Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER

hadji murad posted:

Not that people should use Twitter, but there was an amazing thread by (I believe) Great Moments in Something Awful History that consolidated the whole da Joos thread from TCC. A lot of goons died.

There's a pod about da joose too: Part 1, Part 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER

Drunkboxer posted:

I never listened to Street Fight so I wasn’t familiar with Bryan but his terrible taste in music and alcohol made me an instant fan.

He’s got a whole other show that’s just about nu-metal and I love it

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER

Drunkboxer posted:

I could have sworn that I heard about the spaghetti monster thing earlier than 2006, like in the late 90s. My memory is probably just scrambled I guess

I started seeing it on LiveJournal in like 2002 or 2003, it was the edgy internet atheist thing at the time, and I was absolutely one of them, but the FSM nonsense was just too dumb to get on board with.

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER
Was he wearing the wrestling singlet when it happened

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER
Enjoring a nice Jell-O shot in my 58° house.

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER
That part’s also wild to me. I worked on construction sites with a buddy and we had one mp3 CD player that survived for years of sawdust and getting kicked around until we replaced it with one iPod shuffle that kept going until smartphones became a thing. Bryan had to have been smashing them with hammers or something.

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER
I love that in each episode we get another weird peek into Bryan's life and personality. The confusion at his wife not wanting him to be sweaty with his shoes on in the bed really killed me.

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER
Looking forward to hearing Felix on Guys, sounds like they were discussing what ep he'd guest on as it faded out.

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER
Kinda disappointed with the guitar guys episode, there’s so much goofy poo poo guitar guys buy into (related to audiophile snake oil) and instead all we got was some tame forum slapfights.

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER

Wild EEPROM posted:

i hope the crypto guys guest is molly white

i kept trying to tell Bryan to feature Ed Zitron for it

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER
how are we gen alpha we're all as old as Bryan

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER
Another one that fell flat for me, maybe because I know too much about crypto guys and buttcoins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER

Boco_T posted:

Over on the PODKast you get a lot of 18 year old Bryan lore including “we used to hang out in the street and run an extension cord out from the house to an electric griddle so we could make grilled cheese in the street”

This and his plans to get rich and famous just so he could buy his parents' house and kick them out of it were fantastic.