Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Smoking dirt weed in his lizard room

Welcome to Guys: A Podcast About Guys with Bryan Quinby (@murderxbryan), late of Street Fight Radio, and Chris James (@theCJS) of Not Even a Show. Guys is a podcast where Bryan Quinby finds the weirdest guys online and shares them with us and the funniest people online while suffering periodic catastrophic technical failures. Co-hosted by Chris James, former standup comedian and resident of Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, Guys presents angry reviews of sex clubs, recommendations for keeping venomous snakes in a house with children, lists of pocket knives to carry into work, and war stories from mall cops on a weekly basis, with extra shows and streams on the Patreon show, Guys+ (featuring theme music by goon Breadallelogram). A very Weekend Web-style podcast, Bryan subjects himself to the worst online communities and weirdest content streams to curate an extremely funny show, while Chris and a guest roast both him and the titular guys depending on circumstance.

Basically all of the episodes are very funny, but some of the best ones to start with are:

Sex Guys
Erowid Guys
Softball Guys
Chive Guys
South Park Guys

Given that Street Fight officially ended last year, the old thread was getting sort of long in the tooth, so I decided to make a new thread where we could plan how to fundraise to send Bryan to Hedonism 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUe48-NgszM

https://twitter.com/murderxbryan/status/1673043047066607617

Kenning fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jul 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I think I suppressed the memory of Count Jackula while I was writing the OP, holy poo poo he is a terrible Guy.

Breadallelogram posted:

I made the theme music for Guys+ which you can find at https://patreon.com/murderxbryan

Oh cool! I've linked Guys+ in the OP and mentioned your theme music.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Holy poo poo I forgot that the Chive Guys episode features an article The 10 Best Things About Bewbs, and the comment Bryan read was an extended riff on "The wonderful thing about Tiggers" called "The wonderful thing about titties." They really sacrifice for us.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Bryan getting off work and relaxing with a couple of jello shots he'd premade for the week is something I lol about on a regular basis.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Holy poo poo today's Guys+ is off the charts.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

There's a link in the comments on the Patreon post.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Knowing absolutely nothing seems to be the critical prerequisite for podcasting. The only podcaster I can think of that actually knows things is maybe Matt Christman.

e: I'm saying this with love.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Lol at the top of Guys+ today Chris mentioned that he's been disrupting the show and embarrassing Bryan in front of guest hosts and said he's gonna be more professional, so he's being introduced as Christopher now. I like Chris, I think he's pretty funny and has good energy for the most part.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I believe he said he would make a batch at the beginning of the week, so I imagine he crushed one as he got home and then maybe had a couple more as the night wore on? I guess? I've told several people IRL about this because it's so incredibly funny.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Jello shots but using Seedlip.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Bryan really bringing it on the Pastafarianism episode doing the pirate voices for the Pastafarian pirate wedding vows etc.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

September Fish, imo

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I dunno, cheap guys was a loving banger.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Hearing Bita, the guest on the Productivity Guys episode, say, "Oh, Bryan..." when she learns that he wakes up, slams a Rockstar, then goes back to sleep, is really the thing we're all listening to Guys for.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Do you have a beer fridge next to your bed fully loaded with C4?

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Bryan lore is the long-form storytelling that ties all the different episodes together.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Thank god Bryan has Christ to force him to do Shocktober. Shocktober was the biggest Patreon bump on Street Fight every year, it's crazy that Bryan would consider not doing it during Guys.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Truly unreal Greaseman. Incredibly hateful audio, I loved it.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Chris and Mike staging a mini intervention to stop Bryan eating 6 caramelos at night is classic content.

Also, Bryan killed it on the Chapo Patreon ep this week, hope we get more Guys heads from that appearance.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I have The Man Song on .mp3 somewhere hidden on an old hard drive. I think I can still sing it from memory. I grew up in Central California; Bob and Tom was everywhere.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

https://twitter.com/murderxbryan/status/1715826313674518654

Becoming increasingly convinced that "Bryan Quinby" is a comic persona like Andy Kaufman or Joe Pera, and Guys is just his attempt to make it more obvious after nobody realized it on Street Fight.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Furious rockabilly guy is the breakout character of this season of Guys.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Chris sounded genuinely unnerved after Brace did a cold reading of his barber by describing every rockabilly guy lmao.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

gently caress I hope somebody screenshotted the furious rockabilly dude, he's done an old-fashioned dirty delete, daddy-o.

https://twitter.com/wanderlustpdx/status/1717294964650946779

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Somebody else screenshotted the initial tweet, so I hacked it into a screenshot of the whole thread

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Goddammit Mancow is legendary. DB learning about him is incredible.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Audiophile Guys lived up to the hype, I was hootin' and hollerin' at the prices. The Brilliant Pebbles are the best, I think.

Bouillon Rube posted:

just now getting into Guys and lmao at Bryan’s progression throughout “Cheap guys”

I consider myself a very cheap guy
well except for the legos and the streetwear
I get my apartment’s electric bill to $460 in the summer by keeping the thermostat at 60
I’m not the kind of guy who thinks about the impact on bills when making decisions

Cheap Guys is a real Bryan Quinby lore dump episode, it's fantastic.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

In case anyone's curious that's over 2000 calories and 1 (one) cup of pure sugar.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

If you make such a video I will share it to the Guys Discord.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Then you know what you must do.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Jesse Thorn was great.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

We've all been there.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Specifically, he claimed to have once laid out across the doorway on his belly with his feet outside to talk with someone while avoiding removing his shoes.

I now formally believe that everyone in Ohio is just like Bryan.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Drunkboxer posted:

That can’t possibly be true, can it?

Kenning posted:

https://twitter.com/murderxbryan/status/1715826313674518654

Becoming increasingly convinced that "Bryan Quinby" is a comic persona like Andy Kaufman or Joe Pera, and Guys is just his attempt to make it more obvious after nobody realized it on Street Fight.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I'm still pro Chris, I think he occasionally gets out over his skis with the running bits but generally he's quite funny.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Holy poo poo the Mancow show with Sebastian Gorka is unreal.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Oh my god, this is some of the most deranged audio I've ever heard. This is better than the Milo Yiannopoulos interview.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Luv 2 fuk on my pasta-pedic mattress

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Whoolighams posted:

boy I do not care for Reacher Roundtable and wish the good show, Guys+, was in its place

The intro music sorta goes, tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

The Greaseman remains undefeated.