Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Explopyro
Mar 18, 2018

Link's Awakening is a fantastic game and the remake is pretty good, but I have to admit I prefer the original/DX version. The remake mostly just felt weird to me, although I'll admit the quality of life changes are nice and it's a good thing for people who missed it to have a way to experience it.

(We won't speak of the, uh, new side mode thing.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Explopyro
Mar 18, 2018

C-Euro posted:

I was that kid who took literal years to figure out the boss key puzzle in Bottle Grotto. I'm pretty sure that I ground out the Rupees for the bow, bought it, and then got back to 999 Rupees before finally realizing what I had to do. In my defense, the Link's Awakening manual is one of the rare few that I managed to lose as a kid, so if I actually knew what the enemies were called I might have pieced it together far sooner than that.

Oh god, same. I replayed the beginning of the game to that point so many times because I had no idea how to get any farther, but I still liked the game and wanted to play it.

I knew what a Stalfos was because I'd played Ocarina of Time first, but I had no idea what "the imprisoned Pols Voice" in the clue meant: I'd been spoiled that the boss was a bottle genie so I assumed that phrase referred to it. And OoT had all those cryptic references to turning into a Stalfos in the Lost Woods, so I didn't think any mention of a Stalfos necessarily meant anything other than trying to be creepy. I eventually got my parents to buy me the strategy guide and felt pretty silly once I knew the clue was completely literal.