Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

How dare you question the integrity of the Endsleigh Nationwide Coca-Cola npower Sky Bet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Reading want to try and sell their training ground to cover a £1m debt and avoid a 4th points deduction. Sending up the ken bates signal

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
REFEREE SUB???

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Is there a record for longest time between two goals in a match because Doidge just scored in the 1st and 93rd minutes for FGR

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

https://twitter.com/swfc/status/1767488724420506094

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

There is a horrible underlying atmosphere around the place at the minute.

The morons seem to have taken over. Around where I sit, on Friday night even describing the drug taking as an "open secret" would probably be overstating it - people just didn't give a poo poo. Too many absolutely yobs feeling enabled to go off however they like and use the football as an excuse.

Blaming the club's current ownership feels like excuse making, but I've been going for 30 years and we've been poo poo and skint for the vast majority of that time, and I've never felt as negative about the experience of going as I do at the minute. It legitimately feels like budgets around things like stewarding and ground safety have been slashed. I genuinely think you can feel the state of the club around the place.

We're a shambling zombie club and Danny Rohl can only carry only footballing positivity by himself for so long. There's clearly no money, certainly no hope, plan or direction, and the plummeting standards around literally everything else about the club have now seeped into the basic security and safety around the ground. If we get slapped with a game or two behind closed doors, the club probably deserves it and just add it to the list of our accomplishments under this charlatan.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/mar/14/reading-owner-dai-yongge-training-ground-sale-wycombe

Reading owner Dai Yongge sanctions training ground sale to rivals Wycombe

In an extraordinary statement on Sunday, Reading publicly put their Bearwood Park training base up for sale. It read: “Mr Dai is currently evaluating every option at present to secure sufficient funding new ownership is confirmed. In doing so, he is open to the sale of Bearwood Park, should an appropriate offer be received.”

Potential buyers for the club are understood to have withdrawn from proceeding with a sale when it became clear that the training ground would not be part of any deal. Monday’s statement said talks with potential owners were progressing but that “no single party has been granted exclusivity”.

Reading’s move into the £50m training facility in 2019 was supposed to signal their intent to return to the Premier League but they have been unable to overcome financial problems that began when they missed out on promotion to Huddersfield in 2017.

Wycombe have been searching for their own training facility since being priced out of a deal to buy the Marlow Road site they lease from a three-man consortium. They have trained on local 4G pitches when the facility in Marlow has been flooded and could move into Reading’s site in the summer.

“The parties are moving forward on an exclusive basis with the expectation of completion,” Wycombe said of talks with Reading. “In the interim, Wycombe hope that if a transaction completes it will provide Reading with necessary financial support to ensure that they are able to meet their ongoing financial obligations.”

Mikhail Lomtadze, a Georgian billionaire who resides in Kazakhstan, is believed to be an investor in Wycombe. It is thought Lomtadze will soon become a board member under the Wycombe owner, Rob Couhig.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

The reading situation seems exceptionally grim

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Inclined to say shame on Wycombe as well for capitalising on it.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
peak boro

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

Boro will have wanted to score from either of the two open net shot opportunities we had imo

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Would have been nice to get at least a point at home against the worst team in the league

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Not often you get humped 6-0 and it makes no difference.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Bumhead posted:

There is a horrible underlying atmosphere around the place at the minute.

The morons seem to have taken over. Around where I sit, on Friday night even describing the drug taking as an "open secret" would probably be overstating it - people just didn't give a poo poo. Too many absolutely yobs feeling enabled to go off however they like and use the football as an excuse.

Blaming the club's current ownership feels like excuse making, but I've been going for 30 years and we've been poo poo and skint for the vast majority of that time, and I've never felt as negative about the experience of going as I do at the minute. It legitimately feels like budgets around things like stewarding and ground safety have been slashed. I genuinely think you can feel the state of the club around the place.

We're a shambling zombie club and Danny Rohl can only carry only footballing positivity by himself for so long. There's clearly no money, certainly no hope, plan or direction, and the plummeting standards around literally everything else about the club have now seeped into the basic security and safety around the ground. If we get slapped with a game or two behind closed doors, the club probably deserves it and just add it to the list of our accomplishments under this charlatan.

Get your arse down the M18 and come watch Rovers with me one Saturday. I’ll tell you what it’s like to feel like you’re circling the drain for season after season lol. Also, could be worse at least you’re not Rotherham.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

https://twitter.com/JPercyTelegraph/status/1770873373528080573?t=mUeRWHBxUyd1rEFu5twdGw

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Big fan of the premier League profit and sustainability regulations, me

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

It’s amazing how well Man City’s “commit so many violations it takes a full decade to document them” strategy has worked out.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Thread title yet again living up to its name

https://twitter.com/TheAthleticFC/status/1772175588134154607?t=5z1guNz5scUR74Eb7QwUtQ&s=19

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Norwich City may not be doing that many Financial Crimes (that we know of), but our ex-sporting director is doing a racism by saying that Max Aarons, Jamal Lewis, Raheem Stirling and Jonathan Rowe would be in prison if they weren't footballers and Ashley Barnes is now banned from racecourses for unspecified reasons so that's fun at least.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Maresca is a bald fraud and a bottler of the highest order. Nobody quote this when Leeds manage to get beat later

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
middlesbrough is not immune to adam armstrong.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Which way to the non-league thread?

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

liam kitching two own goals lol

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Job done, enjoy the beach lads

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Always liked Southampton

Hull please for once, just one time, fail to turn up for your cup final

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

the sex ghost posted:

Always liked Southampton

Hull please for once, just one time, fail to turn up for your cup final

Dan James tek a boo, son

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
I still believe

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Thank you norwich city

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Zero thanks to Coventry City!!!

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Aww yeah mathematically safe baby you love to see it

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Finally some good fuckin results

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
By my completely objective rules based estimate Leeds should have had around 40 penalties in this match. Hope to never see this jobber ref again

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I just caught some of that game on a replay over lunch. I'm not even a Leeds fan and I think you were hard done by.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Don't be so selfish, he got himself a new car and a new boat with the proceeds from that match

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Just complete implosion. Baffling.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Blasmeister posted:

Just complete implosion. Baffling.

Leeds stacking up the world's biggest pile of get out of jail free cards and setting fire to them almost as quickly

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

I'd be enjoying the LOL of the promotion race a lot more if it didn't keep handing ridiculous points to relegation rivals at the bottom end.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

the sex ghost posted:

Leeds stacking up the world's biggest pile of get out of jail free cards and setting fire to them almost as quickly

Really need to switch the EPL/EFL thread titles

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

sebzilla posted:

Which way to the non-league thread?

For real, though :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

congrats to Wrexham getting promoted

Their Hollywood story continues