Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Yeah, I love Bryan, but Chris makes Guys an "if the week's theme grabs me I'll tune in" podcast for me. Like okay, it was funny that nothing Merritt is saying makes sense to you the first three times, but maybe it'd make more sense if you'd let her finish saying it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
The weird part is I feel like they were pretty fair to Rockabilly Guys. Like they went out of their way to say "not nearly as many of these guys are racists as you'd think" and the episode ends with all three of them concluding that they're basically fine

Johnny Landmine fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Oct 26, 2023

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
I don't think I've ever wanted to know anything as badly as I want to know who Chris' barber is.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
I'm sorry for any bad stuff I said about Chris before. He's growing on me and was in fine form on Halloween Guys

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Yeah, how well his stuff lands really depends on the guest. Like I thought he was really funny in the Halloween and Chive episodes but I got mad at how he kept cutting off Merritt before she got to the real wacky stuff in the 40K episode. He kept trying to do it with the Rockabilly episode but there Brace just steamrolled him like "no, you're going to learn about this" which made it way funnier, though.

The real tragedy of the 40K episode was that if he'd given Merritt a little more breathing room, we might have gotten a beleaguered Chris trying to talk Bryan out of buying a 40K army

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
One day Chris is going to flub while explaining what a flub is to the guest and it is going to be glorious

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

HootTheOwl posted:

Is this podcast good?
They're about to do Lego guys and I'm rapidly becoming a Lego guy but I think he's going to make fun of me.
Blame x, for shoving him into my face

Bryan is a Lego Guy himself so you'll have a brother guy leading the show, which is a luxury most of the other Guys they've covered do not have. Unless you're one of those Lego Guys who posts photos of their dicks on their lego for some reason. Then you might get caught in the crossfire

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Wallvorine

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Guys "To Go" edition where they cut out all the stories and references they tell every guest every episode and it clocks in at a slim 40 minutes

Johnny Landmine fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Mar 7, 2024

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
I don't mind the stories, I just don't need the same stories repeated word for word in every episode

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
The megaphone FLUB FLUB FLUB chant at the end was delightful.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
I don't think I've knowingly heard him anywhere before but I thought he was good. He didn't have any particular connection to the crypto stuff, but the people I know who do make me think that's probably for the better when it comes to Good Radio

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
I don't mean this to dogpile on Chris or anything but on the "it's better when the dumb guy thinks the other guy is the dumb guy" tip, I definitely cackled when he revealed that he thought "character voice" meant the guy writing the amazon review was making up actual voices for book characters to talk in

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

Androies posted:

Pretty impressive that Bryan's stories from his childhood even got Brace "I was sent to a torture camp for teens" Belden being like "dude where did you go to school??"

The part about how they weren't allowed doors on the toilet stalls at Bryan's school floored me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
There's an interesting dimension of "why would you want to be one of us if you don't have to be?" to a lot of the comments they make that you don't get with other Guys