Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I was that kid who took literal years to figure out the boss key puzzle in Bottle Grotto. I'm pretty sure that I ground out the Rupees for the bow, bought it, and then got back to 999 Rupees before finally realizing what I had to do. In my defense, the Link's Awakening manual is one of the rare few that I managed to lose as a kid, so if I actually knew what the enemies were called I might have pieced it together far sooner than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Always good to get a refresher on this game every few years. The thing that I've never noticed until now (or just plain forgot) is how relatively clean and smooth Zelda's face is in all cutscenes, while everyone else in the game has at least one close-up where you can see the individual pores on their faces. In a game full of extremely jarring animation, that adds an extra layer of dissonance on top of everything else.

Also whoever said that the time lapse title cards in the intro had big Spongebob energy...extremely agreed.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I really like what they did with the music in that little beachside scene with Marin. That whole scene is incredibly sweet in a way that this series usually doesn't do.

And yeah there's a lot of silly things you can do with her, it's a shame that this is the only chance you get to have her follow you around. A bunch Three of the photos in the DX version can only be done with Marin in tow!

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Sep 14, 2023