Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
Nu Metal - check
What Conventions Are In Town - check
Walking Shoes - check

Anything Else - sorry, not your guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

lonelylikezoidberg posted:

This podcast is fun but it is shocking how little knowledge Chris James and Bryan have about any and every subject, but they're from Canada and Ohio so I guess its not all their fault.

Bryan's gimmick of being a lovable oaf is very funny but when Chris James isn't bearing overbearing it's pretty funny how he is quick to jump on Bryan's flubs while being clueless himself. I remember listening to Shocktober Season 2 and Chris going after how bad various shock jock prank calls are and how they don't know how to peak jokes and thinking "that's true, I should give his prank show a shot."

And then you listen to NEAS and his pranks are just about as unsophisticated as your average shock jock prank call. He sets up these elaborate traps for chuds and just doesn't do very much original with them. Not on the level of This is Pharmacist, obviously. Nothing is that good.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Yeah, I love Bryan, but Chris makes Guys an "if the week's theme grabs me I'll tune in" podcast for me. Like okay, it was funny that nothing Merritt is saying makes sense to you the first three times, but maybe it'd make more sense if you'd let her finish saying it

bartok
May 10, 2006

I like Chris James but he can be a bit much at times. I'll skip episodes of Blocked Party and YKS he appears on especially when he steals the Tim Heidecker Comedy Bang! Bang! bit of pretending to be openly hostile on those shows. It just makes me uncomfortable and Chris is no Tim Heidecker. Having a guest definitely helps. So far the best Guys+ episode is the one that had Tom Walker as a guest.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Lol at the top of Guys+ today Chris mentioned that he's been disrupting the show and embarrassing Bryan in front of guest hosts and said he's gonna be more professional, so he's being introduced as Christopher now. I like Chris, I think he's pretty funny and has good energy for the most part.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

As long as Chris keep never letting the world forget that Bryan casually did jello shots after work to unwind, he's cool in my book.

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

When I roll, baby I roll DEEP

a_gelatinous_cube posted:

As long as Chris keep never letting the world forget that Bryan casually did jello shots after work to unwind, he's cool in my book.

That still both amuses and confuses me. Would he like…slowly eat them over the course of several minutes?

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I believe he said he would make a batch at the beginning of the week, so I imagine he crushed one as he got home and then maybe had a couple more as the night wore on? I guess? I've told several people IRL about this because it's so incredibly funny.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
I picture jello shot jigglers in all sorts of wacky shapes and colors occupying a shelve of the fridge

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

automatic gun for fast, continuous firing
bryan should make non-alcoholic jello shots(is this just literally jello?) so he can be like an o'douls guy.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Jello shots but using Seedlip.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Bryan really bringing it on the Pastafarianism episode doing the pirate voices for the Pastafarian pirate wedding vows etc.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I could have sworn that I heard about the spaghetti monster thing earlier than 2006, like in the late 90s. My memory is probably just scrambled I guess

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER

Drunkboxer posted:

I could have sworn that I heard about the spaghetti monster thing earlier than 2006, like in the late 90s. My memory is probably just scrambled I guess

I started seeing it on LiveJournal in like 2002 or 2003, it was the edgy internet atheist thing at the time, and I was absolutely one of them, but the FSM nonsense was just too dumb to get on board with.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Drunkboxer posted:

you're right, the religious parodies like pastafarians and church of the subgenius predate the internet

bartok
May 10, 2006

I wonder how many Pastafarians are also pissed that Supertramp isn't in the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame?

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
it's so hosed that Bryan got jerked off by an octopus at Hedonism 2

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
I actually think it's fine that an octopus 100% did use its many tentacles to crank Bryan off at Hedonism 2 but go off I guess

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

What I'm wondering is, did it wrap one tentacle around the entire thing lengthwise or try to get all eight on at the same time. and where does the beak come into play.

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER
Was he wearing the wrestling singlet when it happened

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
Oh man I would love to hear Bryan finding out about the Church of the Subgenius or Discordianism in detail.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I'm positive the Subgenius came up on Street Fight

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
Ah, see I never listened to Street Fight. Just Shocktober.

bartok
May 10, 2006

The Sunday Twitch streams are worth checking out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9JfhANM9B0

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
all-time Jello-shots-level opening to the Cheap Guys episode today

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER
Enjoring a nice Jell-O shot in my 58° house.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I don't know if Bryan has taken a roasting as hard as this episode since "how many streaming services do you subscribe to" and by god he earned it

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

killhamster posted:

Enjoring a nice Jell-O shot in my 58° house.

that poo poo reminded me that one of my roommates in college kept the house in the 50s all the loving time and he couldn’t be reasoned with, when people visited us we would just hand out blankets. electricity was included in our rent at that place but he abused it so much we got charged hundreds of dollars when our lease ended

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

Bryan is an interesting guy. I have an iPod that I’m pretty sure still works so I’m not sure what the gently caress he was doing to those 6 MP3 players.

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER
That part’s also wild to me. I worked on construction sites with a buddy and we had one mp3 CD player that survived for years of sawdust and getting kicked around until we replaced it with one iPod shuffle that kept going until smartphones became a thing. Bryan had to have been smashing them with hammers or something.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

For a short while on Street Fight Bryan was a knife guy but he kept breaking his knives so I think he eventually stopped buying them.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Boco_T posted:

all-time Jello-shots-level opening to the Cheap Guys episode today

I'm very frugal, all my LEGO sets are under $1000

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
lol the hot pockets story

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

little munchkin posted:

lol the hot pockets story

I've done some really dumb things in my time on this earth but nothing as shameful as the jello shots or the suitcase full of mountain dew and hot pockets. At least not so far!

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I can’t believe how cold he keeps his house. He could save money not having a refrigerator.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

September Fish, imo

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
the best episode was probably bourbon guys

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I dunno, cheap guys was a loving banger.

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

Aww Chris doesn't like Orange Cassidy. Lame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

metachronos posted:

Aww Chris doesn't like Orange Cassidy. Lame

All of Chris's wrestling talk is a bit to rile up Bryan