Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
YOU ARE NOT IMMUNE TO ADAM ARMSTRONG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

you are not immune to adam armstrong

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Patterson is loving 28 years old holy poo poo.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
folks, we're in.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Man(ager) of the Match Callum Paterson.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

karmicknight posted:

Patterson is loving 28 years old holy poo poo.

And here I thought Bannan was younger than him based on how they look

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
southampton just straight up ripping off the denmark 1986 kit, shameful stuff

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
9 minutes of stoppage time game's enog

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Eau de MacGowan posted:

southampton just straight up ripping off the denmark 1986 kit, shameful stuff

Hummel are making that one of their big headline templates this year, it’s kinda sad but what can you do

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Given that not a single player has learnt that kicking the ball away like a sneaky oval office now gets a booking I’m betting on over two in every game tomorrow.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Expected to get loving walloped so I’m not losing my poo poo about losing 2-1.

Some of the talent and ability in that Southampton team is silly for this level. When they got the ball down and started playing we couldn’t live with it. Looked every bit like a bunch of League One players meeting a Premier League team in The Championship. We’ll learn more about our prospects for the season in the next 2 games against Hull and Preston.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Wait, is this where I go now?

Apparently my team got sent to a lower league? Is this even legal? We are playing some town called 'Coventry' today, like that's even a real place. This all feels so wrong.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
you're playing coventry tomorrow my dude

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Concerning.

(I wrote that after looking at the fixture list and seeing the game listed as 'tomorrow'...and thought: its after midnight, thats just old data and they mean today! :negative:)

BUG JUG fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Aug 5, 2023

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Bumhead posted:

Expected to get loving walloped so I’m not losing my poo poo about losing 2-1.

Some of the talent and ability in that Southampton team is silly for this level. When they got the ball down and started playing we couldn’t live with it. Looked every bit like a bunch of League One players meeting a Premier League team in The Championship. We’ll learn more about our prospects for the season in the next 2 games against Hull and Preston.

positive night for wednesday. if palmer doesnt switch off we draw that one. delgado looked decent and our strategy of scoring with big bad bastards from set pieces paid off

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Breath Ray posted:

positive night for wednesday. if palmer doesnt switch off we draw that one. delgado looked decent and our strategy of scoring with big bad bastards from set pieces paid off

Like the look of Musaba too. Big strong lad with pace whose first instinct is to run at defenders. How long has it been since we had a player like that? Can’t wait to see him get going.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTj-5knBPu4

this guy is hit and miss but this video is pretty spot on in terms of thread title/topic

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

ItohRespectArmy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTj-5knBPu4

this guy is hit and miss but this video is pretty spot on in terms of thread title/topic

I generally find him spot on on most stuff tbh

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
is there a transcript? cant listen to that voice for half a minute let alone half an hour

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Breath Ray posted:

is there a transcript? cant listen to that voice for half a minute let alone half an hour

tl;dw everyone is leveraged up to their eyeballs, if the premier league distributes more money to the league then it's likely to just be spent on more players and continue the cycle of endlessly chasing the dragon until we get more wigans and derby's.

personally i think its cool and good and insanely funny

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
i have had to turn it on 1.5x speed and turn on auto captions

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

i just realised i woke up early and there's no early kickoff ffs

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Nuclear Spoon posted:

i have had to turn it on 1.5x speed and turn on auto captions

Imagine watching anything on YouTube on 1x

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

ItohRespectArmy posted:

i just realised i woke up early and there's no early kickoff ffs

lmao

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

come on THE boro

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Love that Venkys is still on the Blackburn shirt

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Blackburn has Venky's on their shirts, we're so back baby

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Ungratek posted:

Love that Venkys is still on the Blackburn shirt

The second divisions most trusted authority on poultry.

Botswana!
Oct 12, 2009

They want what all Scotch people want: To kill the Queen, and destroy our way of life.
cam on miwawwwww

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Could've been 3 up inside 10 minutes if we hadn't missed a penalty

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Gareth Ainsworth's QPR going exactly as expected (they're getting relegated)

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Troy Queef posted:

Gareth Ainsworth's QPR going exactly as expected (they're getting relegated)

QPR is going to be on 0 points.

however there will be three teams in the negatives.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

(Welcome to Wrexham Season 3 spoiler) loving lol at them losing to Franchise FC

Botswana!
Oct 12, 2009

They want what all Scotch people want: To kill the Queen, and destroy our way of life.
incredibly happy with millwalls signings - we're plugging some real problem areas although we will absolutely be seeing the sad aftermath of no charlie cresswell in defence. nisbet, bryan and de norre look class

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Botswana! posted:

incredibly happy with millwalls signings - we're plugging some real problem areas although we will absolutely be seeing the sad aftermath of no charlie cresswell in defence. nisbet, bryan and de norre look class

wall have been getting quietly better and better for years, watmore is a class player obviously

boro looked very first game of the season there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Botswana!
Oct 12, 2009

yeah millwall are good right now. best ive seen them beyond 2010-11. the faith in the board with rowlett is the most important part of that coupled with our scouts/director of football (the latter weirdly being just a guy who used to be a twitter journo thats actually doing well on the signing front.) flemming and possibly now de norre are rather inspired signings.

my biggest frustrations are when the fans slag the manager off (theyve literally had it too good for too long and we'd crumble replacing him) and the fact that every so often millwall play like a bad version of engalnd - being that we look insane for 10-15 minutes on some random stretch then the rest of the game is hoofing up a wing and then a cross to noone in particular for 70 minutes.