Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
My favorite guy is the Yelp Guy who hates cold water and pulsating rock beats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Posting about the yelp guy made me think of a bunch of other guys in competition for Top Guy which is impressive for a comedy podcast where you can easily just forget the new episode after you chuckle at it. My Guys ranking

1. Yelp Guy who Hates Cold Water/Pulsating Rock Beats
2. David the Shark
3. Loss Prevention Guy Who Sits in Parking Lots Reminiscing
4. Michael Noland
5. The Autograph Guy Who Got Scammed
6. Guy Who Wants to Know What Happened to Stan's House While They Live on the Pot Farm
7. Count Jackula (Also Least Favorite Guy)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Kenning posted:

Holy poo poo today's Guys+ is off the charts.

I'll have to give it a shot, Chris has been really annoying me lately talking over guests and hijacking the show so I haven't really bothered with Guys+ but I am excited by more Tony K.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

metachronos posted:

My friends would call it "warmahams" sometimes so I thought it was a reference to that lmaoo.

Honestly you could probably do an entire series about warhammer guys.

What is the origin of David The Shark?

David the Shark is a guy who posts on LinkedIn to try and become friends with billionaires. Bryan was having trouble finding sales guys so he asked our group DM for help and I told him to go look at the people in Grant Cardone's mentions and sent him some screenshots, he found David the Shark from there.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

lonelylikezoidberg posted:

This podcast is fun but it is shocking how little knowledge Chris James and Bryan have about any and every subject, but they're from Canada and Ohio so I guess its not all their fault.

Bryan's gimmick of being a lovable oaf is very funny but when Chris James isn't bearing overbearing it's pretty funny how he is quick to jump on Bryan's flubs while being clueless himself. I remember listening to Shocktober Season 2 and Chris going after how bad various shock jock prank calls are and how they don't know how to peak jokes and thinking "that's true, I should give his prank show a shot."

And then you listen to NEAS and his pranks are just about as unsophisticated as your average shock jock prank call. He sets up these elaborate traps for chuds and just doesn't do very much original with them. Not on the level of This is Pharmacist, obviously. Nothing is that good.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The Ghoul posted:

Chris doing comedy is another bit like Bryan being a sex guy, right?
The amount of riffing he kills with :actually: is really grating. He's trying to force bits way too hard and running them into the ground really quickly. I know there's already been feedback about speeding up guests on bits and teasing Bryan so much, but that doesn't address that he interrupts clips constantly and is just a joke killer. He's like an anti-co-host.

The flow of Guys, and especially Guys+, seems like a downgrade compared to the Street Fight Patreon episodes with Bryan and rotating guests. I don't know if it's because Chris' background as a streamer, but it feels like he's trying to be the focus of the show.

This sucks since I thought they worked really well together on Reacher Roundtable.

Chris is very overbearing. He wants to get his bits in and will talk over the guests and clips to do it. Just calm down man, you are the co-host of the show, let Bryan play the Opie clip, or let the guest actually talk about the Guy on Guys.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

i would mind chris less if he was funny or knew literally anything. its amazing how every single subject that comes up he seems to have never even heard of despite pushing 40

I think he's just playing this up sometimes, the new Shocktober is night and day from how Chris usually is on Shocktober, and more enjoyable because he wants to hear the clips and and have fun making fun of the Greaseman instead of just complaining how bad it is. He was even willing to listen to Opie.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I was thinking about how I hope we get another Leykis episode this year (even though I know we won't) and it occurred to me that no piece of audio has ever become seared into my brain the way one Leykis clip has been. I can remember the clip of the guy asking Tom about how his wife wouldn't let him start a band and the stretch of Route 24 I was driving on, what I was doing, everything. It's like the Kennedy Assassination or the Moon Landing.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Was expecting Opie, Bubba and Mancow to round out Shocktober, excited for Bob and Tom instead of Opie/in addition to.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
You should all stop calling him a Rockabilly Guy.

https://twitter.com/wanderlustpdx/status/1717253861142896950

https://twitter.com/wanderlustpdx/status/1717252675362836746

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Easter Joe.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Generally agree that Chris interrupts the guest too much and makes it harder for them to get into the topic but I do think the 40K episode got into the Guys aspect of it perfectly even if we didn't get an in depth look at 40K itself. The wedding invite is one of the more memorable guys.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Mancow is a bad friend.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Kenning posted:

Oh my god, this is some of the most deranged audio I've ever heard. This is better than the Milo Yiannopoulos interview.

There is more deranged Mancow audio, but this is the most humiliating.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/VerbAbrams/status/1732920168324763714

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
When Chris complained about Bryan reading stuff about Warhammer he sounded so much like Opie going to the phones because other people were being funny.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Cable News Guys is up, I honestly thought it already happened because Bryan had been talking about it so much. Has to be a good one.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Chris interrupting Bryan to say no one remembers an old movie like The Truman Show's ending to then say "wait I remember" and then needing the guest to explain the joke to him was the kind of content you can only get on Guys. Incredible.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Androies posted:

The Jeep Guys episode leaked into my subconscious or something because I woke up from a dream where somebody had a mug that read "The best thing about me is my wife. The second best thing is my 96' Ford Bronco with full lift kit and offroading tires."

Them not knowing Fiat owns Chrysler was a wonderful little detail.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

little munchkin posted:

Thinking about the time that Bryan and Chris had the co-host of the Bubba The Love Sponge on as a guest and when they asked him if he had any plugs at the end the guest said he wanted to give a shout out to the libertarian party.

I like that this went from a slightly boring interview with a funny plug at the end in reality to over time them thinking it was this huge disaster.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Reacher rules but I have no need to listen to a podcast about it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I thought Guitar Guys was really great, first time Chris has ever told two jokes that made me laugh in an episode.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Bryan mentioned this in the woods a few weeks ago since he didn't think anyone would see it, but he wrote a very heartfelt description for the anniversary episode:

quote:

We have been doing it for 1 full year we decided to have Mike come and make fun of me for collecting Legos, this week is a super sized guys for the 1 year anniversary!

I know that we said Tom would be here and but he got stuck in the airport!

Thank you to everyone that supports the show, we really appreciate it, 1 year ago, launching this show was so scary to me and I want to thank a few people.

Chris, of course but also:

Chapo Trap House for having me on a few times to promote, Jon Gabrus for coming on episode 3 and the doughboys for doing a very early episode, Mike and Jesse from Your Kickstarter sucks for coming on like a million times and the guys from P*****o Time who had me on the show to promote very early on. Stefan and John from Blocked Party for always jumping in to help if we have a cancellation, Drew Spears for helping me get my archive and Tom Sexton for always being on the show. All of the guests that came on to a show that most of them have no idea what it is! My friends from the woods who were there during my meltdown. And again, I cannot overstate this enough, Thank you to Chris for doing this show and making it fun and encouraging me to try new things in my career. Katy and Gwen for living the lifestyle we did before this show took off and for never blaming me for us being broke even though I was probably the cause.

There is much more Chris at twitter.com/thecjs and of course https://www.patreon.com/notevenashow

And for more Guys content, streams and SHOCKTOBER: a deep dive into shock jocks you can click patreon.com/murderxbryan twitter.com/murderxbryan and twitch.tv/murderxbryan

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Wolfsheim posted:

beer guys is truly depressing to me because being an alcoholic is sad but being an alcoholic redditor is some kind of incredible new low i hadn't considered

Maybe if you had listened to the show you would understand the virtues of drinking alone.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TheMightyBoops posted:

Wasn’t Jack Reacher a tv show no one watched from like 4 years ago?

No, it was a movie much longer ago than that. Reacher is a well loved Amazon Original.

Gutshot is good. Although I guess it depends on the quality of the guest.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I like that Chris was convinced that the micro stakes tables he was playing online were all full of people colluding against him.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Chris not knowing what Return of the Living Dead was another great Movie Guy moment.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Kenning posted:

It's important for every podcast to have at least one (1) complete moron on a mic. The moron stands in for the cretinous listener. Bryan seems like the natural podcaster moron, but because of his roll as host and researcher, he's unfortunately weirdly erudite and knows a lot of stuff, so it falls to Chris to be the everyman buffoon

It's much better when the dumb guy on the podcast is oblivious to the fact he is the dumb guy and thinks the other guy is the dumb guy.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The screenshotter can screenshot that I actually think Chris has done a good job talking over the guests less and paring it down to one or two running gags a show which really lets things flow nicely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
On top of Brace this was one of the funniest types of guys in ways I did not expect.