Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Mustached Demon posted:

Blessed be those who run.

In the name of the blast, the counter, and the draw, amen.

Veer left, Veer right, Power I.

Amen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

bet ten dollars on the cards, you could win two hundred thousand, that's what that means right

Thanks to my education at the School of Hard Knocks, I know that you not only could win two hundred thousand, you WILL win two hundred thousand.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

Should we talk about how each team has done with their draft, UDFA, and free agents? I want to talk about that. Someone tell me.

Seattle is still despairing on just missing out on future all Reality QB Anthony Richardson.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

We really need to replenish our soft tissue stockpiles.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Mustached Demon posted:

Marshawn Lynch and the 2 yard line.

Oh wait nvm.

It appears he only got to the 4 :(

1st & Goal at NE 5
(1:06 - 4th) M.Lynch left tackle to NE 1 for 4 yards (D.Hightower).

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

indigi posted:

his first choice was Kirk Cousins, his backup option was Jimmy Garoppolo, then he trades a boat to pick Trey Lance who is ultimately outperformed by Brock Purdy, and this offseason is comparing Sam Darnold to Steve Young and giving him backup snaps over Lance. he's been bad at it for years

You just need to focus on the value he found in Big Cock Brock

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Lifespan posted:

Look. I get that the preseason is about giving reps to the bench and finding the line between bench and practice squad and cut, but holy poo poo the Rams looked loving dire tonight. If that is their depth... why did Aaron Donald come back?

I'm seeing 28.5 million reasons.

https://overthecap.com/player/aaron-donald/2952

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I figured out why the Rams kept all their rookies (not my picture)

As an action item, I think the Rams management team should work to reduce the size of column C. It seems like it might be hindering their performance as an organization.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Spoeank posted:

Crazy that Bosa only got 5 years after Stewart Rhodes got 17 and Enrique Tarrio got 22

:vince:

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Great post, lol love it

100% agree

Please note that THIS Seahawks goon recognized that the team was not gonna be good :smug:

It's the shook from juuuuuusssssttttt missing out on future Galactic Overlord Anthony Richardson. I'm not sure it'll ever wear off. Might have to relegate the team to the Pac-3.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

DJ_Mindboggler posted:

Old English word for "Badger"

This tickles me. I never would have guessed.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Apparently it's not too late for me to start a professional football career.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

I'll have you know that even though they may not win any given game because football is a high variance game, the Seahawks of Seattle are the second greatest force known to man.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

I’m also hornery for a GM who drafts OL. Give me the big boys.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Mustached Demon posted:

What's #1? Establishing the Run?

Abba.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Mustached Demon posted:

Deebo, WR1, had more rushing yards than receiving.

:hmmyes:

Sounds like a man who should be promoted to the most honorable of positions.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Chernabog posted:

Establishing the flight.

This is treacherous ground, friend. Do not forget the faces of your fathers.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

shirts and skins posted:

Yeah, it's sort of telling that people I saw elsewhere baying for blood on the Witherspoon selection have effortlessly moved their focus to JSN haha

It's extremely telling. It usually takes receivers a bit to get a feel for the NFL game.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

algebra testes posted:

I cannot wait for the Niners/Cowboys/Niners/Eagles stretch.

I also enjoy red wines, long walks on the beach, and getting kicked repeatedly in the balls.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Mustached Demon posted:

I said teams, not ideals one should aspire to achieve.

If the cowboys sought to Establish the Run I would say gently caress you I don't believe your sincerity.

If there's one thing I grudgingly have to give Jerruh credit for, it's having at least some commitment to the Run. Just look at some of those road grading O lines they've had.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

What a world we live in, where the Arizona Cardinals are the ones we should try to emulate in any manner.

gently caress the Cowboys.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Quit being a well run organization :mad:

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Papercut posted:

I think the biggest difference is Purdy is a dramatically better QB than they've had in the last couple decades

Would you say he's relevant to their success :smug:

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Jesus christ, I just looked at the 49ers remaining schedule and they're going to be favored in every game but @Eagles aren't they?

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

trilljester posted:

AI has gone too far. Although Juice stomping on a weird pile of Cowboys seems about right.

AI is just showing us the truth of the Cowboys.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

.........passing stats?

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

I love our big strong fast dumb WR1b

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Rams 49ers and Cardinals all deserve to lose every week imo

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

The qualifiers were essentially “who is likely to be a meaningful playoff contributor over the next season or two”.

Post your list. Who is talented on the Seahawks?

The main reason people think they are good and on an upswing is because they played a super soft schedule last year.

They got swept by the NFC South last year :lmao:

Niners please employ Wilks forever TIA

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I agree with the general sentiment that “tear it down to the studs” rebuilds are generally stupid and just get you in a cycle of doing that every three or four years. But the Seahawks don’t have a long term answer at either QB or coach and they’re not currently elite so it does feel a bit like treading water because the next regime is surely going to want to bring in their guys in a lot of spots. It’s a very Pete Carroll roster and likely doesn’t work as well with not-Pete Carroll running the team and Pete Carroll is old as hell.

Are you implying that this man doesn't have the gum chewing chops to keep this thing rolling for a few more years?

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Dutchy posted:

There's so much small sample/health/luck variance in football that there are worse things to be than good enough to take advantage if something stupid happens, like three Super Bowls per decade are won by a team like that

Exactly, you never know when every starting quarterback in the AFC could inexplicably be attacked by a guy with a hammer suffer a sudden knee injury at 8:32 am on December 7th 2023.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

That's disappointing. Before I couldn't think of any Seahawks with DV reports off the top of my head.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Rad Valtar posted:

Purdy cleared protocol today. Should start tomorrow.

Purdy good news for the Niners :(

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter good sir

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Nervous posted:

Purdy good news for the Niners :(

Turned out to be Purdy bad news for the Niners :)

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

seiferguy posted:

DK is gonna make some great plays then make some dipshit play that gets him flagged for 15. It's just what you accept with the kind of guy he is.

Love&Love2Hate my big fast stronk dumb WR2.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

DeimosRising posted:

Belichick and to lesser extent Reid have broken everyone's brain as to what constitutes a successful coach

She better have six Lombardis and thighs powerful enough to really grind her heel into my crotch.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Manoueverable posted:

Purdy being bad/hurt the last couple weeks has kind of overshadowed Geno not playing very well, too. It's hard to tell whether Geno is turning back into a pumpkin or if it's something he can overcome.

Tis the season to carve him into something better if he did turn into a pumpkin.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

I don’t know which 2024 draft qb prospect is most like CJ Stroud or Anthony Richardson, but that is who the Seahawks need to draft.

Good thing we already traded away our 2024 second round pick!

It's fine, we would have just spent it on a RB or LB who should be drafted in the fifth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

God willing the Seahawks still win the division somehow despite getting swept by the Rams and the niners