Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Two weeks until the start of the season so I'm opening up the most anticipated contest in all of sports, the :siren:TRP Sack Race:siren:

THE RULES

Pick the Premier League manager you think is going to lose their job first. ALSO for an extra chance at a prize tell me how many managers in total are going to be sacked from the Premier League this season.

A 'sacking' for the purposes of this contest include a resignation, a parting by mutual consent, 'stepping down' etc. Leaving a job to take the inevitable Saudi money does not count. Roy Hodgson finally crumbling into dust on the touchline due to the ravages of time does not count.

These are the managers you can choose from:

Arsenal - Mikel Arteta
Aston Villa - Unai Emery
Bournemouth - Andoni Iraola
Brentford - Thomas Frank
Brighton - Roberto de Zerbi
Burnley - Vincent Kompany
Chelsea -Mauricio Pochettino
Crystal Palace - Roy Hodgson
Everton - Sean Dyche
Fulham - Marco Silva
Liverpool - Jürgen Klopp
Luton Town - Rob Edwards
Man City - Pep Guardiola
Man United - Erik ten Hag
Newcastle - Eddie Howe
Nottingham Forest - Steve Cooper
Sheffield United - Paul Heckingbottom
Tottenham - Ange Postecoglou
West Ham - David Moyes
Wolves - Julen Lopetegui

A powerful line-up this season and I can't see any dead certs for first sacking. Just typing it out made me remember Luton loving Town are in the prem this season lmao

If you correctly select the first manager to get sacked (or you correctly guess the total number of sackings at the end of the season) you will either win this gangtag:

Or one of the other TRP ones if you've already got one. Or a new av if you think gangtags are fail.

Last season we had a league record 14 sackings, which was either a ridiculous statistical outlier or a chilling portent of things to come. You decide.

the sex ghost fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Jul 28, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
In Memoriam - Managers we lost this season

Julen Lopetegui (Wolves) - sacked 8th August*

Paul 'Hecky' Heckingbottom (Sheffield United) - sacked 2nd December

Steve 'Pooper' Cooper (Nottingham Forest) - sacked 19th December

Roy 'The Boy' Hodgson (Crystal Palace) - sacked stepped down 19th February

*sacked before season started, not included in sack race but added here for the record

the sex ghost fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Feb 19, 2024

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
big disrespect to kompany in the op imho

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Think it will be a toss up between spurs and chelsea making the stupidest possible decision but I think Spurs will poo poo themselves when they don't immediately race up the league and will sack Big Ange before the end of September. There will be 9 total sackings this season

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Eau de MacGowan posted:

big disrespect to kompany in the op imho

Stitched up by autocorrect, I'll never recover from this

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Steve cooper and 11 total

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
anyway i picked steve cooper last year and i’ll pick him again, and i reckon the fear of saudi poaching will reduce the number of sackings to 6

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Eddie Howe will be the first of 12

Loving Africa Chaps fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Jul 28, 2023

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Eight total sackings, Marco Silva will be the first to go

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
David Moyes and 9 sackings

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Steve Cooper. 10 Sackings

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Davey Moyes, 12 total

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Lopetegui and 11

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Fat Ange first when ENIC discover that Timothy Tams (£35k/ week) isn’t actually a player

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

the sex ghost posted:

Think it will be a toss up between spurs and chelsea making the stupidest possible decision but I think Spurs will poo poo themselves when they don't immediately race up the league and will sack Big Ange before the end of September. There will be 9 total sackings this season

Spurs are going to start very badly and concede poo poo loads of goals but...

I'm going to go with Bournemouth sacking Iraola sharpish.

13 sackings I reckon when you account for clubs sacking multiple managers

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

My vote goes to Julen Lopetegui, and a record breaking 16 (sixteen) sackings

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Lopetegui and 12 total sackings

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
12 sackings with Steve Cooper the first to go

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Moyes and 7

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Iraola will lead off the sackings of 10 managers

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Lopetegui and 10

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
I'm going for the sheer irony of a postie being given the sack and going for Postecoglou and an unlucky 13 total firings.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Paul Heckingbottom and 11 sackings on the season

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

David Moyes will lead the line of eight (8) sackings in the Barclaycard English Premiereship

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
Everton will continue their rich history of making GBS threads the bed and Sean Dyche won’t be able to… worm his way out of losing his job. Did you see what I did there? He will be the first of 12 (twelve) sackings this season.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Brentford will have a rough start and Frank (Thomas ver. not Fat ver.) will go because people running PL clubs are insane and Brentford's lot have masqueraded as level-headed for too long.

11 total.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
David Moyes will be the first of 9

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
When did Gary O'Neill get sacked

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.
It will be Pochettino, and a total of 10 managers sacked. (2 of which will be Chelsea managers)

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Ange Postecoglou the first of seventeen (17) sacked managers.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

karmicknight posted:

seventeen (17)

vincemcmahon.gif

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Sean Dyche and 11 sackings

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

There will be 7 sackings. Four of them will be at Chelsea, and Mauricio Pochettino will get that bag.

Cart
Sep 28, 2004

They see me rollin...

An even 10 sackings this season Bob, with Paul Heckingbottom gone first as Sheffield get 1 pt from their opening 9 games.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Eddie Howe is going to get found out and will be the first of 8 sackings this season.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Julen Lopetegui - 6 total

Teva
Feb 22, 2007

David Moyes - 9 sackings

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Mauricio Pochettino will be the first to go, with 8 more to follow. So 9 total is my final answer.

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

Rob Edwards will be the first of 11.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Andoni Iraola will be the first of 15