fit for the Seahawks.

... I wish I could find someone that loves me as much as the Seahawks love penalties.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Going to be optimistic and say I am looking forward to the Seahawks defeating the Washington Football Commanders of Maryland this coming Sunday.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Benne posted:

I'm glad the Seahawks won

Indeed!

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Let me be the first to congratulate the San Francisco 49ers of Santa Clara on their upcoming crushing defeat of the Seattle Football Seahawks.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
It would be nice if Pete announced his retirement and designated a successor. Seems like good head coaches are hard to find though.

John Schneider though -I wish I could find the article again, but it was a writeup about how he drafts for "Swag" It was his primary consideration. With him in charge, the Seahawks will never win a playoff game again.

Leperflesh posted:

I enjoy football games. I don't need there to be a future superbowl in order to enjoy a good game.

Merry football everyone!

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
I wish the Cardinals very merry big losing today (Seattle is cooked, but I can dream).

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

seiferguy posted:

Could happen anytime! No one knows what the hell Jody Allen wants to do!

From what I can gather, she's building a new stadium from nothing but endagered animal bones.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

seiferguy posted:

All I want is a coach who can beat Sean McVay. Year after year, the Rams can be down every single dude due to injury and McVay still figures out how to beat us, or in last year's case, force us to OT on a completely broken team. Pete could never figure out the guy.

The only way to beat him, is hire him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

seiferguy posted:

I fuckin' hate fubo but it's the only internet streaming TV that has ROOT, so I can watch the Mariners and Kraken. Seeing the rumors the Kraken might go to OTA stations has me thinking twice though...

That's some impressive Mariners Masochism.