Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

...but you can't pet the dog? :smith:

No, that was neat, it really went some places. Thanks for putting in the effort, it was a good watch/read of something I'd never get to see on my own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Thank you for the narration. A lot of what happens in this map would be difficult to piece together without it.

Also… yet another new map! :psyduck:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Biggest contender for next GDQ - Myhouse.wad Lawnmower% UV

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

M_Gargantua posted:

Biggest contender for next GDQ - Myhouse.wad Lawnmower% UV

lord i hope not. Meme or otherwise, it really would not do it justice to be speedrun.

sb hermit posted:

Thank you for the narration. A lot of what happens in this map would be difficult to piece together without it.

Also… yet another new map! :psyduck:

I tried to put together something that would make a little bit of sense to tie everything together. there's still a little more to come, then some fun technical stuff.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

Captain Hygiene posted:

...but you can't pet the dog? :smith:

No, that was neat, it really went some places. Thanks for putting in the effort, it was a good watch/read of something I'd never get to see on my own.

You can't, but the dog only shows up if you don't attack it inside the brutalist house. If you kill the bad doggie, (cerberus), the good doggie also dies, and vice versa. that's why i made the scene that much more tense by dodging around the bad doggie (that's really what it's called, if you die to it, you get the message 'Bad doggies are bad doggies!") instead of taking the easy road and just killing it. That's no fun, and i would never have lived it down.

a little behind the scenes stuff too, while i'm at it.

Best buddy (Good doggie): Hp 25. For reference, a basic zombieman has 20 hp.
Bad Doggie: 3000 hp.

Childhood Nightmare (Shrek shadow): 1,000 hp.

Hellfish (the awful fish inside the swimming pool) Also 1,000 hp, and when it dies....it turns into 12 mini hellfish that all do a ton of damage! Yeah, don't try to fight it.

Now for the fun stuff:

Mirror Vile (black Archvile): HP:.... 5000000 :psyduck: That's as much hp as 1,250 cyberdemons.

Skinstealer (The thing that murdered the poo poo out of us in the backrooms): HP: 9999999999 that's 10 billion hp. Just for fun, i did the math. if you used the chainsaw and just held the button down, and left the game going, with god mode on, and just for the sake of the math, the skinstealer being in contact to take damage from it with 100% uptime...it would take you nearly 3 YEARS of nonstop attacks, on average to kill it. :science:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Thats why you use the blessing cannon on it.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

Episode 6: burning down the house.

So. We did everything. We collected all the artifacts, to ensure we could go to the final fight. So...what happens if we torch the place anyway? Well...Largely the same thing as if you did it from the start, but with onetwo major difference(s).

we can open the secret door in the fence anyway, and it leads us to...this quiet little gravesite. and that QR code on the grave... leads Here...

:psyboom:
Oh, and the plane isn't there because it already took off, so it just dumps you right into the house. :v:

And with that, consider the embargo on spoilers lifted. there's still a few little odds and ends that i'll be showing off, but for now, if you want to talk about That Book, go buck wild. Also did you find all the easter eggs i left in the thread? There are a couple here and there.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Aishlinn posted:

Best buddy (Good doggie): Hp 25. For reference, a basic zombieman has 20 hp.

Aishlinn posted:

Episode 6: burning down the house.

:smith:

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

Yeah i know. i'm a monstercompletionist, had to show it off :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Do a lawnmower run for completionists sake, just because it's a meme doesn't mean it's not an intended way to experience it