Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

mark immune posted:

my neighbor's ex-dog frightened me

be very very careful...

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i was pissed my partner made me go camping the weekend i got zelda so i flung my sleeping bag open really hard in annoyance but i forgot i hid my nintendo switch in there to play in the night. it shot out and busted her lip and chipped her front tooth. i'm finally getting some time to play at this emergency dentist office but my kids won't stop crying on the lobby floor and i'm out of quarters for snacks

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

lobster shirt posted:

oh i know where it is i just want to see the specific one its based on lol (if such a thing exists...)

it's an amalgamation/frankenstein

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

smarxist posted:

i was pissed my partner made me go camping the weekend i got zelda so i flung my sleeping bag open really hard in annoyance but i forgot i hid my nintendo switch in there to play in the night. it shot out and busted her lip and chipped her front tooth. i'm finally getting some time to play at this emergency dentist office but my kids won't stop crying on the lobby floor and i'm out of quarters for snacks

why would you admit to this

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
someone summarize

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
smarxist is laying bait for the great clown detective

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

My wish lives in the future.

Cuttlefush posted:

it's an amalgamation/frankenstein

A pastiche

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

Badactura posted:

A pastiche

not quite the right intention for pastiche i think

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

Cuttlefush posted:

Just let me have this

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

Badactura posted:

Just let me have this

all right. pastiche then

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

Cuttlefush posted:

all right. pastiche then

Thank you

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
I'll have the pastichnitzel sandwich thanks

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler
Absent the Biden stuff this is just standard "this is what goons are like" stuff from the past... Twenty fuckin years. Crotchspawn = immoral to reproduce, redpill = crackping, this is all so tiresome, time is a flat circle

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler
the COVID stuff is just social anxiety! This sucks poo poo! gently caress you OP!

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
the circle is now closed with the meta complaint

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Cuttlefush posted:

it's a pastis

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
much to consider

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

pastitsio is the finest of all casseroles

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

it's pretty good

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

IMO people talking about how terrible climate change will be are simply revealing that they don't actually believe it, deep down (or at least that they don't fully grasp it).

As someone who is actually very deeply scared of some sort of societal collapse like that, I reflexively just never think about it. I couldn't think seriously about it even if I wanted to. It's filed in the "I will die someday" mental category.

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

Ytlaya posted:

IMO people talking about how terrible climate change will be are simply revealing that they don't actually believe it, deep down (or at least that they don't fully grasp it).

As someone who is actually very deeply scared of some sort of societal collapse like that, I reflexively just never think about it. I couldn't think seriously about it even if I wanted to. It's filed in the "I will die someday" mental category.

perhaps other people aren't so afraid of dying!

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

lobster shirt posted:

oh i know where it is i just want to see the specific one its based on lol (if such a thing exists...)

While getting riled up about all the problems in the world over lunch last Thurs I told my mom I would want to see anyone with more than $5 million to be separated either from all their excess money or else their necks, and she said that sounded like something Hitler had done with his SS forces back in WWII

I told her hitler's kristallnacht against the jews and the french revolution are not even remotely the same thing, and that capitalism's current destruction of the planet is the result of her entire generation having lead poisoning, as evidenced by how they rolled over for Bush II in 2000 instead getting the guy who made the "An Inconvenient Truth" documentary. I was livid

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

Cuttlefush posted:

While getting riled up about all the problems in the world over lunch last Thurs I told my mom I would want to see anyone with more than $5 million to be separated either from all their excess money or else their necks, and she said that sounded like something Hitler had done with his SS forces back in WWII

I told her hitler's kristallnacht against the jews and the french revolution are not even remotely the same thing, and that capitalism's current destruction of the planet is the result of her entire generation having lead poisoning, as evidenced by how they rolled over for Bush II in 2000 instead getting the guy who made the "An Inconvenient Truth" documentary. I was livid

:sever: her head from her shoulders, imo

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

i refuse to talk about politics or religion or anything irl, i save all that hate for online :angel:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

mark immune posted:

perhaps other people aren't so afraid of dying!

They just don't properly appreciate what true suffering is (and any death caused by climate change is likely to be drawn out and preceded by tons of suffering).

It's a sort of distant cousin to the mindset that makes people excited about a zombie apocalypse, where the feeling (though in this case it's more of a vague nihilism) requires that someone be incapable of accurately imagining what it'd actually be like.

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

Ytlaya posted:

They just don't properly appreciate what true suffering is (and any death caused by climate change is likely to be drawn out and preceded by tons of suffering).

It's a sort of distant cousin to the mindset that makes people excited about a zombie apocalypse, where the feeling (though in this case it's more of a vague nihilism) requires that someone be incapable of accurately imagining what it'd actually be like.

ok man whatever you say

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

was wearing my Nike workout shoes and a lib at the gym said I should look at getting another brand because Nike uses Uigher slave labor so I began educating him about Western propaganda and Adrian Zenz, how re-education is not a concentration camp, etc. then he kicked me in the nuts

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

my bony fealty posted:

was wearing my Nike workout shoes and a lib at the gym said I should look at getting another brand because Nike uses Uigher slave labor so I began educating him about Western propaganda and Adrian Zenz, how re-education is not a concentration camp, etc. then he kicked me in the nuts

getting owned is praxis

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

my bony fealty posted:

scratch a lib and a fascist starts bleeding, many such cases

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

my bony fealty posted:

I don't know you, that's my narrative

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

tried to avoid having my neighbor say hi to me by walking by quickly looking down but it failed

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
5 years ago the factory I worked at hired a new production manager who was black. One of my coworkers said he wouldn't work for a n-word. I flipped put and yelled at him and he yelled at me. Our lead calmed us down and eventually I got called into HR. The HR lady and production manager told me regardless of what the coworker said me getting angry and hollering at him was unprofessional and I needed to watch myself. The other guy never got in trouble.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
I went to a spa today with my friend and it was nice, I got to do a hot tub plunge followed by a cold plunge. Living in the imperial core rules

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

Megamissen posted:

tried to avoid having my neighbor say hi to me by walking by quickly looking down but it failed

i should also add that i thought i had gotten away with it and he said hello as we passed, so i got stratled and only managed to get out like a third of a hello

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Nobody has better respect for intelligence than Donald Trump.

Twisting the language more than "officer-associated bullet allegedly strikes someone" to obscure that the villian in the story is the poster's dad

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

QUEER FRASIER posted:

well predictably enough my [chud] sister is once again trying to convince me to travel (lol, lmao) out to dad's funeral. Her reasoning basically read like the pre-amble to a Biden administration executive order making coal-rolling mandatory for all pick up trucks, if they let Kamala write it. Among the "points" she thinks she made:

- Manipulatively claimed the funeral could help the family reach closure. I respectfully reminded her that our 'parents' never sought my consent before bringing me into this hosed up toilet world, and that the acceptance that our ecosystem is 5-10 years from mass death and total collapse is all the closure I need. Go figure this only made her more hysterical.

-Tried to gotcha me by claiming her kids haven't seen me in four years and don't remember that they have an uncle. I calmly noted that I have always found her child-bearing immoral but have tried to hold my tongue about her ghoulish transformation into a full-blown eugenicist genocidaire.

- Claimed to be "really seriously concerned" about the climate yet demanded to know "how long I'm going to live like this." I was eventually able to recover my composure enough to remind her that the cruelty is the point, before settling into the disturbing realization that this is what an un-crack ping'd brain looks like

- As a final chef's kiss she concluded by trying to claim that she "loves me" and "is just really concerned and wants the best for me." At this point I just loving let her have it. I told her in no uncertain terms that this is straight out of the first page in the emotional abuse playbook and that unfortunately for her I know all those plays like the back of my hand. I told her her behavior has shown that treats and mass death are all she actually loves, and she'll hoover up and brainlessly repeat anything and everything that the Biden administration puts out to launder their campaign of social murder.

Sorry for the length of this post, this interaction genuinely made me feel like I'm the crazy one for a split second there, and I'm very thankful to have a community of folks who actually have their eyes open

next time you need to remind her we are still in a loving pandemic. were they even going to be wearing N95s at this superspreader event?

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

went into the local asian mart for the first time to buy a bottle of rice vinegar but i was very nervous and tried to blip with my id card instead of my debit card

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
i love cspam because half the threads are just "everyone (except me) in this forum is a brain damaged weirdo"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
i've got a mortgage, three kids, 2 dogs, a harley, 4 car payments, and a wife who is actively empty our saving so she can hire a hitman to kill me, and I vote