Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
he mentioned he hadn't seen The Matrix on his Twitch the other day. his cohost and the chat lost their mind and he got all defensive, it was funny

I really do like him, he and Bryan have a great unique chemistry even if he does have some annoying quirks. I am hopeful he dodges the Comedian/Podcaster Curse of having a kid and immediately becoming boring and talking about uninteresting baby stuff all the time

Whoolighams fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Apr 18, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

It's important for every podcast to have at least one (1) complete moron on a mic. The moron stands in for the cretinous listener. Bryan seems like the natural podcaster moron, but because of his roll as host and researcher, he's unfortunately weirdly erudite and knows a lot of stuff, so it falls to Chris to be the everyman buffoon

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
I haven't listened to the Tod Glass episode yet, but I remember listening to a CBB episode right after he tearfully came out on Mark Marrin's podcast, and the whole bit was Scott Aukerman being all "what the gently caress dude why didn't you come out on my show". Dudes funny

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

The Peccadillo posted:

I haven't listened to the Tod Glass episode yet, but I remember listening to a CBB episode right after he tearfully came out on Mark Marrin's podcast, and the whole bit was Scott Aukerman being all "what the gently caress dude why didn't you come out on my show". Dudes funny

I haven’t kept up with Todd Glass in a while but for a while he referred to his being gay as being a “marc maron.”

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
The Todd glass episode of utu2tm is the best episode of a podcast ever

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Farg posted:

A peak example of Guy behavior

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Kenning posted:

It's important for every podcast to have at least one (1) complete moron on a mic. The moron stands in for the cretinous listener. Bryan seems like the natural podcaster moron, but because of his roll as host and researcher, he's unfortunately weirdly erudite and knows a lot of stuff, so it falls to Chris to be the everyman buffoon

It's much better when the dumb guy on the podcast is oblivious to the fact he is the dumb guy and thinks the other guy is the dumb guy.

Forum Hussy
Feb 8, 2005

Farg posted:

I’m going to need some reverb on this

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

The Peccadillo posted:

It's great, wait til he asks to take a pee break

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

It's much better when the dumb guy on the podcast is oblivious to the fact he is the dumb guy and thinks the other guy is the dumb guy.

Gervais/Pilkington dynamic (Gervais being the dumber of the two)

The Ghoul
Dec 8, 2011

I got a cobra for a cock and some wrought iron balls
Taking screenshots of posts here to complain about in the discord server is absolutely bizarre behavior, FYI.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

The Ghoul posted:

Taking screenshots of posts here to complain about in the discord server is absolutely bizarre behavior, FYI.

hahahaha

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

lol again. This thread hardly gets posts. We don’t necessitate snitches.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

The Ghoul posted:

Lol what post?

bartok
May 10, 2006

I bet John Cullen could beat Chris in a movie trivia contest. If you only know John Cullen from his Guys appearance, on his podcast Blocked Party he admits to only watching like 1 to 2 movies a year and those are mostly terrible 90's teen rom coms like She's All That and Can't Hardly Wait.

The Ghoul
Dec 8, 2011

I got a cobra for a cock and some wrought iron balls

Kenning posted:

Lol what post?

This one. Strange one to single out, tbh.

MassRafTer posted:

I'll have to give it a shot, Chris has been really annoying me lately talking over guests and hijacking the show so I haven't really bothered with Guys+ but I am excited by more Tony K.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

The Ghoul posted:

This one. Strange one to single out, tbh.

lol why

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
tapping my favorite podcaster on the shoulder and saying hey man. i found some people saying a bunch of nasty stuff about how you suck rear end. here let me show you some of it. can we be friends now

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Tattlers log off

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Posting on the Rainn Wilson forums that a guy I was talking to at the water cooler thought the bear jokes were only kinda funny.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
One of my favorite guest interactions was definitely MDC Alex cutting off Chris in the middle of one of his "well I don't know if you know this" repeat bits with "Oh no it's cool, you told us before the show".

Yep.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
I don't mean this to dogpile on Chris or anything but on the "it's better when the dumb guy thinks the other guy is the dumb guy" tip, I definitely cackled when he revealed that he thought "character voice" meant the guy writing the amazon review was making up actual voices for book characters to talk in

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
Those discord folks are sure doing a parasocial

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

beepo posted:

Those discord folks are sure doing a parasocial

It's honestly the best Discord I've ever been a part of, made a couple of good friends and a lot of nice acquaintances so far. I also don't read every channel so I didn't see the c/p but it's really not that deep. The Murderbryan reddit is far worse, also MRT was on the Wrestling Beast episode, it's not that big of of a deal.

The second worst thing you can do is come onto the Sunday stream and complain about the sound levels cause that'll drive Chris up the wall. The worst thing you can do is become a new Patreon subscriber and start posting everything you hate about the show in the Discord because it annoys the gently caress out of me.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
the snitch belongs in the turd post quarantine zone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The screenshotter can screenshot that I actually think Chris has done a good job talking over the guests less and paring it down to one or two running gags a show which really lets things flow nicely.