Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Hello football friends.

Camp is in full swing, there's a preseason game less than a week away, and football is in the air. That means it's time for me to once again rank the QBs. I think we know who the starting QB is for each team in the NFL with the possible exceptions of Tampa and Washington, but I think I have a good bead on those.

As always, this is not based on past accolades. Hurts and Mahomes are not 1 and 2 because they were in the superbowl. 2023 is a clean slate and this is how I see things entering the season, not how last season ended. We have a list for that, it's probably on page 2 or 3.

As always, Rookies go at the bottom as a rule. Looks like we'll have three of them opening the season this year, so don't worry, depending on performance, they will raise.

And just as a reminder, this list is fluid and will change based on how the season goes. The first update will be after week 4, then after week 8, then after week 12, and then a final ranking after week 18. Now without further adieu, here we go with the rankings.

1. Patrick Mahomes
2. Joe Burrow
3. Trevor Lawrence
4. Justin Herbert
5. Lamar Jackson
6. Aaron Rodgers
7. Josh Allen
8. Tua
9. Jalen Hurts
10. Derek Carr
11. Dak Prescott
12. Jared Goff
13. Rapist
14. Kirk Cousins
15. Matthew Stafford
16. Ryan Tannehill
17. Geno Smith
18. Russell Wilson
19. Justin Fields
20. Kenny Pickett
21. Daniel Jones
22. Brock Purdy
23. Jimmy Garappolo
24. Mac Jones
25. Sam Howell
26. Baker Mayfield
27. Desmond Ritter
28. Colt McCoy
29. Jordan Love
30. CJ Stroud
31. Bryce Young
32. Anthony Richardson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

a neat cape posted:

17. Geno Smith
18. Russell Wilson

:perfect:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

a neat cape posted:

Hello football friends.

Camp is in full swing, there's a preseason game less than a week away, and football is in the air. That means it's time for me to once again rank the QBs. I think we know who the starting QB is for each team in the NFL with the possible exceptions of Tampa and Washington, but I think I have a good bead on those.

As always, this is not based on past accolades. Hurts and Mahomes are not 1 and 2 because they were in the superbowl. 2023 is a clean slate and this is how I see things entering the season, not how last season ended. We have a list for that, it's probably on page 2 or 3.

As always, Rookies go at the bottom as a rule. Looks like we'll have three of them opening the season this year, so don't worry, depending on performance, they will raise.

And just as a reminder, this list is fluid and will change based on how the season goes. The first update will be after week 4, then after week 8, then after week 12, and then a final ranking after week 18. Now without further adieu, here we go with the rankings.

hello again. i'm glad to see my friend ranking the qbs in 2023.

quote:

1. Patrick Mahomes

Agree.

quote:

2. Joe Burrow

Agree.

quote:

3. Trevor Lawrence

High.

quote:

4. Justin Herbert

Low.

quote:

5. Lamar Jackson

Agree.

quote:

6. Aaron Rodgers

Agree.

quote:

7. Josh Allen

Agree.

quote:

8. Tua

Agree.

quote:

9. Jalen Hurts

Agree.

quote:

10. Derek Carr

Agree.

quote:

11. Dak Prescott

Agree.

quote:

12. Jared Goff

Agree.

quote:

13. Rapist

Agree.

quote:

14. Kirk Cousins

Agree.

quote:

15. Matthew Stafford

Agree.

quote:

16. Ryan Tannehill

Agree.

quote:

17. Geno Smith

Agree.

quote:

18. Russell Wilson

Agree.

quote:

19. Justin Fields

Agree.

quote:

20. Kenny Pickett

Agree.

quote:

21. Daniel Jones

Agree.

quote:

22. Brock Purdy

Agree.

quote:

23. Jimmy Garappolo

Agree.

quote:

24. Mac Jones

Agree.

quote:

25. Sam Howell

Agree.

quote:

26. Baker Mayfield

Agree.

quote:

27. Desmond Ritter

Agree.

quote:

28. Colt McCoy

Agree.

quote:

29. Jordan Love

Agree.

quote:

30. CJ Stroud

Agree.

quote:

31. Bryce Young

Agree.

quote:

32. Anthony Richardson

Agree.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

a conversation with bing.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Perfect rankings. No notes. Well done yet again.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
good morning ross

Captain No-mates
Apr 3, 2010

I came in ready to argue but every QB is where they should be. Thank you.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The one good QB ranking list on the internet.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

thank you

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I think Hurts should be higher but otherwise I agree with the rest.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
What happens when Geno gets two MVP votes this year?

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Only critique is I would put Geno ahead of tannehill but still behind Stafford.

Otherwise solid preseason list

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Thank you

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Thanks Ross. I didn't think you'd be so generous to a Broncos quarterback but I suppose it's a new day.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

He's done it again

How can one man be this correct every time

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Your contempt is just more fuel for Anthony Richardson's fire.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
further adieu

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Thank you SteelAngel2000.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Phobeste posted:

Thank you SteelAngel2000.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Goff feels a bit high to me, but maybe I just didn't watch enough Lions games last year. Other than that, seems fine. Glad Tanny got moved up a bit. Good list, Ross.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Nervous posted:

Your contempt is just more fuel for Anthony Richardson's fire.

All three rookies are at the bottom because they have yet to take a snap in a regular season game.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

1. Tua was among the worst QBs in the league the last few games he played in me thinks you rank him about 8 slots too high.

2. jimmy g is going to suck bad on the raiders

3. Derek Carr is about 5 spots too high.

4. I didnt realize colt mccoy is still in the league

5. rapist played as well as like sam howell did last year. I guess we're assuming he returns somewhat to form? I mean, i'd like to just put this into the world what if he's just permanently broken and the browns have to suffer for 4 years under that albatross of a contract, moral failing, and lost draft capital starting the rapist? Anyway, he should be 33.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

adaz posted:

1. Tua was among the worst QBs in the league the last few games he played in me thinks you rank him about 8 slots too high.

5. rapist played as well as like sam howell did last year. I guess we're assuming he returns somewhat to form? I mean, i'd like to just put this into the world what if he's just permanently broken and the browns have to suffer for 4 years under that albatross of a contract, moral failing, and lost draft capital starting the rapist? Anyway, he should be 33.

1. His brain was scrambled, I am projecting him to be closer to how he was early season last year.

2. I hope so but not TOO bad

3. I think carr has been underrated his entire career on this forum

4. Cardinals are a mess

5. I think rapist will play well. I hope he plummets.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Good list, great list

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

adaz posted:

Nope

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

adaz posted:

I have more conviction in #2 than anything else on this list, so I am curious to see how it works out. I always thought he was a below average QB supported by good coaching and surrounding talent, both in NE and SF.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Carr to Jimmy is an obvious downgrade and Carr got benched more than once if I remember right. The Raiders QB room this year is going to be a disaster, unmitigated.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

Carr to Jimmy is an obvious downgrade and Carr got benched more than once if I remember right. The Raiders QB room this year is going to be a disaster, unmitigated.

Carr was banished from the team. He was never benched for performance

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Just Saying poo poo

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Josh Allen should move up and push Lamar and Rodgers down a spot imo. Other than that, spot on basically

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Rogue Elephant posted:

Josh Allen should move up and push Lamar and Rodgers down a spot imo. Other than that, spot on basically
Yeah, the Bills offense was/is mediocre at best outside of Josh Allen and Stefon Diggs.
Last year, that included the scheming and play-calling.

Definitely agree Josh has a bad habit of hero-balling when frustrated, with sometimes disastrous results.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Eifert Posting posted:

The Raiders QB room this year is going to be a disaster, unmitigated.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Poor Desmond.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

my friend is going to rank the qbs again later

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

im going to rank the qbs on tuesday

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
ross what are your thoughts on future cardinals superstar clayton tune

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

kalensc posted:

Poor Desmond.

If anything a guy with that talent level going into the season as a presumptive starter means he has already punched far above his weight class.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
He looked pretty allright the one series he got against like 70% of the Bengals starting defense. It ended with an interception but the ball was on target and just got deflected straight up into the air.

I don't think he's necessarily going to wash out immediately. He strikes me as somebody who's going to stick around for a while, just maybe not as an established starter.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
SA2K, please let us know if yesterday's performances by Fields & Zach & Howell caused a notable shift in your anticipated quarter-season rankings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

kalensc posted:

SA2K, please let us know if yesterday's performances by Fields & Zach & Howell caused a notable shift in your anticipated quarter-season rankings.

They sure did!