Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

just now getting into Guys and lmao at Bryan’s progression throughout “Cheap guys”

I consider myself a very cheap guy
well except for the legos and the streetwear
I get my apartment’s electric bill to $460 in the summer by keeping the thermostat at 60
I’m not the kind of guy who thinks about the impact on bills when making decisions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Keep imagining Lady Jessica urging Paul to “use the voice” and then Paul starts yelling in AAVE like a Cool White Youth Pastor

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Kinda disappointed that there isn't a Korn fansite called KornHub

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

killhamster posted:

Kinda disappointed with the guitar guys episode, there’s so much goofy poo poo guitar guys buy into (related to audiophile snake oil) and instead all we got was some tame forum slapfights.

I fell like the more mainstream ones tend to be kind of tame honestly, like especially with the internet almost everyone listening to the podcast is at least somewhat familiar with Weed Guys or Guitar Guys or Prog Rock Guys

The best eps are for the weird self contained communities that don’t really leak into the mainstream internet consciousness like bowling and nudism and dudes getting hosed up on nutmeg

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Rollercoaster guys guest has a really weird ms krabaple cackle

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

https://www.npr.org/2024/02/21/1232823998/a-colorado-man-is-dead-after-a-pet-gila-monster-bite

One of the venomous lizards was named Potato. Get it? Hot Potato? *epically begins exhibiting symptoms, vomiting several times and eventually passing out and ceasing to breathe*

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

hadji murad posted:

If any guest has listened to an episode they’ve heard Chris say it already. It just stops the flow every time.

I’ll keep listening.

idk the story about an Alaskan Airlines flight attendant forcing Brian to sit next to the lavatory “because he looked crazy” will never not be funny to me

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

killhamster posted:

Another one that fell flat for me, maybe because I know too much about crypto guys and buttcoins.

honestly they didn’t even talk about crypto that much which is fine since there isnMt much else to say about crypto guys in 2024. But aside from that the guest had a weird vibe and was off putting

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Brace mentioned watch guys breifly and that absolutely deserves an episode imo; some of the goofiest mfs around

The quantity of “post pics of your watch in extremely specific circumstances” threads on watch forums is astounding; my favorite is this guy who has literally posted entire pages of himself wearing his Rolex while pointing at his old Accord in the “Post pics of your Rolex with your car” thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Billy Gnosis posted:

This was the most "wait, what?" moment from the episode to me, and it wasn't a Bryan or Brace reveal.

close tie between that and the convenince store clerk known to sell cigs and liquor to 12 year olds