Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

There will be 7 sackings. Four of them will be at Chelsea, and Mauricio Pochettino will get that bag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

kri kri posted:

Is this a real person

he played for Mansfield, so no

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

One day Phil Brown will return from the wilderness and we will sit together in a circle

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Jethro posted:

I know last season had a lot of sackings, but I'm shocked we've almost made it through October without a mid-season change. Did all the bad teams just expect to be bad, so no managers are that far behind on expectations?

Pretty much. Edwards and Heckingbottom aren't exactly setting out their stall to be the next Chelsea manager, but they did both massively overachieve in getting their teams promoted last season, and were rewarded by being told to go play Premier League football with a mid-table Championship squad (and in Heckingbottom's case, having his best players sold off for quick cash and not replaced).

Likely also helps that both of them are getting paid in pork and beans - I don't think either club would be prepared to pay Mourinho/Allardycio-level salary or that it would particularly improve their chances of staying up.

Burnley are the only one of the promoted teams I can see hitting the button, but Kompany has a lot of goodwill from last year, and not sure who they could get in who'd be better.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Nuclear Spoon posted:

Bournemouth are letting Iraola live until Burnley apparently

that's the worst remake of In Bruges that I've ever seen

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

the sex ghost posted:

*taps temple* can't get sacked if they can't find you

https://youtu.be/fCNUJ3RNgN0?si=ULDI8Wny2EkQhJn6

but it's a coked-up saudi prince with your p45

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

but yeah, I genuinely think that he only got the boot because he came out after the Burnley game and basically said "yeah, we sold our best player to these guys and didn't replace him, I don't know what you expected" instead of some platitude about taking everything one game at a time and needing to show character

and they've gone into the filofax and found a man who will in fact do those things, for money

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

remember that Cooper took over Forest when they were literally bottom of the Championship and then got them promoted that year for the first time in 25 years (some of which was spent in League One)

he could probably have lost every game for the rest of the season and not lost the fans, but I worry that if Nuno turns out to be a Beardy Fraud that they'll turn very quickly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

he can come back looking like Bane if they invent a version of football that doesn't require you to own knees